Author Topic: VOTE DAC Just Got More Interesting 2.0  (Read 48798 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Bitsharesx is not even close to being a finished or useable product and the core developer focus now goes to a new project?

I think you are a wise man... I also doubt anybody will listen... :(

I think BitSharesX is amazing & looking pretty good especially after the next update where shorts compete on yield. BM has said he thinks this DAC could be as big as BTSX and Stan has said there may be some synergy between the two. Personally I'd probably recommend BM takes a bit of a break because I can't imagine all the work and time he must have put into BTSX in the last few months. However if he's passionate about getting stuck into another project that will probably also benefit BTSX, I say thanks and good luck! :)

But btsx is not useable. There's no mobile wallet, there's no ability to integrate it with a POS system. Shorts paying interest is not going to add any value on its own, it will only make a difference if there is a reason to either buy bitUSD or go long btsx and currently there is no such reason. There must be trade inside the system for it to create any value.

The vote DAC being as big as btsx means nothing, because currently btsx is nothing. It has no actual users, only Chinese speculators and western true believers.

BTSX has the potential to become what everyone has thought bitcoin would become, the system that liberates mankind. But that will only happen if it is made to happen, and currently there are some crucial pieces missing before it will be ready for lift off.

I realize that dan and the team have already done a tremendous lot, but if they finish what they started they will earn the right to rest for the rest of their lives. Right now is really not the time to rest.

Oh yeah, I believe all of those things you mentioned are happening & I presume BM will be as involved as he needs to be. Again as I said in another thread, BM came up with BTSX, he knows how big it can be & he's put loads into it to make it a reality from just an idea. If he's working on something else, I'm sure he's confident he can handle both & that there are reasons for it.

Dan is incredibly smart but that doesn't mean he cannot make mistakes. In this case starting a new project is a huge mistake. Btsx doesn't even have a mobile wallet or the capability for pos integration. Every single cent of the current market cap is entirely speculative, all based on future expectations. There is not a single actual user. If those expectations fail to appear in a reasonable timeframe, the entire market cap will evaporate. If it turns out that the main person behind the entire thing now has his heart set on other things then patience will turn to panic. Btsx will die, and every other bitshares DAC will die alongside it.

Saying "I'm sure [...] there are reasons for it" literally means that you are unable to think of any reasons for it.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Bitsharesx is not even close to being a finished or useable product and the core developer focus now goes to a new project?

I think BitSharesX is amazing & looking pretty good especially after the next update where shorts compete on yield. BM has said he thinks this DAC could be as big as BTSX and Stan has said there may be some synergy between the two. Personally I'd probably recommend BM takes a bit of a break because I can't imagine all the work and time he must have put into BTSX in the last few months. However if he's passionate about getting stuck into another project that will probably also benefit BTSX, I say thanks and good luck! :)

But btsx is not useable. There's no mobile wallet, there's no ability to integrate it with a POS system. Shorts paying interest is not going to add any value on its own, it will only make a difference if there is a reason to either buy bitUSD or go long btsx and currently there is no such reason. There must be trade inside the system for it to create any value.

The vote DAC being as big as btsx means nothing, because currently btsx is nothing. It has no actual users, only Chinese speculators and western true believers.

BTSX has the potential to become what everyone has thought bitcoin would become, the system that liberates mankind. But that will only happen if it is made to happen, and currently there are some crucial pieces missing before it will be ready for lift off.

I realize that dan and the team have already done a tremendous lot, but if they finish what they started they will earn the right to rest for the rest of their lives. Right now is really not the time to rest.

Oh yeah, I believe all of those things you mentioned are happening & I presume BM will be as involved as he needs to be. Again as I said in another thread, BM came up with BTSX, he knows how big it can be & he's put loads into it to make it a reality from just an idea. If he's working on something else, I'm sure he's confident he can handle both & that there are reasons for it.

zerosum

Simply put I do not have enough pluses to state how much I agree with that!

+5% +5% +5%
                     +5% +5% +5%
                                           +5% +5% +5%

PS
And by the way, there is NOTHING, not a single thing!, that can be  AS BIG AS BTSX,  if BTSX reaches its full potential that is...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:51:26 pm by zerosum »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Turing complete? Are you going to use AT scripts from CIYAM or something? (http://ciyam.org/at)
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Rune

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:36:56 pm by Rune »

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Core developer just put on his CEO hat

The thing is, I totally agree with the notion that there should be thousands of DAC's manifesting themselves into our world and transforming all human business, but the key to getting that to happen will be the creation of a huge network that gives bitsharesx, and thus all of bitshares the momentum it needs for these things to get made. A few people cannot create this boundless future of business alone, and unless btsx takes off, there will never be more than a few people working on it (within the bitshares framework anyway).

Right now in these few months, with bitcoin at a yearly low but business interest continuously increasing, we are basically sitting in the perfect storm for propelling a new decentralized network into the spotlight. Before this year is over btsx could be locked in and the future of blockchain tech secured, but only if the developers take the lead and the entire community follows behind them.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

Core developer just put on his CEO hat
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
In general, what point does a DAC concept need to be at to justify a snapshot. e.g. Was the VOTES snapshot taken too early, given the business model is still not known?

zerosum

Offline Rune

• View Profile

zerosum

hmmmmm.....my guess is that it will allow lobbyists to buy bitUSD to pay transaction fees for 'advertisements' - transaction messages sent to DAC voters

Or.....the usage of the term 'turning complete' will cause people to irrationally throw money at it without really knowing what they're getting....

A whole new meaning to 'turning complete'
LOL
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:42:22 pm by zerosum »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
hmmmmm.....my guess is that it will allow lobbyists to buy bitUSD to pay transaction fees for 'advertisements' - transaction messages sent to DAC voters

Or.....the usage of the term 'turning complete' will cause people to irrationally throw money at it without really knowing what they're getting....

Either way, it sounds like exciting stuff

lol @ turing complete's value.

Your first guess sounds solid to me.  You can use keygraph to narrow down demographics etc.  Not just for lobbyists, but for marketers.   

I wonder if the ad money is funneled all to the DAC or to the receiver of the ads?   or both?

Or is your speculation completely off ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Can we use VOTE DAC to vote what to do with PTS? :)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

Either way, it sounds like exciting stuff
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe