Author Topic: AUSTIN (TX) 7th December  (Read 2106 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Was fun ...
haven't had a chance to talk to everyone .. there have been around 20 people or so .. I was quite impressed .. Back in Germany we are just a handful nerds at those meetups :)

I also got the impression that Austin has some very well connected enthusiasts that know alot about the technical details of blockchain tech .. worth looking around for new developers over there ..

Troglodactyl and another BitShares guy (not mentioning his name here) did a very very good job describing BitShares to those that have been interested in it.
Most "concerns" could be eliminated in our talks .... No one could come up with a real "issue" .. either in the economical part of BitShares nor with the consensus algorithm DPOS ..

For me it was very interesting to see that many enthusiasts with rather deep technical understanding and an open mind towards BitShares ..

TL;DR; was fun! +5%

I am still in Austin an try to join the other meetup on tuesday ..
Figure that out: austin has 4 meetups .. EVERY WEEK! :)

I hope others take your lead and attend their local Bitcoin meetups.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
sounds great --- wish you more fun next days :)  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Was fun ...
haven't had a chance to talk to everyone .. there have been around 20 people or so .. I was quite impressed .. Back in Germany we are just a handful nerds at those meetups :)

I also got the impression that Austin has some very well connected enthusiasts that know alot about the technical details of blockchain tech .. worth looking around for new developers over there ..

Troglodactyl and another BitShares guy (not mentioning his name here) did a very very good job describing BitShares to those that have been interested in it.
Most "concerns" could be eliminated in our talks .... No one could come up with a real "issue" .. either in the economical part of BitShares nor with the consensus algorithm DPOS ..

For me it was very interesting to see that many enthusiasts with rather deep technical understanding and an open mind towards BitShares ..

TL;DR; was fun! +5%

I am still in Austin an try to join the other meetup on tuesday ..
Figure that out: austin has 4 meetups .. EVERY WEEK! :)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I intend to be there as well.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hey there,

I will be in Austin (TX) for a week and will probably join the Bitcoin Meetup in Austin on Sunday 7th December ..

Besides me, another well-known member of the community  (who doesn't want to be named publicly) will be there too.
So we are at least two in Austin .. and if I am fine from jetlag .. I will join evangelize the Bitcoin people there :)

Please let us know I you want to join!