Author Topic: Cost of Notes - PTS VS Pre-sale  (Read 2961 times)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I made a similar analysis before the snapshot, when this AGS-style funding campaign was announced, for those who were paying attention...

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9735.msg126669#msg126669

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
There were several days after the snapshot announcement and before the snapshot you could have gotten PTS for 0.009 give or take a little.

As I said, I made several assumptions that may not represent all possible cases... The objective was simply to demonstrate that donating in the pre-sale for those who were late for the snapshot is still a good opportunity to grab cheap Notes.

And (as Cob mentionned several times) it helps the DAC directly by funding it's initial development, which is not the case when buying PTS.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 03:54:12 pm by Chuckone »

Offline mint chocolate chip

There were several days after the snapshot announcement and before the snapshot you could have gotten PTS for 0.009 give or take a little.

Offline Riverhead

This is true for Music, or any single DAC. But if you bought on Aug. 20th your 2.5 BTC would have gotten you DNS, Vote, and Music.

So your calculations are spot on. PTS is better as a buy and hold than per-DAC speculation IMHO.

(hard to believe it's been two months since DNS/VOTE snapshots. Where does the time go??)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:07:11 pm by Riverhead »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
BTC is up 10% but yeah, cheap Notes ahead  +5%

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I just made a quick calculation, just to get a sense of which is the cheaper way to get Notes, either buying PTS before the snapshot or donating directly to the pre-sale. I'm making several assumptions here, so yes, there are different cases where PTS could have been more advantageous or donating to the pre-sale less advantageous.

So let's say I bought PTS just before the snapshot, at about 0.01BTC/PTS and sold after the snapshot a little later at around 0.0075BTC/PTS.

1000PTS for the music snapshot would have cost me (0.01-0.0075)*1000 = 2.5BTC

Those 1000PTS entitles me to (1000/1,710,000)*0.35*1,500,000,000 = 307,017 Notes -- Assuming 1,710,000 PTS in circulation and a 35% initial distribution to PTS

Let's say instead of investing in PTS before the snapshot, I decided to keep my money and use those 2,5BTC to donate to the pre-sale. I'll use the average donation per day as of today, which is 26.48BTC/day for 5,000,000 notes.

Let's assume that by giving a little over several days and get that average per day, those 2.5BTC would entitle me to:

2.5/26.48 * 5,000,000 = 472,054 Notes.

With those assumptions (which are kind of realistic), I can get 53.8% more Notes investing in the pre-sale instead of having invested in PTS pre-snapshot.

Just saying there are cheap Notes to grab as we speak. If I were to be selfish I would just shut up and let the others figure it out by themselves, but more donations = more capital raised = greater product, so I still serve my interests...