Author Topic: The Significance of What We Are Doing...(Vote)  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
After looking briefly at the Knights Templar, one of the main secret societies most modern groups seem to trace some of their roots back too, I decided to remain a bit more open to what secret societies actually do. At the time of the Knights Templar power rested in the hands of a small minority, Monarchs and the Church & freedom of movement was greatly restricted. The Knights Templar seemed to improve upon that situation. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8578.0 (Interesting documentary link there.)

However I had another crazy theory leading on from there that lead me to believe the date for getting your money out of the current financial system could be 20/10/2014 however, it has passed, so so much for that one  :P

I would suggest secret societies by their nature have a limited pool of talent from which to draw (See Bush & Kerry  :P) even though they probably are at the best universities etc. I would also suggest that the average age of the highest members must be quite old, so if they have historically had significant influence, that balance of power will shift as freedom of information & money is opened up. I'm undecided whether that is a completely positive thing.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:39:09 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
For me it's just a way to network with like-minded people and discuss really weird shit.

Give them a break and talk to them about BitShares!

Offline fuzzy

While we are all worrying about how these things are going to effect our investments, we might be forgetting the larger purpose. 

Sometimes it is healthy to remind ourselves... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L40N-zOV0mM

So we can ask ourselves..."what are we willing to give, for real freedom."

Notice how everyone simply sits and watches.  Would you?  Or would you do something?  I think...we are here...to do something.

From the day I read the first Invictus web pages....the ones with the knight and the windmill....I completely bought into the idea that some incredibly clever people cared about the principals I value and were going to use Satoshi's invention and their ingenuity to build technology and networks that would manifest Satoshi's dream.  I believe the dream was to forever alter the structure of humanity by providing a tool that resists corruption over time and enables our societies to completely reorganize our resources and priorities, unfettered by a corrupting influence.

What will this accomplish?  It's almost unimaginable.  Appropriate allocation of capital, preservation of finite resources, unlimited innovation, new levels of education, a breakdown of tribal societal structures, no more war......

I genuinely couldn't care less what allocation I get if Bitshares can move us even a small way towards that goal.  I trust BM to be as fair as possible.  I promise right now that I will not complain regardless of the final decision. I will not look back and analyse what might have been.  I feel honoured to be even the tiniest part this. I want our children to grow up in peace and explore the universe.

What we build today in Bitshares could literally echo through eternity and for once, that echo might fill our progeny with pride and love.

+100%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
From the day I read the first Invictus web pages....the ones with the knight and the windmill....I completely bought into the idea that some incredibly clever people cared about the principals I value and were going to use Satoshi's invention and their ingenuity to build technology and networks that would manifest Satoshi's dream.  I believe the dream was to forever alter the structure of humanity by providing a tool that resists corruption over time and enables our societies to completely reorganize our resources and priorities, unfettered by a corrupting influence.

What will this accomplish?  It's almost unimaginable.  Appropriate allocation of capital, preservation of finite resources, unlimited innovation, new levels of education, a breakdown of tribal societal structures, no more war......

I genuinely couldn't care less what allocation I get if Bitshares can move us even a small way towards that goal.  I trust BM to be as fair as possible.  I promise right now that I will not complain regardless of the final decision. I will not look back and analyse what might have been.  I feel honoured to be even the tiniest part this.  I want our children to grow up in peace and explore the universe.

What we build today in Bitshares could literally echo through eternity and for once, that echo might fill our progeny with pride and love.
Thanks Ben Mason for putting your thoughts in writing  :)  +5%

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
While we are all worrying about how these things are going to effect our investments, we might be forgetting the larger purpose. 

Sometimes it is healthy to remind ourselves... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L40N-zOV0mM

Notice how everyone simply sits and watches.  Would you?  Or would you do something?  I think...we are here...to do something.

I genuinely couldn't care less what allocation I get if Bitshares can move us even a small way towards that goal.  I trust BM to be as fair as possible.  I promise right now that I will not complain regardless of the final decision. I will not look back and analyse what might have been.  I feel honoured to be even the tiniest part this.  I want our children to grow up in peace and explore the universe.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile

Thanks for sharing that, i will certainly be passing it on.

Offline fuzzy

For me it's just a way to network with like-minded people and discuss really weird shit.
Lol...glad to know there are some good people in some of these organisations.

We are still getting off topic though :)

The point is, John Kerry is a member of a LHP satanic secret organization hell bent on attaining political power at any cost. 8)

Not quite.  The point I was making in this entire post, was to try to remind people that the situation has become so bad that this insanity happens in my (our?) country when anyone questions those in power...

My point was that everyone there seemed pretty apathetic toward what was going on...despite the fact that it was an illegal use of force on a guy who wanted to make some (imo) valid points.

And finally, to remind people how important it is that we look at the current "growing pains" in a context outside our immediate gain (even if just a little more than before reading this post). 

What is going on here...is significant.  And everyone here who is playing a role, is making history in the present moment by potentially unlocking some of the most powerful tools humanity has ever had to untie themselves from the traditional foundations of power, and become part of something far more empowering... 

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

The point is, John Kerry is a member of a LHP satanic secret organization hell bent on attaining political power at any cost. 8)

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:32:23 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Secret societies will always exist. I've been a member of Ordo Templi Orientis for many years and what goes on in these things is probably not what you think... to say the least.

Except only the top people in these societies are truly aware of what goes on in them...compartmentalization is a tactic frequently used in powerful organisations to preserve "order". This tactic is used in manh powerful institutions.

But im actually not really referencing secret societies so much, though, as the state of affairs for "freedom" in the context of the world in which we currently live (thus the talk about the NDAA) is my primary focal point for discussion.

Out of curiosity, though, what rank are you and now much does each member pay to be in this society?

Each organization will have it's own reasons for compartmentalizing, no doubt. Even the Bitshares community has secret pockets that require invites. It's totally an emergent side effect of human society. Completely unavoidable and not necessarily sinister.

I cannot discus rank but I can say I only pay about $100 per year. Its a barebones maintenance fee to pay for infrastructure and weed out idiots. Most money is made through donations but there is no pressure to donate an amount. If it were a cult extracting 10% of the net income per person I would never be a member. For me it's just a way to network with like-minded people and discuss really weird shit.

Offline fuzzy

Secret societies will always exist. I've been a member of Ordo Templi Orientis for many years and what goes on in these things is probably not what you think... to say the least.

Except only the top people in these societies are truly aware of what goes on in them...compartmentalization is a tactic frequently used in powerful organisations to preserve "order". This tactic is used in manh powerful institutions.

But im actually not really referencing secret societies so much, though, as the state of affairs for "freedom" in the context of the world in which we currently live (thus the talk about the NDAA) is my primary focal point for discussion.

Out of curiosity, though, what rank are you and now much does each member pay to be in this society?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:09:13 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline fuzzy

Yeh man...that is only the tip of the iceberg.

Thereis so much crap most people dont even have the slightest idea about...and they dare not even engage because it feels like a lose lose endeavor...

Most would prefer to remain blissfully ignorant in my experience.

Greg Palast (the award winning investigative reporter whose book that guy was showing in the video) is a good place to start though if you prefer it to be fed to you with facts (as opposed to theories with high correlation but little direct evidence to conspiracy).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:22:00 pm by fuzzy »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
wow .. I didn't even know that ..

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:04:38 pm by fuzzy »