Author Topic: So, how to deal with the snapshoted shares of DNS VOTE & Music?  (Read 6113 times)

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
I think music have power to stay alone, but will be powerfull integrated in BTS.

from this music dac structure can be cloned for other markets , trading daily reads, bloggers T.V, Master Lessons, or whatever video.

if keeping alone Music loose this scability, loose a lot.

But maybe for legal purposes is better keep distanced or for tecnical questions.

What i know is that i loose some btc selling DNS yesterday, but im sure this change produce the rest of inversion multiply his value producing much more future profit than eventual loose.

New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So in your opinon Music should not be merged into the bts, yes?
But one thing if there is chance that the merge work will be done by re-allocation the stock of Music/BTS?
I have no saying here .. and also no opinion on it ..
What about: "let's see"

Disclaimer: I am a strong supporter of the MUSIC DAC .. whatever it ends up to be exactly

Offline Pheonike

I think Music doing the right thing. It has the potential to stand on it own for now. And I'm pretty sure the 70% AGS/PTS note holders are not going to let it fall.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Eddie and I's responsibility is to the Music Project and the Note holders.
Whatever we end up doing has to be either neutral or beneficial to whoever spent funds on aquiring Notes.
So we are not changing course.
If anything happens down the line the BTS merger appears super beneficial, then of course we will do what's best for your guys and ourselves.

Point is. Right now, Plan A stays. BitShares Music is it's own DAC.

Thanks for making a clear stand on this.  For MUSIC Dac to be successful, it needs a strong level of trust and support from its donors/contributors.  Good luck!  :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline bennyliaa

• View Profile
Are you sure that you get the concept of mine?
Please read it more twice, I just concern on it and need Stan&BM's opinion.....
MUSIC is worth nothing without an entry point which will be built via peertracks!

So in your opinon Music should not be merged into the bts, yes?
But one thing if there is chance that the merge work will be done by re-allocation the stock of Music/BTS?
I means that we can merge Music into the BTS, then consolidate the Music team into the Core team, then continue implement the Music as part of BTS. :P

My Personal BTS Account: stephen

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
MUSIC is worth nothing without an entry point which will be built via peertracks!

Offline bennyliaa

• View Profile
I am afraid that Music will happen the case that DNS does.
So would BM&Stan give a mindset how the Music will go after finish the BTC donation?
either you are spreading FUD or you are clueless ..

BM and Stan have NO say at MUSIC .. it's cob's and Eddies baby!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So would BM&Stan give a mindset how the Music will go after finish the BTC donation?
either you are spreading FUD or you are clueless ..

BM and Stan have NO say at MUSIC .. it's cob's and Eddies baby!

Offline bennyliaa

• View Profile
As of now the Music DAC is taking a wait and see approach. We have to develop the front end as well to bring value and use to the underlying asset. We have plenty of time to make a decision as to what we plug in to. BitShares Music or BitShares mega flagship.

We still have another 40 days of pre-sale at least + bytemaster's announcement to look forward to.
Then we have to consult the forums (:

A month is a long time in the BitShares world!

There are loads of people that are buying in pre-sale because they like very much the Music idea but they don't care about the  Bitshare mega Dac. Say I bought 10 $ worth of Notes  because the idea is so great, and I hope I will make 10x more    If  the acquisition happens and  now you want to give me 10$ worth of BTS( a different  example:  I bought 100000 Notes and now you give me 10000 BTS), this will be a very hard sell. So I suggest to consider very carefully and maybe not to wait until the end of pre-sale  to decide.

Whatever we end up doing has to be either neutral or beneficial to whoever spent funds on aquiring Notes.
If anything happens down the line the BTS merger appears super beneficial, then of course we will do what's best for your guys and ourselves.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Can be accepted .. Thanks for clarifying quickly!

Offline oco101

• View Profile
As of now the Music DAC is taking a wait and see approach. We have to develop the front end as well to bring value and use to the underlying asset. We have plenty of time to make a decision as to what we plug in to. BitShares Music or BitShares mega flagship.

We still have another 40 days of pre-sale at least + bytemaster's announcement to look forward to.

There are loads of people that are buying in pre-sale because they like very much the Music idea but they don't care about the  Bitshare mega Dac. Say I bought 10 $ worth of Notes  because the idea is so great, and I hope I will make 10x more    If  the acquisition happens and  now you want to give me 10$ worth of BTS( a different  example:  I bought 100000 Notes and now you give me 10000 BTS), this will be a very hard sell. So I suggest to consider very carefully and maybe not to wait until the end of pre-sale  to decide.

+1

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
No matter what, if one DAC wants to absorb another, stakeholders of the absorbed DAC will get to vote on it, and only if they choose to do it will it go ahead. They will then get awarded a proportional stake so their holdings will continue at the exact same value as before.

One would hope this is the case, but no such vote occurred in the DNS DAC and as of now it's being merged with the mega-DAC at less than half its market value.

One thing that is always sure in the bitshares world is that nothing is ever sure...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

After this time, everything will FINALLY be sure, because there will be no more conflict of interest left. The creation of BTS is the dawn of a new chapter of this exciting saga (spoiler: in this chapter we go to the moon)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
No matter what, if one DAC wants to absorb another, stakeholders of the absorbed DAC will get to vote on it, and only if they choose to do it will it go ahead. They will then get awarded a proportional stake so their holdings will continue at the exact same value as before.

One would hope this is the case, but no such vote occurred in the DNS DAC and as of now it's being merged with the mega-DAC at less than half its market value.

One thing that is always sure in the bitshares world is that nothing is ever sure...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Bytemaster explained his analysis in today's recorded mumble session.  As usual, it went far deeper than superficial numbers like "market value".

Here's a sample:  True value assessment must include an estimate of liquidity.  It is not possible right now to sell every share at the market price.  Not even close.  So you can't give a DAC credit for its full market cap unless there is truly that much demand for every share

Another example:  A fully efficient market with all information available to it would be expected to correctly appraise the value of a share.  But things are happening too fast and the more you know and have assimilated the implications of all the facts the more accurate will be your assessment of the true value.  Bytemaster is the closest thing we have to a fully informed appraiser.

So before you criticize his analysis, be sure you have thought things through at least that deeply.

:)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:26:44 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline kbrom

• View Profile

+5% +5% +5%