Author Topic: Where do you buy BTSX?  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Riverhead

BitUSD in the client often sells at a discount because of the costs associated to getting it to fiat. This discount works against you when doing btc to bitUSD to BTSX.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
so much information, dunno where to start  :'(
lol I know the feeling. Whatever you don't understand feel free to ask. There are quite a few knowledgeable people on this forum.

Offline TookDk

• View Profile
so much information, dunno where to start  :'(

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
can I just send the BitUSD to my account?  -- the same one I sent the BTSX before?

Yes your BTSX stores shares and BitUSD, so you can send it all to your wallet account.

thanks!  I noticed that there is a 2% spread on Bter for bitUSD-USD... is that "normal" ?
Yea right now the volume is very low so the spread is going to be a lot wider.
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/bitusd/#markets
So you'll probably only be able to convert ~$50 at a 1-1 ratio per day on bter.

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
can I just send the BitUSD to my account?  -- the same one I sent the BTSX before?

Yes your BTSX stores shares and BitUSD, so you can send it all to your wallet account.

thanks!  I noticed that there is a 2% spread on Bter for bitUSD-USD... is that "normal" ?

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
I thought I would do a little "test" of buying bitUSD and BTSX on BTER with 0.1 Btc each

and then see what I end up after I transfer both to my account (somehow, I haven't done this before)

and then use BitshareX to buy BTSX with bitUSD

anyhow, this whole thing got thwarted with the HUGE spread in USD-BTC price on Bter.com!!!

it is now $417 sell, and $375 buy!!!!

[i wish I knew how to do a quick copy/paste here of the screen]

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
buy with BTC - bitUSD on BTER you can transfer bitUSD with 0% fee back to your account and trade bitUSD to BTSX on the BTSX exchange self

+5%

THANK YOU!!! -- I will definitely give this a try!

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
buy with BTC - bitUSD on BTER you can transfer bitUSD with 0% fee back to your account and trade bitUSD to BTSX on the BTSX exchange self

+5%

THANK YOU!!! -- I will definitely give this a try!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
looking at coinmarketcap, I see btc38 and bter as the top markets and they both charge 1% withdrawal fee, and a 1 BTSX feee, and the normal trading fee.

Where do you buy BTSX with the minimal cost?

Those fees are priced in. So if I recall correctly, if you go over to Poloniex, you don't have a 1% withdrawal fee, but you tend to see prices 1% higher to make up for that. Add to that the fact that people seem to have had pretty bad experiences with Bitshares on Poloniex, and add to that the fact that the spread will be much wider at Polo, and you have some pretty clear reasons to use Bter or BTC38.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Right now I think those are the best places. There will be other ways in the future but if you wait the price might be a lot greater.

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
looking at coinmarketcap, I see btc38 and bter as the top markets and they both charge 1% withdrawal fee, and a 1 BTSX feee, and the normal trading fee.

Where do you buy BTSX with the minimal cost?