Author Topic: Let's discuss what word to use instead of share dilution  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Guys. In my mind it's not a dilution at all. The new BTS will now be rewarded with 20% dividends of all newly created DACs. This is fantastic.

I'm welcoming it, I think it is great! It also welcomes the latecomers, who donated to AGS and helped finance the building of the toolkit as well. I've seen so many posts on reddit and elsewhere of people reading about bitshares X and donating blindly to AGS, not realizing Feb 28th was already taken.

I'd call it, "DAC Dividend Buyout"

Weren't we also talking about issuing new shares in the future to fund growth? In my mind, the AGS/PTS/BTSX/VOTE merger is separate from the added ability to issue new shares in the future. Both are proposals being discussed.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Guys. In my mind it's not a dilution at all. The new BTS will now be rewarded with 20% dividends of all newly created DACs. This is fantastic.

I'm welcoming it, I think it is great! It also welcomes the latecomers, who donated to AGS and helped finance the building of the toolkit as well. I've seen so many posts on reddit and elsewhere of people reading about bitshares X and donating blindly to AGS, not realizing Feb 28th was already taken.

I'd call it, "DAC Dividend Buyout"

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline roadscape

The Ripple Effect (TRE)
Maybe not a good one.

Capital Infusion (CI) - as per Dan
It describes what is happening, has a positive vibe.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Here are my suggestions, along with a short example of how you could use it to describe what the system is and why it is beneficial

Delegated Capital Allocation (DCA)
Delegates can be authorize to allocate capital on behalf of stakeholders to fund projects that will be profitable and generate a net return for the shareholders.

Delegated Fundraising (DF)
"Delegated fundraiser is a type of delegate that has been approved by shareholders to raise funds at a set rate to fund a specific project that is profitable and generates a net return for the shareholder."

Decentralized Internal Funding (DIF)
"DIF is the system a DAC uses to raise funds from shareholders to fund profitable projects that generate net returns for the DAC and shareholders."

Please post if you have any other suggestions, and post which one of the existing suggestions you prefer. Once we start to use a better term than the FUD inducing "share dilution", people will perhaps calm down.