Author Topic: What if America isn't the best place to market BitUSD?  (Read 9360 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
FFS when will we start paying this guy to help us

I suggest right after he creates a Potbit assets, writes a press release  'BTS now sells digital pot asset!', sends it to all media outlets, and as a result of the attention BTS price skyrockets ....

Engineering a Streisand effect would certainly be a marketing angle worth taking. However, if I were the marketing team at Invictus, I'd also be looking at establishing partnerships with BitPagio and BitPesa. 8,000 Convenience Stores in Argentina Now Sell Bitcoin. I'd have Brian on the phone with those guys pitching BitUSD yesterday.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I suggest right after he creates a Potbit assets, writes a press release  'BTS now sells digital pot asset!', sends it to all media outlets, and as a result of the attention BTS price skyrockets ....
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

This is one of the best posts I've seen in awhile. Sucks how true it is, though.  I suppose the Kardashians being primetime hasn't really helped us advance as planned.   
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
LTC jumped from under 2 dollar to 55 dollars this time around last year, from lower then we are now to 20x higher (1.2 billion).. From what I could tell 99% of that was hype generated internally from the crypto community, the average investors on the periphery being collateral damage sucked into it after the fact.

In that case it was also a question of access, but then there was so much buzz, so much insanity and hype, "LTC on GOX" and "LTC ON CHINA" - everyone could feel shit was about to go down http://trollboxarchive.com/quote/20357534

A BTSX pump would be awesome but I think the crypto community has become incredibly averse to altcoins in general. Establishing a solid foundation would ultimately do us more good than a couple of pumps (unless those pumps lead to infrastructure and BitUSD gaining use).

I think we are in a completely different situation now. If the BitShares ecosystem grows 20x from where it is now, the influx of capital to building the ecosystem will be brutal, even with well under 5% inflation across DACs we will see millions of dollar projects being launched each month. This is truly unthinkable disruption which nevertheless kind of seems like an inevitability.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
cut the Gordian Knot with
bitGOLD

GOLD is globally appreciated in converse with USD aka bitUSD   

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
LTC jumped from under 2 dollar to 55 dollars this time around last year, from lower then we are now to 20x higher (1.2 billion).. From what I could tell 99% of that was hype generated internally from the crypto community, the average investors on the periphery being collateral damage sucked into it after the fact.

In that case it was also a question of access, but then there was so much buzz, so much insanity and hype, "LTC on GOX" and "LTC ON CHINA" - everyone could feel shit was about to go down http://trollboxarchive.com/quote/20357534

A BTSX pump would be awesome but I think the crypto community has become incredibly averse to altcoins in general. Establishing a solid foundation would ultimately do us more good than a couple of pumps (unless those pumps lead to infrastructure and BitUSD gaining use).

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I remember Max Keiser was all over it as well, I think that really helped, he has quite a platform.
I think his pump juice is much weaker now though, felt kind of sad watching him try do the same thing for MaxCoin.

Keiser is involved with Startcoin now though ;)

Keiser had no actual involvement with MaxCoin, other than to allow others use his name.  He's the anti-Kanye. Startcoin is his project, along with the Startjoin crowd funding platform.

I remember him doing what I would describe as 'pumping MaxCoin' a few times though.

I've seen him do a couple of things on Startcoin. I like him but I don't get to watch him as much these days though. I actually don't follow the alt-coin market much at all really atm as I'm so into BitShares.
BitAssets are the Sh*$! :)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I remember Max Keiser was all over it as well, I think that really helped, he has quite a platform.
I think his pump juice is much weaker now though, felt kind of sad watching him try do the same thing for MaxCoin.

Keiser had no actual involvement with MaxCoin, other than to allow others use his name.  He's the anti-Kanye. Startcoin is his project, along with the Startjoin crowd funding platform.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline CLains

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Yeah I rode that train, forget the numbers but got in 5-ish I think and out in mid twenties.

But I agree a Billion dollar + valuation can come in a blink. I'd like to think BTSX has enough penetration in the Chinese market especially that once they feel it's decentralised, stable & they like what they see, we'll see the price rise a lot.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:01:53 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Medias engine @ mtgox .. that have been funny announcements of announcements :)

Offline CLains

• View Profile

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
However out of all the markets, until there is a catalyst, Western mainstream especially baby boomers are the hardest to target. So I'm not a fan of wasting money with big network effect programs trying to bootstrap them.

Baby boomers are the hardest sell out of everyone on this planet. I think if we establish ourselves in one or two solid niche markets now, an inevitable economic collapse in America will send the mainstream our way naturally. All we need is a solid foundation and a little infrastructure. After that, we need only wait.