Author Topic: Summary of recent events / merger proposal  (Read 17996 times)

Offline neoranga

• View Profile
It's a pity I didn't receive any newsletter about such an important event, does anybody know if there is any weekly or biweekly newsletter about BitShares?
there's only a very irregular newsletter released by I3/BitShares/Stan
:-[
I imagine that newsletter is not the same as the one in dacsunlimited.com ?

Newsletters are hard to write during periods when we have a high rate of evolution.
As soon as we have converged onto a final consensus about the "merger", then we can write it up for everyone.  (We now have the additional requirement that all such communications get triply vetted by experienced PR experts before they are released.)
I totally understand that writing newsletters during hectic development is difficult but I also think that communication is very important and the forums is not a good news channel as there is too much information to be processed as a weekly or monthly source of news on Bitshares.
Maybe twitter is a better source for news without waiting for a curated PR release.
I will try with twitter.com/bitshareshub and twitter.com/_bitshares

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
It's a pity I didn't receive any newsletter about such an important event, does anybody know if there is any weekly or biweekly newsletter about BitShares?

Newsletters are hard to write during periods when we have a high rate of evolution.
As soon as we have converged onto a final consensus about the "merger", then we can write it up for everyone.  (We now have the additional requirement that all such communications get triply vetted by experienced PR experts before they are released.)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline neoranga

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline neoranga

• View Profile
Thanks a lot for this post, I completely missed the discussion and even the vote.

Offline Pairmike

Upon hearing of the proposed merger and viewing the drastic fall of DNS, I sold my DNS holdings and purchased BTSX.   I donated prior to the Feb 28 snapshot and again before the AGS donations ended.  To date, I only own BTSX.  Having said that, is there anything for me to do prior to the Nov 5 snapshot?   I want make sure I don't overlook anything.   Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Also, I really appreciated the summary.  It was insightful.   +5%
https://Steemit.com | The Social Media Network that Pays

Offline bytemaster

So this is all very confusing to me.  Will it be more beneficial for me to hold PTS or to convert it all into BitsharesX based on this allocation?   I don't have a ton of PTS so I am not too worried about it but I don't fully understand how this allocation is going to pan out.

Depends upon your time horizon.. holding your PTS will give you 10% more in 2 years than you would get by selling and converting to BTSX now.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mfajma

• View Profile
So this is all very confusing to me.  Will it be more beneficial for me to hold PTS or to convert it all into BitsharesX based on this allocation?   I don't have a ton of PTS so I am not too worried about it but I don't fully understand how this allocation is going to pan out.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
i think  can call it  Bitshares IOS  ?
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
so if I got that right everything will be bundled together BTSX, PTS, AGS and whatnot and the new name will be BTS?

sounds like a plan, if I don't lose anything :)

Offline onceuponatime

Looks like we will soon be chipping away at that sell wall  ;D

Offline House

• CEO BTCOR Group
    • View Profile
    • BTCOR
  • BitShares: house-ceo
Someone is dumping 50 BTC worth of BTSX on BTER at 0.00006750 ::) That's quite a serious response to what I thought was a relatively amicable last few days.

Is there an update in this labyrinth of comunique that I have not found as yet?

KUDOS to you big brainers. Although i'm not 100% happy with my losses and events do not favour my holding patterns, your integrity is intact from my perspective  +5%

Xeldal

10% for AGS and 10% for PTS ?

Don't you remember what happened when COB wanted to give us 10% for bitshares-music?
The majority was not satisfied and guess what? It changed to 35% each...

How much % gave  freetrade for lotto shares? (doesn't matter it was not successful)

How much for DNS?

So why are you all happy right now with 10% ????
Not to mention that the $5 milion marketcap of PTS don't reflects the real value of AGS/PTS in my opinion ...
as I explained here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10181.msg134374#msg134374

PS I am positive for the merge to happen but I think right now it's not fair for both PTS and AGS holders/donators... Maybe and I hope I am wrong...
      After all 10% was the minimum, why not get with the maximum % or at least with a percenatge between... I thought bytemaster would suggest to give the max support to AGS/PTS holders/donators since he is the only one (maybe) that knows exactly how important it was to get a dream to a reality because of the early supporters.

I don't think the 10/10 AGS/PTS social contract applies here.

BTS isn't a new dac.  Its an existing fairly successful dac absorbing lesser unproven/nonexistent dacs.

For example, If i release a dac and honored 35%/35% to AGS/PTS  and that dac does nothing and has little to no value compared to BTS.  If BTS absorbs my new dac I would not expect to get 35% of BTS.  Even 10% would be way too much.  I am not entitled to anything from BTS via social contract.  Shares in BTS are being gifted to replace the value I got from the 35/35 distribution to my lesser dac. 

The percentage for absorption only relates to the relative value against BTS and has nothing to do with a social contract.  Regardless of the percentage for absorption every member of the absorbed dac retains there relative socially contracted percentage of the absorbed value.

So for absorbed dacs we should not be talking about the social contract because it was already applied.  The argument should be about what is the relative value against BTS.

For AGS and PTS absorption, it's a different question.  But again, I believe  the social contract does not apply.  It's a matter of relative value.

Offline davidpbrown

Someone has to make that value judgement.
Who is more qualified?

:)

Obviously the devs are most qualified to know what is best for development of BitShares but the way this has been presented is not short and sharp and necessary. What has been presented looks too arbitrary.

If there is a key development that evidences that putting BTSX; KeyID/DNS; Vote etc together will be a big win and you don't want to disclose that for good reason, then simply suggest that the core devs agree to this and advise everyone that this is necessary.

A simple "Trust us" request would be less contentious that what is occuring. Right now there is too much confusion about the reasoning behind this and each of the elements of what is proposed. If it is well reasoned, then simply suggest that and have the devs confirm their signup to it. Ignore the wider forum members and prefer strongly the devs!
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I think the point is it's bad to manipulate the value of people's assets through some 'proposal', no matter how great the proposals look like. What's the difference from gov?

Prices plunged, damages done. The whole drama is hurting people. I believe BM was not intended, but still, hurting. Please stop.

Turn it around and look at it this way:

We discovered that the next DAC (any DAC) being designed by BM would kill all the other DACs.
We are forced to try to "manipulate" people's assets to protect them from total loss.
By negotiating a "truce" we can avoid total war where everyone would lose.
But the truce involves dividing up apples and oranges and grapes with many different opinions about their relative values.
Someone has to make that value judgement.
Who is more qualified?

:)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.