Author Topic: Consensus reached on Mumble session regarding BM's "Fix-all" proposal  (Read 18737 times)

Offline fuzzy

Thank you for the recorded mumble session.   The board meeting open to us to hear what is going on only shows how sophisticated and progressive the team and I3 is.   Bitshares is one of the best investments I've made in crypto and I am happy to say keeping the faith in this project has proved rewarding and shall continue to forward on from here. 

I have stake in BTSX as well as BTC.

Regards,

You are welcome mbaeichapareiko, and I am certain I speak for bytemaster, too...who had to forego spending time with his children today due to the emergent nature of this meeting.  Unfortunately it was not able to be held for 24 hours straight or we would have had maximum participation.  Fortunately, though, level headed individuals like yourself understood that it was just bad luck you were not around during the time it occurred and are thankful that it occurred at all.  Fortunately (again), it was also recorded and minimally edited to ensure no secrets were left to "insiders" who could have used this as an opportunity to potentially make a good bit of cash off of panic sellers. 

Isn't it AWESOME to have legit devs (we can't forget the masterful toast to whom we owe a great deal for his recent advances, hackfisher, cob and team, and lets not forget Adam Ernest--followmyvote) and volunteers who actually care about the project and protecting YOU as opposed to most of the scams out there? 

Not sure about you, but I think wall street could use a few more people like all of them. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Wow. I am sure glad all 23 of you came to a consensus for the rest of the community.

How about a detailed plot of what is to happen regarding share stake percentages in already snapshot DAC's, how the new DAC's will fit into the ecosystem, what do AGS get, what do PTS get, how will dilution be voted on(since I3 controls a majority stake) and what circumstance will allow dilution, are the other Devs (Toast, Vikram etc.) on board.......

Numbers matter more than hopeful thoughts.

Numbers talk would be the next logical step. The first being a discussion of the idea and walk through the pros and cons (that's what everyone is trying to do now).

It would be nice to for the rest of the devs to state their opinion, thoughtful discussion is how a consensus's should be reached.

The title may be a little off but it was made with good intentions.

I would like to consider myself not punch drunk on bitshares cool-aid but the guys made some compelling points I had not considered.Give it a listen and you will come to the same conclusion that the rest of us did in all likely hood. From their it's just a matter of, how much.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Proposed listen for all not online and/or not at this forum at that moment... bump.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
Thank you for the recorded mumble session.   The board meeting open to us to hear what is going on only shows how sophisticated and progressive the team and I3 is.   Bitshares is one of the best investments I've made in crypto and I am happy to say keeping the faith in this project has proved rewarding and shall continue to forward on from here. 

I have stake in BTSX as well as BTC.

Regards,

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Going to hear when I get off work. Quick question - what was the answer to the problems of one chain that BM had mentioned earlier (when Ethereum was the all the talk)?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10148.msg133033#msg133033
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline onceuponatime

Going to hear when I get off work. Quick question - what was the answer to the problems of one chain that BM had mentioned earlier (when Ethereum was the all the talk)?

If I understood correctly, it is that DACS can be spun off after critical mass is attained (which wouldn't be for quite a while.

sumantso

Offline fuzzy

Wow. I am sure glad all 23 of you came to a consensus for the rest of the community.

How about a detailed plot of what is to happen regarding share stake percentages in already snapshot DAC's, how the new DAC's will fit into the ecosystem, what do AGS get, what do PTS get, how will dilution be voted on(since I3 controls a majority stake) and what circumstance will allow dilution, are the other Devs (Toast, Vikram etc.) on board.......

Sorry, in hindsight the title of this post isn't that great. The point is that we all went into it with bad feelings about the whole thing, many people were completely against the proposal and completely against any share dilution. We were as scared/confused/panicky as this entire forum was for the entire day. And then BM basically explained everything clearly and consicely and we ended up all changing our minds. 23 negative skeptics went in to the mumble server, when we were done not a SINGLE person felt negative about it at all, and many of us were talking afterwards about how exciting it is.

