Author Topic: protoshares  (Read 1058 times)

merockstar

can someone please enlighten me on what I should do with an older Protoshares coin in the orginal wallet?

I believe there were a few snap shots and I am unsure if this block chain is still active .

do they need to be,.. or can they be transferred into the bitshares X platform web wallet?

please direct me to a link or some information source on what needs to be done if anything .. thank you in advance

RD

protoshares was rebranded Bitshares-PTS. the current protoshare client goes by that name (be very careful searching for it there is malware out there)

you can send use your old wallet.dat in one of those clients. you have shares in everything if you invested before feb 27th, youll have shares in everything nov. 5th if you bought them after 2/27
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:43:33 am by merockstar »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
if you had you pts pre 28 of february you can get you BTSX stake as described here:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares-x-how-to#Attempting_a_wallet_import_to_receive_BTSX_from_February_28th_snapshot

you are also eligible for
- LottoShares (failed recently-no more developed)
- DNS (will be ended 5.Nov but you you will receive an additional airdrop in BTS(X) insteadl) ..
- VOTE
- MUSIC

all of these require you to have the "wallet.dat" file together with the corresponding passphrase ... keep those as secure as possible!!
you can import them as described in the link above!

Offline ThinkTank

• View Profile
can someone please enlighten me on what I should do with an older Protoshares coin in the orginal wallet?

I believe there were a few snap shots and I am unsure if this block chain is still active .

do they need to be,.. or can they be transferred into the bitshares X platform web wallet?

please direct me to a link or some information source on what needs to be done if anything .. thank you in advance

RD