Author Topic: Should we continue to funding mining of PTS?  (Read 38055 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
We need to focus and wrap up this discussion. Let's start organizing!

My call to action for PTS/AGS

Agreed lets get this done and move forward. 

Offline roadscape

We need to focus and wrap up this discussion. Let's start organizing!

My call to action for PTS/AGS
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
PTS must remain liquid and AGS must remain illiquid in order to honor the original agreement with investors of AGS/PTS. Anything else would be unfair and would result in a further loss of faith in the Bitshares ecosystem. Cross-post from the other thread:

AGS received a much larger allocation of DACs per dollar invested precisely because they are "locked" into the Bitshares ecosystem. Making them liquid after the fact is unfair. It essentially gives AGS holders all of the benefits of PTS without any of the downside. Here is the "company" analogy we like to use so much:

The Bitshares Corporation gives investors a choice between buying one of two corporate bonds, A and B. Bond A is perpetual and bond B is convertible. For this reason, A has a much higher yield than B. After the bonds are issued, the company turns around and says "just kidding," A is now also a convertible bond, though it keeps the higher yield. Just something to think about.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
PTS is going to DIE?
Yes .. and no ..

mining: will die definitely
the asset itself: will continue living on .. either as a part (sharedrop) in BTS or as an asset on the market ..
pts will not be worthless .. but if you lost faith in it .. I'll be happy to take them .. you can send them to the address in my signature :)

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline davidpbrown

even discussing about this topic is hurting the BTS ecosystem, I3 is loosing its credibility and fragmenting its support by ever changing rules and social contracts   :(
In fact they are opening a DISCUSSION .. not changing the rules ... if you are yet unaware of this .. re-read the OP!

That's all very well but it's creating anxiety in an illiquid market. Not everyone has time to consider market trivia in detail, they react to what they see; that's how markets work, it's a broad spread of reactions and opinion.

For example, one element of this proposal up for discussion looked to be a date of 5th Nov.. and suggesting that before gauging reactions, has not helped. Is that date still being considered?.. History will not care when whatever change is made does happen.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
even discussing about this topic is hurting the BTS ecosystem, I3 is loosing its credibility and fragmenting its support by ever changing rules and social contracts   :(
In fact they are opening a DISCUSSION .. not changing the rules ... if you are yet unaware of this .. re-read the OP!

Offline Kenof

• View Profile
Making life easier.

Offline fuzzy

You're out.  Time for another batter.  Man up and admit that you failed.

Just be glad that your nearest competitor to BitUSD did not simply fork DPOS BTSX, and slap the functionality of BitDNS/Music/Vote right into it and re-brand it PeerSharesUSD.  Just breathe a sigh of relief and re-group for your second shot.  Yes, you got lucky and still get a second chance to re-launch/brand (whatever you vote to do) your ecosystem.  How many second chances do you normally get in life?

You have access to BitDNS/Music/Vote functionality?  You should PM BM and start working on negotiations as you are obviously far far far ahead of I3.

.....  You can get a lot of second chances in life.. it depends on how bad you fucked up the previous chance !

obviously "stanquixote" has chosen to give himself a second chance as he has found a way to make a newbie account to post this--as opposed to the account from which opinions would likely be ignored due to ill will created in the community from the past. 

Speaking of which..  grow a pair and let us know what your real account is (this will not happen because he does not have a pair)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:57:55 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I don't know where this idea that BTSX delegates are unprofitable came from, but I've seen it in other threads as well. That's just completely false unless you're paying for an extremely expensive VPS that's completely unnecessary. You can run a delegate on 10$ a month in VPS costs if you want, and make over 100$ per month in fees, that's a far way from being unprofitable..
*confirmed*
cost: 130$ A YEAR
income .. 100$+ a month!

Offline svk

I don't know where this idea that BTSX delegates are unprofitable came from, but I've seen it in other threads as well. That's just completely false unless you're paying for an extremely expensive VPS that's completely unnecessary. You can run a delegate on 10$ a month in VPS costs if you want, and make over 100$ per month in fees, that's a far way from being unprofitable..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline gamey

• View Profile
You're out.  Time for another batter.  Man up and admit that you failed.

Just be glad that your nearest competitor to BitUSD did not simply fork DPOS BTSX, and slap the functionality of BitDNS/Music/Vote right into it and re-brand it PeerSharesUSD.  Just breathe a sigh of relief and re-group for your second shot.  Yes, you got lucky and still get a second chance to re-launch/brand (whatever you vote to do) your ecosystem.  How many second chances do you normally get in life?

You have access to BitDNS/Music/Vote functionality?  You should PM BM and start working on negotiations as you are obviously far far far ahead of I3.

.....  You can get a lot of second chances in life.. it depends on how bad you fucked up the previous chance !
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
With new proposal to move everyone to BTSX the market cap of PTS would be added to BTSX...  may be the best option out there.
+5%  add pts to btsx... best idea so far.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

sumantso

With new proposal to move everyone to BTSX the market cap of PTS would be added to BTSX...  may be the best option out there.

are we certain that marketcap would go to btsx?

If not it is potentially a move that loses the marketcap of PTS and also the second token bitshares has in the top ten on coinmarketcap.  Most people will wonder what happened to PTS and many of them (since many do not know much about bitshares) might consider this single event as a negative indicator for btsx.

I think PTS should remain, in a different form maybe. A DPoS+TITAN coin should generate a lot of interest and increase the market cap. It will end up putting more money in I3 as they hold a ton of PTS.

I see the marketcaps of the coins in circulation, and its surprising how high they are considering the limited innovations (if any) in them. If they want they can actually turn PTS+AGS into Bitshares Me (or whatever new name), and it would be like a NXT competitor with the ability to get stakes in future DACs.

Inflating BTSX to try and get funds is the wrong way, IMO. I think the effort should be made to generate fund by increasing the value.

Offline fuzzy

are we certain that marketcap would go to btsx?

If not it is potentially a move that loses the marketcap of PTS and also the second token bitshares has in the top ten on coinmarketcap.  Most people will wonder what happened to PTS and many of them (since many do not know much about bitshares) might consider this single event as a negative indicator for btsx. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D