Author Topic: Do we own bitshares.com?  (Read 5761 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
No one cares about Bitshares.com though. There is no need for Bitshares.com when we have a distributive DNS system that will most certainly replace the status quo.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile
Correct, "we" don't. I do, however 8)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Actually, BitShares.com would not be able to be seized because of the 2003 registration date.

By the way, I'm liking this new rebranding thing that's been going on :)

So does this mean we don't own the domain?

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile
Actually, BitShares.com would not be able to be seized because of the 2003 registration date.

By the way, I'm liking this new rebranding thing that's been going on :)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Actually the bitshares trademark was rejected outright for everyone forever says Dan

So I guess if they try to pull any shit then they can just incur the wrath of anonymous cryptonerds which is quite scary IMO
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I totally understand how this all makes sense from a strategic and business perspective, but it is kind of ironic, no? Considering the philosophy behind .p2p and all. I just find that amusing.
you need to link to the old/classical world to build a bridge to the new bright future :)

Yeah, yeah I know. You gotta work within the system to change it. Still thought it was worth pointing it out.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I totally understand how this all makes sense from a strategic and business perspective, but it is kind of ironic, no? Considering the philosophy behind .p2p and all. I just find that amusing.
you need to link to the old/classical world to build a bridge to the new bright future :)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
AFAIK invictus owns the BitShares trademark so you could pursue traditional means of getting it back when it matters

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
yhea .. but bitshare.com (without s) .. is a different story... unfortunatelly

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
AFAIK invictus owns the BitShares trademark so you could pursue traditional means of getting it back when it matters
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Was just thinking about the bitcoin.com fiasco, and wondering if the same thing will happen to us.