Author Topic: Suggested Press Release regarding the merger  (Read 4421 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Look at the post date! No thread necromancy please.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline RenaudGagne

• View Profile
Im all for that press release.

Offline Riverhead

Also I think the heading should be Mergers not Merges? Yes, I am reading to provide more meaningful feedback than a typo :).

Offline Riverhead

I would personally not use the phrase "in the real world" - this all seems very real to me  ;)

+5%

Offline koberstein

• View Profile
I would personally not use the phrase "in the real world" - this all seems very real to me  ;)
BTSX: koberstein

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
World's first cryptographic asset with democratized adjusted supply based on real growth.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Any press release should not be circulated until BTS is live.

Media push coinciding with coinmarketcap switchover would be ideal.

+5%

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Any press release should not be circulated until BTS is live.

Media push coinciding with coinmarketcap switchover would be ideal.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
A press release is all well and good but lets get this all done first.  Make a successful transition to BTS, and then author it a glorious creation myth.  The release could be timed to come out around the day that coinmarketcap updates to show the new shares so when people ask wtf is going on with bitshares?  We can post the link to the press release.

Also I don't like much about how this release is written.  *Bitshares* should absolutely be included (eyeballs on bitshares brand!) in the headline and as this should be done after the change is complete the talk of it being a proposal should be taken out and only the actual final deal be talked about (whatever it ends up being). 

There's no need to give more than a cursory mention to the original proposal, perhaps mentioning it helps with SEO as it could be an opportunity to post a link to bitsharestalk.org. 

And make the headline much more exciting.  More like:

Bitshares unites to form Super DAC
Bitshares completes first ever crypto-merger deal
Bitshares unites the first ever crypto-merger deal
Bitshares expands via first of its kind crypto-merger

BitShares Merger Rocks Crypto World

lol, I like it.   8)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
A press release is all well and good but lets get this all done first.  Make a successful transition to BTS, and then author it a glorious creation myth.  The release could be timed to come out around the day that coinmarketcap updates to show the new shares so when people ask wtf is going on with bitshares?  We can post the link to the press release.

Also I don't like much about how this release is written.  *Bitshares* should absolutely be included (eyeballs on bitshares brand!) in the headline and as this should be done after the change is complete the talk of it being a proposal should be taken out and only the actual final deal be talked about (whatever it ends up being). 

There's no need to give more than a cursory mention to the original proposal, perhaps mentioning it helps with SEO as it could be an opportunity to post a link to bitsharestalk.org. 

BitShares Merger Rocks Crypto World

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:37:43 pm by matt608 »

Offline bennyliaa

• View Profile
If Dan approves, we could send out a new press release like this, as we've been regularly releasing them over the last couple months. b

+5% +5%
My Personal BTS Account: stephen

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
If Dan approves, we could send out a new press release like this, as we've been regularly releasing them over the last couple months. b

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Coin mergers: Another first for crypto?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
The merger is between BTSX and Vote (and posssibly other DACs that were meant to have an own chain). Ending PTS and AGS is a byproduct of merging "everything" into BTSX.
AGS is clearly not a DAC and can therefore not be merged. I would also say PTS is not a DAC since it does not provide a designated service (it could provide the same service as Bitcoin but that was never the intention).
The stakes in the Vote DAC merge with the stakes in BTSX. And since the stakes in the Vote DAC are mapped in the ledgers of PTS and AGS, AGS and PTS holders get a stake in BTSX.
What is true though is that since "everything" (I am not clear yet myself what that is) is merged into BTSX there is no more need to snapshot PTS/AGS in the future.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:14:59 pm by delulo »