Author Topic: Proposal to Resolve a Million Issues at Once  (Read 108760 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
And my confidence is fully restored!

Me too. :)

I was reading the VOTE thread and freaking out.  It seemed like the devs were focusing all their time on something that would end up competing with BTSX and that I couldnt buy right now (snapshot passed and not yet tradable!). 

Lets bring everyone together into our flagshit product, and focus on making it big first.  Make sure everyone in our community has a stake in the same project and are working together on it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I'm utterly speechless.

Just remember those that scream the loudest....

Well they scream the loudest.

I will definitely be divesting.  Where previously there was limited diversification now there will be near 0. 

I think you'd kill the social contract, although DAC developers could continue to use it I suppose.  Those who care get their stakes, those who don't keep their wallet oh well.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

This is the one Darwinian competitor that beats both BTSX and VOTE:  BTS

Congratulations everyone.  Nice work.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Focus our effort on dominating one area first, then once we are doing well, spread out to the others. 
Like google first dominated search, built a revenue base, and then branched out.

Exactly... but I cannot do this if there are people waiting for a return on their PTS / AGS.... thus the need to change things for everyones benefit.

Yes, give everyone a piece of Bitshares so that we are all united.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
And my confidence is fully restored!

Offline bytemaster

Focus our effort on dominating one area first, then once we are doing well, spread out to the others. 
Like google first dominated search, built a revenue base, and then branched out.

Exactly... but I cannot do this if there are people waiting for a return on their PTS / AGS.... thus the need to change things for everyones benefit.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Drop all other BitShares brands.... rename BitShares X to just BitShares

YES! Lets do it! 

Right now we have too many moving parts.  Too much confusion for new people.
Too many different projects pulling everyone in all directions.

Offline bytemaster

There are many problems we need to resolve as a community:

1) We don't want to compete with ourselves and divide our network effect.
2) We don't want to confuse users with a million brands.
3) We want to have 1 BitUSD for everything rather than many different BitUSDs
4) We need to recognize those who have helped fund development after Feb 28th so they don't compete with us.
5) I don't want to have divided loyalties... I cannot serve two masters.
6) We need to provide for long term funding and growth.
7) We need to resolve the consensus problem once and for all.

As a community effort we are stronger if we can agree on changes using proof of stake and we should agree once and for all that the majority will rule here.   Those that want a stable money will use BitGold or BitSilver because those are not subject to change, only supply and demand.    If you cannot trust the community of stakeholders to act wisely then create a rigid system with no rule changes and attempt to compete.

My Proposal:

1) Drop all other BitShares brands.... rename BitShares X to just BitShares
2) End PTS...  BitShares will evolve to incorporate every possible feature that stakeholders vote on.
3) If there is a clone then it should start out with stakeholders it thinks are best... because BitShares holders are uniting.
4) Add stake holder approved dilution without limit to BitShares X.
5) Bring in all AGS holders and given them a stake in BitShares X that cannot be moved for 6 months... the ratio that this stake should be given should be equal to PTS market cap... so $5 million or 10% dilution of BTSX allocated to these individuals.    This is effectively BTSX buying out our competition. 
6) Bring in one last PTS snapshot also valued at $5 million for another 10% dilution of BTSX... 6 months until funds could be spent... buy out this competition and end PTS.
7) Our team will focus on no other DACs other than BitShares in general and work to make it the most robust and *FLEXIBLE* DAC out there. 

There will still be other DACs based upon our toolkit  (Music, Gaming, DNS, etc) but those clones will not be dividing my loyalty because they have their own teams and are already known and operating independently of us.  Those who have joined those DACs can attempt to grow them how they see fit and BitShares will be competing with them where we can.

Our goal will be to scale BitShares to handle the transaction volume and users... to solve the scaling problem while still remaining decentralized and allowing 0 barriers to entry for competition except our network effect.

At the risk of calling BitShares one DAC to rule them all... I think we can worry about that after we have achieved critical mass, until then someone else may come along and build one DAC to rule them all and we don't want them to get there if we can get there first.

Once again... just proposals... everything will be thought out and community input is valued.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.