Author Topic: Video of Dan's LV Keynote  (Read 10347 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Can't wait to see the keynote video!

Offline theoretical

Is the high-quality video posted somewhere yet?
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Great seeing pics from the event! Thanks for posting these up, Tony. Shame we never got to talk bots. My boss works out of the office in your city though...

yea.. enjoy seeing the pics. Can't wait for the videos.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Riverhead

Great seeing pics from the event! Thanks for posting these up, Tony. Shame we never got to talk bots. My boss works out of the office in your city though...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Before the speech

After Daniel Larimer - Keynote - 'A lot of people Describing BitsharesX  and  bitUSD in 60 seconds.'

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
before the bar crawl

Besides you probably just sat around drank good beer, ate well and talked about that nerdy crypto stuff :'(
The beer was just OK. Dat crypto[guys] doe....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:57:50 am by tonyk »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
before the bar crawl

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Come on tell us who's who!

I do not know... All I know is - I do not see the faces of vikram, Eddie (from the music DAC), emski, Empirical1.1 or myself on the above pictures.

[disclosures]
1. I do not claim any or all of the above people have been there.
2. I do not claim  some/all  of the above people are on the pictures but facing backwards.
3. I do not claim that I have been there to know who is on the pictures.
4. I do not claim that I am telling the truth in points 1 to 3 or the original statement.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Come on tell us who's who!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Forum Heroes you know and love...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
This week we had a very rare lunar eclipse.
An even more rare event is me saying something profound in public.
I have no idea what it might have been.
So imagine the most profound thing you can imagine hearing.
Yeah, it was like that.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
... unless I3 has said they don't want unofficial versions out.
That's what they said .. asked for

This is simply because we are merging in the slides and audio with video of the talk so people can see and hear the whole thing clearly.
This takes editing time.
If the raw audio is published ahead of this, many people won't come back to see the polished video.
(Who has two hours to listen to it twice?)

Brian is more eager to release this than you are to hear it, so he will make sure everyone knows the instant its available.

Watch facebook for other material, clips, previews, outtakes, etc.
https://www.facebook.com/officialbitshares

Awesome! I had not seen the stuff on Facebook yet. It seems like Dan didn't hold back just because he was speaking at a Bitcoin conference. The Bitcoin community needs more people willing to speak out about it not being perfect. There is far too many rainbows and butterflys for my liking. This is part of the reason that has driven me to support Alt coins, Bitcoin doesn't seem willing or eager to fix its problems. By spending 5 minutes reading around on the Bitcoin forums the general attitude is that it is perfect. They need to wake up and focus on fixing Bitcoin's shortcomings and improving upon it, or it will not be "king" forever like most take for granted via the "too big to fail" mantra.

Although I still try to change people's minds from time to time, it can get very tiresome to have to repeat yourself over and over to each person that has been brainwashed by the group-think that goes on over there. Bitshares' DACs features and improvements speak for themselves compared to Bitcoin, there is no need for brainwashing. I like how in one of the clips Dan mentions that Bitcoin needs to adapt or you just need to sell Bitcoin and move on- It's very true. I think Bitcoin will still be the coin to beat in a year or two due to its infrastructure and network effect, but if it continues down the same path it is certainly doomed to fail, it is a matter of when not if.

Also, Dan is probably one of the few people that can get away with such a speech at a Bitcoin conference with his calm demeanor and thoughtful statements. :)

Not a single rotten tomato was thrown from the audience.
Instead, the whole team was swarmed with well-wishers who skipped lunch to ask more questions.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:34:48 pm by Stan »

Offline Riverhead

Besides you probably just sat around drank good beer, ate well and talked about that nerdy crypto stuff :'(

The beer was just OK. Dat crypto doe....

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Meanwhile, the BitSharesTalk Support, Rapid Response, and Vegas Reconnaissance Team was there in force.
We couldn't fit them all in one picture, but it took two whole rows this long when they all got there for the start of Dan's speech.

Since they were all inexplicably willing to appear in public with us I'm including this photo.  We'll leave it to them to identify themselves, or not.  You already know most of them well from their prolific contributions.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:48:35 pm by Stan »