Author Topic: Observation about DNS stake  (Read 7407 times)

Offline Mako

• View Profile
hello toast,thanks for your attention.  we are not big stake holder.Five members in our team totally hold 0.4% votes.We have been working for the Chinese community and maybe people like our job,so they vote for us.If they dont trust us anymore ,I think they will cancel the votes.It dosn`t seem to be a problem we get the support by the community,right? :)

Offline svk

I noticed this too, there are a couple more delegates who are very close to having enough votes as well in the places 102-110ish. I tend to think anyone with that big of a stake will have the best interests of the system in mind anyway, so I'm not that bothered about this. It does highlight the lack of voting in general though.

We're currently at 23.5% of genesis claimed, but only 4% of total is voting, or 17% of claimed stake. Part of the problem imo, and this is the same for BTSX, is that big stakeholders generally vote only for their own delegates and their close friends. Very few delegates/stakeholders do what Xeroc has done for example and prepare a big slate of delegates. I've done so myself for BTSX, and am currently voting for around 50 delegates I think, but doing so is a little too much work for most people.

What we need IMO is an easy way to browse and select delegate slates, preferably inside the client. Ideally you would be able to see all the delegates in a slate, and add/remove delegates from that list as you see fit before choosing to copy it for yourself.

Alternatively I could add this to my site if a call were added to the toolkit similar to dns:/bitsharesblocks-dev1/approve, but to select a slate, something like: dns:/bitsharesblocks-dev1/copyslate

This would allow third party sites to present slates for easy perusal by users.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Now is the time to bring in 101 100% delegates.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I will make my stake available this evening and make votes for delegates I personally trust ..
would it make sense for me to add the init delegates?!

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hmm thanks for this call to action.  I recently imported funds but went to bed and forgot to vote with my (meager) stake.  I'll do so now and hopefully others with much larger stakes will do the same.

Offline yellowecho

or see if existing vested interests will pick "good" delegates.

this.  I haven't had the opportunity to vote using my stake yet because I haven't been able to import my wallets/keys.  I don't love using the console and haven't seen any instructional help for importing BTC (for AGS) and PTS wallets.  I think existing vested interests could be trusted as they have little to gain by doing anything malicious at this point.  Once we get a few things worked out with the client I think we'll see more delegate voting away from centralized source.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
There are two delegates that have more votes than all the init delegates which have 4%.

This means there is sufficient stake for someone to take control of the network. The options are to bring more dev funds online, or see if existing vested interests will pick "good" delegates.

I'm not bringing more stake online yet... What's the worst that can happen? We find out shareholders are not rational after all? There's like 10 very active technical delegates who I'm sure have lots of stake online and trading, with opportunity to pay workers via dilution..
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.