Author Topic: Altcoins with no purpose (aka shitcoins) more valuable than BTSX ????  (Read 3477 times)

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey CRAPCOIN, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline CRAPCOIN

• You can never have enough CRAPCOIN!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: crap-coin
I.e. there are probably around a couple hundred crapcoins around -- are you comparing us to an average crapcoin, or only to the best crapcoins?

#sharebits "theoretical" 100 CRAPCOIN

There is but one CRAPCOIN my friend and you are now hodling it in your hand! Welcome to the CRAPCOIN hodlers club!
CRAPCOIN - Buy them on the DEX for .01 BTS each - https://goo.gl/9RNjnE

Offline theoretical

I think there might be some cherry picking effect here.  I.e. there are probably around a couple hundred crapcoins around -- are you comparing us to an average crapcoin, or only to the best crapcoins?

Also keep in mind some of those market caps might be paper numbers only.  Crapcoins can have illiquid markets (so the market cap doesn't accurately reflect real demand), low effective float (due to premining or other manipulation resulting in much of a coin in the hands of a few), or market manipulation (your data may merely be illustrating the pump stage of a pump-and-dump).
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline svk

The market doesn't like something about btsx right now... I'm not sure what it could be, but the price isn't following all the cheerleading.  When price goes down after all this seemingly good news, it's time to be very cautious.

The original rally was caused by the share buy-back and there was nothing substantial behind it. Its naturally correcting itself. Im buying BitUSD, as soon as my client finishes syncing.

Wrong.

Was the assumption, that the share buy-back caused the rally, wrong ? Or you mean it's wrong to buy bitUSD now? (our better to say wrong to sell btsx on these prices now?)
Or both are wrong?  :)
The share buyback part. He already addressed it in a different thread, saying they were responsible for less than 5% of the volume during the rise so it wasn't them causing it.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

The market doesn't like something about btsx right now... I'm not sure what it could be, but the price isn't following all the cheerleading.  When price goes down after all this seemingly good news, it's time to be very cautious.

The original rally was caused by the share buy-back and there was nothing substantial behind it. Its naturally correcting itself. Im buying BitUSD, as soon as my client finishes syncing.

Wrong.

Was the assumption, that the share buy-back caused the rally, wrong ? Or you mean it's wrong to buy bitUSD now? (our better to say wrong to sell btsx on these prices now?)
Or both are wrong?  :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Wrong.

It is indeed wrong that the rally was due to a buy-back, imo. And now the market is reassessing the new information. What it thinks of it is not surprising, not the slightest to me at least. And the trend will continue unless the parties that have more information and because of that do believe the news were positive start putting their money in. Apparently they have not done this yet.  As for the rest of us it was not a good news day, to say the least. Same parties can also try convincing the market itself, but at least as of yesterday they find not doing so to be the better way -Which may or not be right thing to do, depending on what the whole plan holds.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bytemaster

Wrong. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
IMHO people hoped for a pump after vegas .. which did not happen ..

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Look the marketcap of the coins (1-5 millions)*
It is easier for a low cap shitcoin to make big % moves...
Imagine you have your personal coin with a market cap of  1$ dollar...
Would you compared it with bitsharesx if your would go to a $5 dollar market cap for a +500% price increase ?  :P

* BitSharesX is @ $50 millions...

chryspano

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
It is really outrageous to see how other altcoins or cryptocurrencies are outperforming BTSX . Samples are cannabiscoins and uro .  >:(