Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Import Not working  (Read 6188 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
genesis block from github:
https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/blob/master/libraries/blockchain/genesis_btsx.json?raw=true

go to the transactions tab ... if the stake has been moved already you will see it over there ..
if now transaction has been made and you see no balance, then you either have not imported the right key or you didn't donated before the snapshot

edit:
from
http://www1.agsexplorer.com/balances/1376AFc3gfic94o9yK1dx7JMMqxzfbssrg
I see that it is the right btc address .. so you should at least see that you had stake in the genesis ... if you haven't move them out the stake should still sit there

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile
1) please check if you use the correct key
2) what's stated in the genesis.json is also part of the network
3) check if you (or someone else) already moved the funds out of the genesis .. by checking the transaction history

Xeroc, thanks for the info.  I have a couple questions

I did verify I'm using the correct private key so that is not an issue.

Also, how do I check if someone already moved the funds out.  My public address is 1376AFc3gfic94o9yK1dx7JMMqxzfbssrg

Were do I find the Genesis.json file ... i looked in both BitSharesX folders under app data and program files and couldn't find it.
BTSX: codeblooded   |   PTS: PiiQ6ZECCRYawcZFc8ZGbvjuCjCnBVuPjA
BTSX delegate: wallet_approve_delegate codeblooded true

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
1) please check if you use the correct key
2) what's stated in the genesis.json is also part of the network
3) check if you (or someone else) already moved the funds out of the genesis .. by checking the transaction history

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile
Were you successful in importing your private address?

If you were, it may be that your wallet is not in sync.  At the console, type  "info   " and type enter.  Look out for "blockchain_head_block_age". It should be a few seconds only.  This means the blockchain is in sync.  If you still cannot find your balance, at the console type "wallet_rescan_blockchain ".  This rescanning process takes some time. You can check progress with command "info   ". 

If the above works for you, please donate some fund to ID: freekeyid  or ID: bitcube.  They are the primary and backup freekeyid faucets for new users. Please vote for delegates freekeyid and bitcube. Thank you!
Hi Cube.
I see "Blocks are synced" message.   I'm able to see my balance so that is not an issue.  I ran "wallet_rescan_blockchain" to see if that would fix, but it did not.

Still when I import my private key for my BTC address that donated to AGS, I am not getting any rewards.  Also not getting rewards for Protoshares I held in my wallet during the snapshot... but I'll worry about that later.  I am only getting rewards for PTS I donated to AGS.  So in summary only 1 out of 3 rewards is working for me.

Is there way to check if a claim has already been made from my private address?    Just in case some one stole my reward and got my private key some kind of way.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:34:12 am by educatedwarrior »

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Were you successful in importing your private address?

If you were, it may be that your wallet is not in sync.  At the console, type  "info   " and type enter.  Look out for "blockchain_head_block_age". It should be a few seconds only.  This means the blockchain is in sync.  If you still cannot find your balance, at the console type "wallet_rescan_blockchain ".  This rescanning process takes some time. You can check progress with command "info   ". 

If the above works for you, please donate some fund to ID: freekeyid  or ID: bitcube.  They are the primary and backup freekeyid faucets for new users. Please vote for delegates freekeyid and bitcube. Thank you!
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile
Okay, now I attempted to import my private key for my Bitcoin wallet that contributed to AGS, but I am not being rewarded.   I also tried importing the BTC wallet.dat file from within the KeyID client.

I found my address in the genesis block using the link Xeroc provided.   https://raw.githubusercontent.com/keyid/keyid/master/libraries/blockchain/genesis_keyid.json