Author Topic: What is the Coin Limit on BTSX now?  (Read 2689 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

---- thanks btw, for the link to your site: http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/home  ---------

quick questions: What if all the Unclaimed: 708,327,308 BTSX show up all of a sudden... ?

That could TANK the price... or is there a reason these have not been claimed?  are they being slowly released/claimed?

and have all the rest been actually disbursed?  are they all in circulation, the 1.3 billion?

BTSX was awarded 50/50 to AGS & PTS. Both of those are very well distributed, so there is no one person or small group that owns all that unclaimed stake.

The stake is being slowly claimed as BTSX becomes more stable but it's possible some of that stake might not be claimed. The people claiming are free to sell but are unlikely to dump as they were early donators in just an idea and now they have a piece of a DAC that is looking awesome & may overtake Bitcoin in less than a year.

Please forgive me for needing a bit more clarification.  So all the BTSX went to AGS and PTS investors. I get that. :)

what do you mean by "it's possible some of that stake might not be claimed" ?  The bitsharesblocks site shows MANY "unclaimed" stakes.

Are you saying that there are probably a ton of BTSX's out there that are "claimed" but the system does not recognize them as such?

If so, why is that?  -- honestly, just trying to understand this whole system before I dive (buy) into it more

happybit, you are ofcourse forgiven.  You are spreading the word.

There is only 2 billion BTSX for now, bytemaster is saying there may be more (im thinking this is what he is saying) but im unsure.   Go here to see available supply for BitsharesX http://coinmarketcap.com/

Offline bytemaster

---- thanks btw, for the link to your site: http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/home  ---------

quick questions: What if all the Unclaimed: 708,327,308 BTSX show up all of a sudden... ?

That could TANK the price... or is there a reason these have not been claimed?  are they being slowly released/claimed?

and have all the rest been actually disbursed?  are they all in circulation, the 1.3 billion?

BTSX was awarded 50/50 to AGS & PTS. Both of those are very well distributed, so there is no one person or small group that owns all that unclaimed stake.

The stake is being slowly claimed as BTSX becomes more stable but it's possible some of that stake might not be claimed. The people claiming are free to sell but are unlikely to dump as they were early donators in just an idea and now they have a piece of a DAC that is looking awesome & may overtake Bitcoin in less than a year.

Please forgive me for needing a bit more clarification.  So all the BTSX went to AGS and PTS investors. I get that. :)

what do you mean by "it's possible some of that stake might not be claimed" ?  The bitsharesblocks site shows MANY "unclaimed" stakes.

Are you saying that there are probably a ton of BTSX's out there that are "claimed" but the system does not recognize them as such?

If so, why is that?  -- honestly, just trying to understand this whole system before I dive (buy) into it more

It just means the owners have not moved the funds from the genesis location. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
The first paragraph you quoted is about Ripple.
They're the ones that changed their share numbers.

(Ripple has 100 Billion shares but as only 8% are actually on the market they have been valued by that. However when BitSharesX took the no.3 spot on coinmarketcap, Ripple decided that another 20 Billion or so XRP they had earmarked for investors/partners deserved to count towards their CAP. Something like that. But yeah BTSX would be no.3 if it wasn't for that re-jig. You can look at the Ripple graph and see the change on Aug 26 or something.)

Yea thanks for pointing that out, it was so obvious to me I didn't even realize the OP might be thinking that was actually done for BTSX! That kind of silly (deceitful even) behaviour is of course a Ripple thing, not Bitshares.

I wasn't trying to be deceitful.. I've been talking up Bitshares to friends, and they are sending me this stuff, and to be honest, I thought it was about Bitshares too...

Thanks for the clarification.  Maybe you guys can fix that on Bitcointalk! I have the link there, but here it is again:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.msg9226591#msg9226591

maybe others are misinterpreting that too

[do you want me to delete/change to OP?]

I wouldn't worry about changing the OP and SVK wasn't saying that you were being deceitful, he was referring to Ripple. (Saying that them changing their CAP like that was silly and even deceitful.)

pointed it out to them!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.msg9239906#msg9239906

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:12:56 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
pointed it out to them!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.msg9239906#msg9239906

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

(Ripple has 100 Billion shares but as only 8% are actually on the market they have been valued by that. However when BitSharesX took the no.3 spot on coinmarketcap, Ripple decided that another 20 Billion or so XRP they had earmarked for investors/partners deserved to count towards their CAP. Something like that. But yeah BTSX would be no.3 if it wasn't for that re-jig. You can look at the Ripple graph and see the change on Aug 26 or something.)

Yea thanks for pointing that out, it was so obvious to me I didn't even realize the OP might be thinking that was actually done for BTSX! That kind of silly (deceitful even) behaviour is of course a Ripple thing, not Bitshares.

I wasn't trying to be deceitful.. I've been talking up Bitshares to friends, and they are sending me this stuff, and to be honest, I thought it was about Bitshares too...

Thanks for the clarification.  Maybe you guys can fix that on Bitcointalk! I have the link there, but here it is again:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.msg9226591#msg9226591

maybe others are misinterpreting that too

[do you want me to delete/change to OP?]

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Offline svk

Check the home page of my site (in the signature), I've got the current supply listed there.

At one point a bug was discovered that allowed BTSX to be created, but it was fixed and BM burnt ~180k BTSX to correct the total supply.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
UPDATE:  I totally misread the post below, so I am adding some RED notes to show what has been clarified to me, didn't mean to deceive anyone!

I just found this post

Quote from: manfred on  October 16, 2014, 07:51:24 PM   link=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.msg9226591#msg9226591
Quote from: mtwelve on October 16, 2014, 07:05:20 PM link=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.msg9226066#msg9226066
But isn't market cap calculated by price of coin * current price per coin?
Yes number of available coins * price per coin.
What happened BitsharesX has overtaken them on marketcap and they did not like to get past down the rank so they went to the old trickery book and changed the available number of XRP from 8bil to 28bil. Of course there where not 20bil sold at an instant in fact not even the 8bil from before where all sold, so there marketcap was "wrong" to start with. The total sold is somewhere in the millions to date. In this case the correct way to calculate marketcap would be sold coins * price per coin but he wait that is wrong as well because RIPPLE set the price. If you control the coins its not a free market unlike ever other coin.
Overall they (RIPPLE) are literately worse than the FED

and this from before [using google search ;)]

If you have a look in the client at the assets tab you also find the maximum share supply 10 billion. No idea why this actually is.

Code: [Select]
>> blockchain_get_asset 0

{
  "id": 0,
  "symbol": "BTSX",
  "name": "BitShares X",
  "description": "Decentralized Autonomous Exchange",
  "public_data": "",
  "issuer_account_id": 0,
  "precision": 100000,
  "registration_date": "20140719T000000",
  "last_update": "20140719T000000",
  "current_share_supply": 199998457024777,
  "maximum_share_supply": 1000000000000000,
  "collected_fees": 16992815762
}

But yes there are never going to be more than 2B BTSX so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

What is the truth, how many BTSX shares are there?

Was it changed?

Is there a non-technical summary of all these changes somewhere? For a simple overview?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:03:15 am by happybit »