Author Topic: VOTE DAC Just Got More Interesting  (Read 30572 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
- Albert Einstein

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
Some of you are saying we basically control our reality with how to we choose to look at things, right?

I don't think I agree.

Children are the ultimate optimists, not having been corrupted by negative influences already at work in the world. Terrible things happen to them all the time.

Also, that terrible things exist to begin with is evidence that we don't control things with our world view. If, in the beginning, people looked at the world as children and nothing but good, then how in human history did negativity get introduced to begin with? When did it start to spiral into the world we see today?

Maybe I'm just not understanding.

The children are not separate from you.  Only from your point of view have you labeled the things that happened to them terrible and presume they felt the same way.   If the children were fully enlightened they would not experience the terrible situation the same way you would.  Thus you are projecting your feelings on the situation on the children.

We control how we interpret things... and that makes all the difference.

We have influence on our beliefs, which have influence on our perceptions, which have influence on our beliefs, which have influence on our actions, which have influence on our beliefs........

Offline jamesc

Have both registered and anonymous.  If your into non anonymous, do that first.   It is a case by case thing which model will fit best. 

merockstar

Some of you are saying we basically control our reality with how to we choose to look at things, right?

I don't think I agree.

Children are the ultimate optimists, not having been corrupted by negative influences already at work in the world. Terrible things happen to them all the time.

Also, that terrible things exist to begin with is evidence that we don't control things with our world view. If, in the beginning, people looked at the world as children and nothing but good, then how in human history did negativity get introduced to begin with? When did it start to spiral into the world we see today?

The children are not separate from you.  Only from your point of view have you labeled the things that happened to them terrible and presume they felt the same way.   If the children were fully enlightened they would not experience the terrible situation the same way you would.  Thus you are projecting your feelings on the situation on the children.

Ah that's right. As a child if trauma happens it doesn't even dawn on us that everybody else hasn't been traumatized the same way. We just assume that's the status quo. The effects aren't truly felt until adulthood looking at the situation in hindsight (at least by my experience).

That still doesn't explain how negativity got introduced into the human consciousness to begin with, if we, as a collective intelligence, control our own reality.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
2) Don't do unto others what you don't want others doing to you:
    - rationale:  logically consistent with the premise that all are created equal
                   :  to think otherwise I would have no grounds to complain about others actions against me.

Do you agree that the next level to "your" quote is:

"Do unto others what you want others do unto you" (?)

That is impossible... I want others to give me all of their money.    Thus I cannot do unto them what I want them to do unto me because my wants are endless.

In "reality"...You don't...

PS It isn't impossible if you get ...like Him
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:13:35 pm by liondani »

Offline bytemaster

I don't think I agree.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
                   :  to think otherwise I would have no grounds to complain about others actions against me.

That is impossible... I want others to give me all of their money.    Thus I cannot do unto them what I want them to do unto me because my wants are endless.

It still works if you want from others only what you want them to want from you.  :P

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

"Don't be a dick" I find covers a lot of ground.

I want just to find out which Religion is closer to BM, which one he believes/respect more...
I quite don't understand why you are getting nervous (?)

PS  https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090812170142AAzA3Fv

Just trying to lighten the mood a bit :) .
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:06:34 pm by Riverhead »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I want just to find out which Religion is closer to BM, which one he believes/respect more...
I quite don't understand why you are getting nervous (?)  :)

PS  https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090812170142AAzA3Fv
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:06:08 pm by liondani »

Offline Riverhead

[quote ]

[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:07:25 pm by Riverhead »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:44:32 pm by liondani »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Might be irrelevant...but if I remember correctly a month ago, someone was selling his vote for the referendum in Scotland on ebay and the news was covered by Bloomberg...

Don't underestimate VOTE, the network effect and the publicity it may attract from mainstream news...This can be huge. I haven't imagined how this will work, I am just quite confident that this will attract a lot of attention...

It could be exciting. I'd suggest they get they whole thing ready (including identity verification) and then stage some publicity stunt. I'm serious about that part. For example, schedule a mock presidential vote and boast that it will beat the real voter turnout by 10%. Or that it will accomplish the same result for almost zero cost. Or stage a corporate election or a local election: invite all shareholders or all people that live in a school board area to vote in a parallel election online, and then hold up those results against the "real: ones. This DAC can get some major media attention, but the bugs had better be worked out first, because it may only get that one chance to make a first impression!

That's actually a great idea  +5%
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Might be irrelevant...but if I remember correctly a month ago, someone was selling his vote for the referendum in Scotland on ebay and the news was covered by Bloomberg...

Don't underestimate VOTE, the network effect and the publicity it may attract from mainstream news...This can be huge. I haven't imagined how this will work, I am just quite confident that this will attract a lot of attention...

It could be exciting. I'd suggest they get they whole thing ready (including identity verification) and then stage some publicity stunt. I'm serious about that part. For example, schedule a mock presidential vote and boast that it will beat the real voter turnout by 10%. Or that it will accomplish the same result for almost zero cost. Or stage a corporate election or a local election: invite all shareholders or all people that live in a school board area to vote in a parallel election online, and then hold up those results against the "real: ones. This DAC can get some major media attention, but the bugs had better be worked out first, because it may only get that one chance to make a first impression!

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile