Author Topic: Thoughts on embedding affiliate_id into account registration ?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
So right now we have no real way to do affiliates as far as I remember.  (Please correct me if I am wrong)

So what would happen if the devs added a 2 byte field (65000 different marketers!) to every account registration transaction.  This affiliate_id is part of the json packaged with the executable.  So the executable just reads this value and it is put on the blockchain so it tells us that a certain marketer provided the source of the executable.

It is a scary idea because binaries are just such a bad idea these days. Having multiple sources acceptable is inviting some bad things to happen.  The best we can have the executable hashed.  That doesn't help everyone, but it lets technically proficient people catch malicious wallets.

The upside could be huge.  It opens up a huge vector for growth by affiliate marketers.  The system could be gamed, but the commissions could be paid in parts for a year according to balances.  Oh wait we're using TITAN.  Dammit I really liked this idea..  :(  It seems close to workable............ 

thoughts?  Has this already been suggested previously?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:23:51 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.