Author Topic: will there still be mkting push?  (Read 3511 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Hence the need for BitUSD...  BitUSD makes BitPay unnecessary and allows merchants to accept payments directly.

I would argue that's fairly idealistic in the near future. I like the vision, but would prefer a bridge. Payment processors are a great way to bridge this great technology to those that aren't willing to go hard core.  With a payment processor, the merchant can decide which part of the transaction they get paid in fiat and what part is paid in crypto.  Look at the Shopify announcement by GoCoin, 10s of thousands of businesses are able to accept payment with little work. Now when you approach businesses about BitUSD, you can inform them that it's already being accepted by thousands of businesses.  It's a jump start, not a final destination.

I recommend looking at this response from Gamey:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10736.msg141229#msg141229

There's only so much development time and marketing capital.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:52:00 am by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Hence the need for BitUSD...  BitUSD makes BitPay unnecessary and allows merchants to accept payments directly.

Is (or Will there be) a simple way for merchants to plug into BitUSD? Is some secure checkout API going to exist? Or do we wait for a third party to create one?

While actual usage would be great, I think the best place to start is just letting people know we exist in the first place. I watched a piece on the Today show(don't judge me, I just happened to be in the room) and they did this whole segment on apple pay and http://www.mcx.com/.Mcx's app is currently invite only. I can't help but feel like their is alot of hype that is being naturally created right now that we could have piggy backed on. 

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Understandable. You guys are busy with the right stuff. Ahem...any third parties interested in doing this?

Offline bytemaster

Is (or Will there be) a simple way for merchants to plug into BitUSD? Is some secure checkout API going to exist? Or do we wait for a third party to create one?

We only have so much we can do at a time... once everything else is done it is on the TODO list... but would get done faster if a 3rd party figured it out.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
The plan now (as it's in MAJOR transition) is to complete the rebranding and simplification of BitShares as outlined by bytemaster in his post "Proposal to Resolve a Million Issues at Once," along with the GUI redesign, and marketing campaign - all at the same time.   So the dev, marketing, and GUI/web development teams are planning to complete these projects on the same timeframe, all by the end of the year.  B

Brian,

Has the recent developments by FINCEN in classifying payment exchanges (.eg Coinbase & Bitpay) as Money transmitters affected any forthcoming relationships with your "onramps and offramps"?

http://www.coindesk.com/fincen-rules-bitcoin-payment-processors-exchanges-money-transmitters/

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
The plan now (as it's in MAJOR transition) is to complete the rebranding and simplification of BitShares as outlined by bytemaster in his post "Proposal to Resolve a Million Issues at Once," along with the GUI redesign, and marketing campaign - all at the same time.   So the dev, marketing, and GUI/web development teams are planning to complete these projects on the same timeframe, all by the end of the year.  B

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
due the new proposals also the GUI 2.0 have to get adjusted etc... FYI ... we're talking about possibilites currently ...

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Yes, things are on track and moving forward. We're coordinating our plan with the release of the new GUI, so there are a lot of moving parts to align.  b

I bet you are excited about the proposal to consolidate everything under the Bitshares brand name!  It was tough enough trying to explain to someone that understands Bitcoin the relationship between Bitshares, BTSX, BitUSD, Vote, DNS, DACs etc... I couldn't even wrap my head around the challenges your team faced. With the consolidation proposal, branding should be so much easier. Very exciting!
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Yes, things are on track and moving forward. We're coordinating our plan with the release of the new GUI, so there are a lot of moving parts to align.  b

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The marketing push will come once the product is ready. This final crisis signals the end of a phase where the community still hadn't fully decided what bitshares would end up becoming. It is now clear what bitshares will be, and I imagine that "launch pad" preparations for the marketing push will be made over october and november, with the push beginning maybe in December.

Tbh I do think we, as a community, should demand greater transparency regarding the marketing push. At least shareholders ought to now how many guys are currently hired, and what their salaries are.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Of course there will, that's not what's being discussed.  The proposal of uniting Bitshares could make the marketing much more effective.  Exciting to see how it plays out :D   

Offline bodenliu

• View Profile
what is being discussed on the forum in fact caused some panic sell, and the price is being droping and droping day by day

will the proposals and changes affect on mkting? how is going with the mkting plan? i know brian and team has being worked hard to prepare but we really need to see some push to gain confidence, especially at this moment...