Author Topic: BTSX Price Per Share  (Read 5023 times)

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
The first price projections in this thread are very exciting but I'm not sure how realistic they are. In the meantime we've seen a very slow but fairly steady decline in the price. I'm also looking forward to an increase in marketing.

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
Is anyone working on getting BitPay onboard to accepting bitUSD?

Right now I think bitpay is only focusing on bitcoin (and won't consider any alts).
But I don't think that really matters because they are working on on/off ramps that would make bitpay irrelevant.

Good point, Bitshares with bitUSD may never need the likes of Bitpay :) 

I just read that LTC may be added to Coinbase or something, although I realize that is completely irrelevant in this group.  (sorry, still stuck in the 'old world)  :)

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Right now I think bitpay is only focusing on bitcoin (and won't consider any alts).
But I don't think that really matters because they are working on on/off ramps that would make bitpay irrelevant.

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

Offline BitTitan

• View Profile
BitsharesX will not get very far into this area with fierce competition encroaching and marketing that is either nonexistent or depends on paying their competitors...

If they get marketing taken care of,  though, and users actually know of them before PayPal, eBay, overstock...etc buy out their currently inferior competitors for a much lower price, we can see these valuations and beyond.

But this is a big if from the way the majority presently sees marketing. 

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Thanks.

Are there any links to these "teasings" ?

I imagine they will have HUGE troubles with regulation if that goes big.  Do you guys know why Ethereum incorporated in Switzerland? (I heard because they got gov't clearance... a kind of a break... to do their business, raise money, etc.  Any such things for I3?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9847.0

Bitshares is one of the few (only) techs that completed substantial legal/regulatory due diligence up front.

The news is good.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Bitcoin went from 2.60 to 1165 in 2 years (44,707% gain).  This was when hardly anyone had even heard of crypto currencies too.  And still 2bln is not that hard to achieve even if there is just a slight change in the majority's public perception of crypto currencies.  Time will tell, but things move fast when momentum takes hold.

BTC was also much more difficult to acquire during those two years than BTSX is today.

The fiat on/off ramps I3 is teasing could make BTSX share price look like it has a hyper-drive compared to BTC.

what is I3 ?

Invictus Innovations Incorporated they are the dev team.

Thanks.

I imagine they will have HUGE troubles with regulation if that goes big.  Do you guys know why Ethereum incorporated in Switzerland? (I heard because they got gov't clearance... a kind of a break... to do their business, raise money, etc.  Any such things for I3?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9847.0

I3 is based in Hong Kong

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
Bitcoin went from 2.60 to 1165 in 2 years (44,707% gain).  This was when hardly anyone had even heard of crypto currencies too.  And still 2bln is not that hard to achieve even if there is just a slight change in the majority's public perception of crypto currencies.  Time will tell, but things move fast when momentum takes hold.

BTC was also much more difficult to acquire during those two years than BTSX is today.

The fiat on/off ramps I3 is teasing could make BTSX share price look like it has a hyper-drive compared to BTC.

what is I3 ?

Thanks.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

what is I3 ?

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

what is I3 ?

TurkeyLeg

Great insight from you folks. Thank you!

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

It doesn't take much money to increase the price... it just takes more people being willing to HODL and not sell.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I would say within the next year we can easily hit $2bln in market cap.  That's really just a drop in the bucket with all the money sloshing around in the financial system.  Its a better product than bitcoin and a lot of the infrastructure is in place for crypto companies to switch over to btsx.  After next year I think we get exponential growth to $20bln by end of 2016... so $1/btsx in 2015 and $10/btsx by 2016.  If the tech catches on like many think it could, don't be surprised to see a $100bln valuation on btsx in the next 5 years, which still isn't even = to the market cap of visa. 

The price is surpressed now because of how difficult it is to actually aquire shares... The new onramps will help immensely with that.

We're in the realm of pure speculation in this thread, so there's no "wrong answer".  But I believe 20bn in 2 years is way too bullish. At 60M$ market cap, it's a 33,333% increase in 2 years. I might be proven wrong, but regulatory issues might slow down mass adoption, as institutional investors will not invest massively if it's not properly regulated, and the range of 20bn to 100bn market cap won't be achieved without those investor. I'm not for regulations, but it seems the traditional financial world needs them to believe it's "safe".

In my humble opinion, I would be satisfied if BTSX shares are worth a solid (not at the peak of a pump) 1$-2$ in 2 to 3 years. I don't even dare to speculate further than that. But if the whole world sees the potential of Bitshares as much as several of the members of this community, we're in for a very durable and profitable increase in value.

50$ each BTSX? Don't know if it will happen some day, but if it does I'll get a vault to secure my laptop.