Author Topic: The community urgently need reassurance and clarification from BM  (Read 7686 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
clarification: the 'announcement' was a PROPOSAL!

nothing has been decided ..
nothing has been implemented
nothing will happen 'soonish'

act accordingly ..

Markets dont think this way. For the people who fear inflation or DAC consolidation the mere open discussion of the idea is enough to send them running. Even if it was retracted those investors will not return.

Which is as it should be.  99% of our investors a year from now haven't even heard of us yet.  :)

I agree, but i think it is absolutely crucial to present a strong message of reassurance to those of us who remain. Short term panic and uncertainty can have tremendous consequences in the long run and i really dont think it is wise for BM to not be present on the forums during this market crisis. I realize that he didnt anticipate such a volatile reaction so he probably hasnt got a full proposal/plan ready yet, but I would really love to see a sort of "official statement to investors" that can reassure everyone that you guys know what you are doing and that anyone who trusts your judgement should have no reason to panic.

Perhaps now would also be a good time to reveal some new info about thw coming marketing push and other information that will help calm and reassure investors.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I agree. This is a perfect opportunity for us to divest of the stakeholders who take a hard line on no diluton and are thus anchoring us down to the earth as the rest of us attempt to rocket to the moon.

If the hard-liners want the no-dilution model they can always fork BTSX and attempt to support the fork themselves. But I will bring up my trillion dollar question as a response to such a strategy:
So here's the trillion dollar question: if Dan and I3 support BTSXDilution and reject providing any additional support to BTSXnodilution other than "our code is on GitHub," what would you do then?

What would I do? Stick with I3. And buy more.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

act accordingly ..

Markets dont think this way. For the people who fear inflation or DAC consolidation the mere open discussion of the idea is enough to send them running. Even if it was retracted those investors will not return.

Which is as it should be.  99% of our investors a year from now haven't even heard of us yet.  :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I agree. This is a perfect opportunity for us to divest of the stakeholders who take a hard line on no diluton and are thus anchoring us down to the earth as the rest of us attempt to rocket to the moon.

If the hard-liners want the no-dilution model they can always fork BTSX and attempt to support the fork themselves. But I will bring up my trillion dollar question as a response to such a strategy:
So here's the trillion dollar question: if Dan and I3 support BTSXDilution and reject providing any additional support to BTSXnodilution other than "our code is on GitHub," what would you do then?

Survival of the fittest applies to investors too.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
We are not talking a "regular" investment/market .. are we?

If they have fear .. let them sell ..
I am in for the bigger picture ... not the quick buck ..

Offline Rune

• View Profile

act accordingly ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

act accordingly ..

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The damage from the inflation proposal has been massive, despite it being an overall extremely positive development. Far worse is the damage from the extreme uncertainty that is now going through the community. Noone has any idea what is actually going to and if inflation will or will not be implemented.

I dont think there is any going back on the singular bitshare DAC proposal. Even if everything was retracted, the damage to BTSX would already be done, seen from the perspective of the people who fear inflation.

What is now needed is reassurance that the PTS/AGS consolidation will be fair, and that the advantage from implementing inflation and all profitable DAC features into the singular blockchain will be positive in the long term.

Investors are in panic mode, the faster we get reassurance the better, every second of uncertainty hurts.