If you're a scared or confused investor who don't know what to make of all this, I HIGHLY recommend listening to the mumble recording. I think all your concerns will be met, and you will be satisfied.

that can be changed.  just recognize newmine is here with "mine" in his name.  he is obviously showing a pow bias before he even speaks.    those who wanted to attend, attended.  to act like it was a net negative...is kind of insane.  just look at the charts before, during and after the speech.

He's obviously interested enough in DPOS to make an account and post on this forum. Yeah, I guess there's a chance he's an evil PoW shill coming to spread FUD, but even with that possibility the best strategy is always to be polite to anyone here, especially newcomers. There is really no point to scare anyone off - if someone is a troll or a spammer it should be handled through the standard channels of forum moderation. Sorry for the rant I'm just tired of the tribal attitude that is growing on this forum, I think it hurts adoption.

I agree and I am partly to blame.  I changed my post before you posted because i'm actively trying to chill out when people make posts that frustrate me.  Never have been one with anger issues, but it gets frustrating to see some of the most honest people i've ever met getting attacked. 

From now on, I hope he will do his best to be respectful as well.  It goes two ways....

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Sorry, in hindsight the title of this post isn't that great. The point is that we all went into it with bad feelings about the whole thing, many people were completely against the proposal and completely against any share dilution. We were as scared/confused/panicky as this entire forum was for the entire day. And then BM basically explained everything clearly and consicely and we ended up all changing our minds. 23 negative skeptics went in to the mumble server, when we were done not a SINGLE person felt negative about it at all, and many of us were talking afterwards about how exciting it is.

If you're a scared or confused investor who don't know what to make of all this, I HIGHLY recommend listening to the mumble recording. I think all your concerns will be met, and you will be satisfied.

that can be changed.  just recognize newmine is here with "mine" in his name.  he is obviously showing a pow bias before he even speaks.    those who wanted to attend, attended.  to act like it was a net negative...is kind of insane.  just look at the charts before, during and after the speech.

It can also mean 'a form of the possessive case of I used as a predicate adjective'/'something that belongs to me'

I have always wondered how he meant it...
I have always been curious what new stuff becomes his everyday....

Offline Rune

• View Profile

He's obviously interested enough in DPOS to make an account and post on this forum. Yeah, I guess there's a chance he's an evil PoW shill coming to spread FUD, but even with that possibility the best strategy is always to be polite to anyone here, especially newcomers. There is really no point to scare anyone off - if someone is a troll or a spammer it should be handled through the standard channels of forum moderation. Sorry for the rant I'm just tired of the tribal attitude that is growing on this forum, I think it hurts adoption.

Offline fuzzy

Just listen to it... nobody came to any decision/consensus. We just thought that another way of communicating (the usual way for humans to communicate, btw - by talking to each other), helped stuff get cleared to a lot of us.

exactly tonyk.  I hope this helps you newmine and I look forward to your continued participation. 

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

Just listen to it... nobody came to any decision/consensus. We just thought that another way of communicating (the usual way for humans to communicate, btw - by talking to each other), helped stuffed get cleared to a lot of us.

Just listened.

1) More shareholder meetings via mumble -> Good idea
2) Building a feature rich DAC will give us more to market to the masses in one campaign
3) A single DAC to spend marketing dollars on will be more effective
4)  The company metaphor is becoming stronger all the time -> BTS shareholders will eventually vote on spin-offs, etc.

All in all, this feels like a huge win for BTS upside

We'll be thru this PR mess shortly enough

+5%
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Just listen to it... nobody came to any decision/consensus. We just thought that another way of communicating (the usual way for humans to communicate, btw - by talking to each other), helped stuff get cleared to a lot of us.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:02:01 am by tonyk »

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

We didn't "decide" anything.. were merely agreed that the direction was worth pursuing further...
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.