Author Topic: Could the refscoreboard contain fake entries?  (Read 1878 times)

38PTSWarrior

The thing you should take away form the referral scoreboard is that it probably represents about 20% (guesstimate) of actual referrals. That is because I suspect that 4 out of 5 new people probably created a BitShares account from the web wallet instead of the hassle of downloading the wallet and having to deal with all of its issues. The scoreboard only gives credit when someone downloads the client, and not the web wallet. This is what has me somewhat excited about the upcoming referral system, since it will be web based, that is of course if bytemaster follows through like he said he would with making sure a referral to bitshares.org who then has to go to another site to register and access the wallet is still credited with the original referral instead of bitshares.org being credited with the referral.

I was not a delegate and did not get paid, so faking my referrals to this point would have been pointless to me. I say this because it shows the power of blogging to get referrals. 38 you would probably see much better success if you had a blog about your life, include links in your high quality content that you post regularly, and just let Google bring you traffic. I know I saw your blog awhile ago, if I remember it was a free site setup with just a few posts, you would probably get much love from Google and other search engines if you owned your own domain name and setup hosting your site on a shared hosting provider, which these days can be found for really cheap.
What do you think about my blog right now? Thanks for this good post!

I now have the word peace in many languages and spaced the sentences for better reading on mobile.

And a counter for the PitchFork.

I will twitter my ref-link soon, good idea!

38PTSWarrior

I would have done this already but first I have to send fiat to my bank account for paying ads and the host.

Everything I did until now I did with a daily budget of 5 Euro which I earned with my BitShares Infotainment.

That the referral will maybe work with the web-wallet is great to hear.

I already helped the people with the web-wallet and think success for the company first, then my referrals.

Offline mint chocolate chip

The thing you should take away form the referral scoreboard is that it probably represents about 20% (guesstimate) of actual referrals. That is because I suspect that 4 out of 5 new people probably created a BitShares account from the web wallet instead of the hassle of downloading the wallet and having to deal with all of its issues. The scoreboard only gives credit when someone downloads the client, and not the web wallet. This is what has me somewhat excited about the upcoming referral system, since it will be web based, that is of course if bytemaster follows through like he said he would with making sure a referral to bitshares.org who then has to go to another site to register and access the wallet is still credited with the original referral instead of bitshares.org being credited with the referral.

I was not a delegate and did not get paid, so faking my referrals to this point would have been pointless to me. I say this because it shows the power of blogging to get referrals. 38 you would probably see much better success if you had a blog about your life, include links in your high quality content that you post regularly, and just let Google bring you traffic. I know I saw your blog awhile ago, if I remember it was a free site setup with just a few posts, you would probably get much love from Google and other search engines if you owned your own domain name and setup hosting your site on a shared hosting provider, which these days can be found for really cheap.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

So you are asking about the current counter.. not the future.

Sure.. it could be gamed if you wanted to go to the trouble of doing that without even knowing what the reward was.

We now know it only meant a free lifetime membership... and that offer was cut off as of June 8.

As for using it as a metric to see how effective someone is.. that is always going to be up for debate.

Given we are less than a month from 2.0.. I can't see any point in worrying over this.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

38PTSWarrior

Everyone could have done it. The ref-program started in January.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Yes but right now(!) most people get their success measured by this list. So they get the votes. These delegates do not need to  care about the future because they will have gathered enough BTS to live from that for the rest of their lives.

who? I only see minebitshares voted in, all others on this list are developers / paid for other work primarily

38PTSWarrior

Yes but right now(!) most people get their success measured by this list. So they get the votes. These delegates do not need to  care about the future because they will have gathered enough BTS to live from that for the rest of their lives.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
yes, since it's a simple counter.

those numbers are totally irrelevant in 2.0, since fake/inactive referrals won't make you any money.

38PTSWarrior

I am wondering if someone could have used several computers to refer himself to make a better impression about their marketing success.

If so it would be wise to not focus too much on these results and to find better metrics to measure marketing success.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 12:57:43 pm by 38PTSWarrior »