Author Topic: VOTE DAC Just Got More Interesting  (Read 30300 times)

zerosum

What was the AGS/PTS distribution for vote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
30% / 30% dilute-able to min of 15%/15%

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
The VOTE allocation of Follow My Vote’s VOTE DAC will include 10 billion VOTES. Half (50%) of the VOTES (5 billion to be exact) will be allocated over time to delegates that will be responsible for maintaining the blockchain throughout the life of the company, starting with 50% allocated within the first year of operations and 50% of the remaining VOTES thereafter, year over year. The other 5 billion VOTES will be allocated up front to, among other things, cover the cost of the development of the DAC itself and marketing necessary to acquire its initial user base. The breakdown of the initial VOTE allocation will be as follows:

4.2.2) BitShares PTS: 1.5 billion VOTES

BitShares PTS, is a simple minable crypto-currency (similar to Bitcoin) that was created to allow people to advertise their interest in receiving free token samples in future DACs.  Per the BitShares social consensus, 30% of VOTES that are initially allocated will be distributed to those who have supported the BitShares industry by owning its BitShares PTS tokens.

Anybody who owns BitShares PTS on that snapshot date is given a proportional stake in the new DAC. Thus, those interested in supporting Follow My Vote should invest in BitShares PTS prior to the VOTE DAC snapshot date.

4.2.3) BitShares AGS: 1.5 billion VOTES

BitShares AGS is similar to BitShares PTS in that both were ways of volunteering to receive free promotional samples from the developers of new DACs. The difference is that BitShares AGS can no longer be bought or sold, as the owners are those whom contributed into an industry development fund while the industry was still in its infancy. Per the social consensus, 30% of VOTES that are initially allocated will be distributed to BitShares AGS owners in proportion to their ownership of AGS.

4.2.4) Follow My Vote: 1.5 billion VOTES

Follow My Vote will be spending a considerable amount of resources to develop the VOTE DAC and acquire new account holders upon its release. Thus, 30% of VOTES that are initially allocated will be distributed to Follow My Vote to cover these costs.

4.2.5) NuSpark: 50 million VOTES

NuSpark is a startup incubator in Blacksburg, VA, that has supported Follow My Vote in since their early stages of development by providing them with dedicated office space to conduct business operations. NuSpark will continue to support Follow My Vote by further educating the Blacksburg community and surrounding areas about cryptography and blockchain technology in an effort to encourage the use of the VOTE DAC. For their continued support, NuSpark will receive 1% of the initial allocation of VOTES.

4.2.6) Virginia Tech: 50 million VOTES

Virginia Tech is also located in Blacksburg, VA. Similar to NuSpark, Virginia Tech will be supporting Follow My Vote by further educating the Blacksburg community and surrounding areas (in addition to the Virginia Tech faculty and student body) about cryptography and blockchain technology in an effort to encourage the use of the VOTE DAC. For their support, Virginia Tech will receive 1% of the initial allocation of VOTES.

4.2.7) New River Valley: 400 million VOTES

Follow My Vote will be promoting the emergence of the cryptography and blockchain technology to the U.S. citizens living in New River Valley. Residents of Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and Roanoke, VA, will have an opportunity to claim VOTES during a series of promotions to encourage the use of the VOTE DAC. A total of 8% of VOTES that are initially allocated will be distributed in this way.

The official snapshot date of the VOTE DAC is August 21, 2014. Therefore, by holding BitShares PTS on the VOTE DAC snapshot date, you have an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and own an initial stake in the VOTE DAC.

The VOTE DAC is a game-changing technology that has the potential to become the voting platform of the future!

30/30% of the initial distribution

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
What was the AGS/PTS distribution for vote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
AGS was a shot in the dark. No product released at that time, only concepts and ideas... And yet, so happy I took that risk!

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I cannot reveal the details right now, but the DAC that I am most excited about becoming as big as BTSX is now the VOTE dac.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, we have figured out how to monetize VOTE and accrue all of that value to VOTEs in a game changing way.

And that is my tease of the day.... just so excited I couldn't keep it in. 

Back to BTSX.

+5% Wow! That sounds amazing! Good luck. I wasn't sure about that one tbh.

zerosum

That is so unfair... can we have the smallest of all small clues please.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Vote Dac snapshot occurred before I heard of bitshares, and its not tradeable yet, so no way for me to buy.  :(
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Was the vote snapshot already taken?

Offline Pheonike

Offline bytemaster

I cannot reveal the details right now, but the DAC that I am most excited about becoming as big as BTSX is now the VOTE dac.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, we have figured out how to monetize VOTE and accrue all of that value to VOTEs in a game changing way.

And that is my tease of the day.... just so excited I couldn't keep it in. 

Back to BTSX.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.