Author Topic: Adding the BeyondBitcoin IRC/Mumble Chat on top of the forum  (Read 3353 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

Why is there a link to the Bitshares X Testnet under the News at top right of forum, link redirects to the BitShares X forum.

Offline bitsapphire

Mumble kinda is like irc with the option of voice. Oh if you are looking into linking the mumble chat with irc that is trivial with this bot.

Thanks for the mumble-irc chat bridge link. Definitely going to look into this.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline JoeyD

IRC will definitely get a more prominent place on the forum. We are looking into how to do something useful with Mumble. If the sessions happened on Google hangouts we could display the youtube live feed on top every time they happen.

Looking into also linking youtube and skype, but those work more like radio shows, not like irc and need a lot more preparation and coordination. At least I don't know how to have a 24/7 youtube session running that is free for people to join and leave as they see fit.

Mumble kinda is like irc with the option of voice. Oh if you are looking into linking the mumble chat with irc that is trivial with this bot.

EDIT
Another problem with live youtube shows is getting people willing to do the show in the first place, just trying to get people to use their microphones is not easy, getting them to use their webcams would be a lot harder. Add to that the fact that there is no regular cast with people with 100% attendance for the hangouts, so who is going to host them? I'm willing to host the streams when I'm around for the hangouts, but I have missed quite a few of them, or was afk.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:52:37 pm by JoeyD »

Offline bitsapphire

IRC will definitely get a more prominent place on the forum. We are looking into how to do something useful with Mumble. If the sessions happened on Google hangouts we could display the youtube live feed on top every time they happen.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline JoeyD

At the very least it would help if the irc-chat gets a more prominent presence, because currently nobody even realizes it's there.

Oh and setting up a mumble bot to interact with the website irc is pretty easy to do, takes only a couple of minutes, most of them for manually typing in the login-settings in the config file.

Offline JA

• View Profile
lol the funny thing is

right now me and data are talking about this topic in the mumble chat

so this shows crearly that this feature is very useful  8)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Sounds great to me.. don't know if top would work as well as maybe sidebar?

My two cents.. but overall.. being able to have instant interaction would be worthwhile I think.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline JA

• View Profile
Wouldn't it be nice to have the Mumble Chat displayed on top on the Forum site ?

JoeyD has set up a IRC Channel that can retrieve and send message from an to the beyond bitcoin chat.

And with the KiwiIRC iframe it's very easy to implement it almost everywhere.

I placed it on the Beyondbitcoinx.net site on the Mulmble page --> http://beyondbitcoinx.net/mumble/ (scroll down)

Thoughts ?

EDIT:Actually it's not a good idea to place it on top of the forum because it has to reconnect every reload.
So it has to be placed on a seperate page. (But it has to be highlighted so people can actually see it....not like the standard forum chat  :P)
But i still like the idea to give people easy access to the Mumble/irc discussions.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:29:18 pm by jabbajabba »