Author Topic: Can PTS be made PoS as per PND or BlackCoin  (Read 4041 times)

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
btw, I'm sure you've also found that the simplemachines forum search doesn't seem to have the 'mind-reading' capabilities of google, and with experience from BT, i also shy away from it, remembering the "too many searches/minute error" i used to get there all the time.

I recommend brushing up on your Google-Fu skills. Add "site:bitsharestalk.org" to your Google search query to restrict the results to this forum. I find this much more useful than the SimpleMachines search functionality.

Example: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Abitsharestalk.org+PTS+DPOS

Dang, I know about that... but never crossed my mind to use it on BT or this Forum... THANKS ARHAG! :) :D

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
btw, I'm sure you've also found that the simplemachines forum search doesn't seem to have the 'mind-reading' capabilities of google, and with experience from BT, i also shy away from it, remembering the "too many searches/minute error" i used to get there all the time.

I recommend brushing up on your Google-Fu skills. Add "site:bitsharestalk.org" to your Google search query to restrict the results to this forum. I find this much more useful than the SimpleMachines search functionality.

Example: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Abitsharestalk.org+PTS+DPOS

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You'll probably LOVE the "stupid questions" thread over here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8390.
plenty of information for newcomers and an ideal spot to ask 'easy' questions .. if not yet answered in there .. somewhere ;)

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
As far as the other commenters [do you remember being NEW to Bitshares?  I am just asking questions as they come and really appreciate those who answer them  +5%]
If I may give you and advice: I'd start using the search function first .. in the forums and the wiki ... because basically every information is publicly available .. and people like me and others have limited time resources  :-\
But if you cannot find any just keep asking

Thanks for your help Xeroc.  I have searched around quite a bit, and was getting overwhelmed after many hours.  Asking these questions and getting really direct replies HELPS ME A LOT!  -- i'm sure other newcommers feel similarly. 

ps: I am already helping others better understand Bitshares, so doing my best to 'pay it forward'  :)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Why not make PTS an asset on btsx? That would mean there would actually be an active market on the decentralized exchange, and it would remove the issue of exchanges not helping with DAC snapshots.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
As far as the other commenters [do you remember being NEW to Bitshares?  I am just asking questions as they come and really appreciate those who answer them  +5%]
If I may give you and advice: I'd start using the search function first .. in the forums and the wiki ... because basically every information is publicly available .. and people like me and others have limited time resources  :-\
But if you cannot find any just keep asking

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
There's a discussion about moving PTS to DPOS here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9548.0

Thanks again for the link, Rob!  I didn't actually read through before my previous reply and thanks, and only just "got it" why some here may be seeing "bad intentions" where there is none. 

I am new to Bitshares, and the DAC concept and don't, yet, see it behind every tree and bush in the forest!  :)   

I just read your link and realized people are discussing this with the obvious idea that PTS would be a Bitshares DAC type of Proof of Stake "coin" instead of the type I was thinking.

Anyhow, I have been in the Bitcoin world for about 3 years now, and forgive me, if I still have "the old world" ruling my mind! :)

Technically, it would make sense to me still that forking a 'bitcoin' PTS proof of work algo to a 'pnd' style proof of stake would be easier, though obviously in this community there is plenty technical man-power to do the extra planning, and re-engineering for the task.

Thanks again for the link.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I do not think he gives a clean slate to anything  even when it is "POS"...
And he doesn't need to ..
everyone has it's own opinion and style of "speech" when it comes to freedom ;-)

zerosum

But generally speaking 'Yes' tonyk is a bad guy.... I agree.
"bad" .. sometimes .. but still highly respected in the community ..

and I see his point reading the "advertisement" in the OP ..
still panda is POS and that has to be honored ..

I do not think he gives a clean slate to anything  even when it is "POS"...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:22:55 am by zerosum »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
"bad" .. sometimes .. but still highly respected in the community ..

and I see his point reading the "advertisement" in the OP ..
still panda is POS and that has to be honored ..

zerosum

I think he dislikes people with bad intends... if you read all of his, as well as, all of the posts of said user you will get the picture.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
There's a discussion about moving PTS to DPOS here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9548.0

He does not care Rob, he just likes the sound of his own voice in his personal chamber.

Ohh man, how smart he feels listening to the sound of his own voice, repeating his wisdom....  again and again and again

Man, you just REALLY hate new forum users dont you tonyk. :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

He does not care Rob, he just likes the sound of his own voice in his personal chamber.

Ohh man, how smart he feels listening to the sound of his own voice, repeating his wisdom....  again and again and again

yes he does, Rob.  Thanks!  +5% 

Tony, how did you know I suffer from serious subvocalization.... oh yeah, takes one to know one!  -- my problem is I read my words in English but then hear them in a different language!  You too!? 

So confusing, isn't it?  :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline robrigo