Author Topic: * SNAPSHOT NOTICE *  (Read 22240 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Code: [Select]
81575 : Mi 5. Nov 18:45:50 UTC 2014
81576 : Mi 5. Nov 19:31:18 UTC 2014
81577 : Mi 5. Nov 19:48:54 UTC 2014
81578 : Mi 5. Nov 19:59:10 UTC 2014
81579 : Do 6. Nov 00:26:18 UTC 2014
81580 : Do 6. Nov 05:49:41 UTC 2014
81581 : Do 6. Nov 09:10:05 UTC 2014
To me this seems like block number 81578 is the one for the BTS/PLAY snapshot .. can someone confirm?

Yes: http://ptsags.quisquis.de/pts-2014-11-05.json.gz
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Code: [Select]
81575 : Mi 5. Nov 18:45:50 UTC 2014
81576 : Mi 5. Nov 19:31:18 UTC 2014
81577 : Mi 5. Nov 19:48:54 UTC 2014
81578 : Mi 5. Nov 19:59:10 UTC 2014
81579 : Do 6. Nov 00:26:18 UTC 2014
81580 : Do 6. Nov 05:49:41 UTC 2014
81581 : Do 6. Nov 09:10:05 UTC 2014
To me this seems like block number 81578 is the one for the BTS/PLAY snapshot .. can someone confirm?

Offline onceuponatime

anybody received their BTS s?

That was just the snapshot. The BTS wallet probably won't be released for a few weeks. It is btsx until then.

Offline N1947

• View Profile
anybody received their BTS s?

Offline lastagile

• View Profile
snapshot good?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Note: as soon as they reopen trading on PTS, there is a race to be the first to dump your shares into the idiots who left open buy orders on there.  Grats to whoever wins this race and gets free money.  And if any of you still have buy orders out there for PTS, remove them now!  (Unless they are super super low orders looking to take advantage of any future PTS based snapshots).
Are they "reopening" the market?

I dont know, but I would assume so.  It reopened a ocuple hours after previous snapshots.  (Of course, this might be different).

If it does reopen, whoever sells first can make hundreds of dollars because some idiots left buy orders in there.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Note: as soon as they reopen trading on PTS, there is a race to be the first to dump your shares into the idiots who left open buy orders on there.  Grats to whoever wins this race and gets free money.  And if any of you still have buy orders out there for PTS, remove them now!  (Unless they are super super low orders looking to take advantage of any future PTS based snapshots).
Are they "reopening" the market?

Offline N1947

• View Profile
yay l m so excited, :P

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Half an hour until the snapshot occurs!

In bter we now have snapshot balances for our PTS.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:28:17 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
If you want to move PTS from bter to your local wallet atm, please don't do this. PTS network is super slow and hard to get confirmed. Mine took 11 hours to get the first confirm.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline wasthatawolf

Did the snapshot happen?

Offline betax

• View Profile
Trading with BTER for 11 months, I had problems (my fault for not checking new deposit addresses) and quickly solved it. So very happy with them.

Offline montpelerin

• View Profile
Thanks Xeroc.

..and yes: so long to POW...and thanks for all the fish!  :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
No, BTER is not involved with these transactions.

I only sent the PTS between local wallet addresses to allow for easier accounting - I wanted all PTS on new addresses that are not associated with previously donated AGS.
If they are not confirmed (at least a single confirmation) .. than you are out of luck and the old addresses are credited/airdropped ..
PTS network is ULTRA slow atm ..

Offline montpelerin

• View Profile
No, BTER is not involved with these transactions.

I only sent the PTS between local wallet addresses to allow for easier accounting - I wanted all PTS on new addresses that are not associated with previously donated AGS.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Most have gone through but a few remain unconfirmed.
That's not necessarily BTer's fault .. it may just be the miners that are simply not including your tx into the blocks .. that's why POW sucks :)

Offline montpelerin

• View Profile
I sent several PTS transactions to new addresses about midday yesterday.
Most have gone through but a few remain unconfirmed.

Which address will the snapshot adhere to - the sender address or the recipient address?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:02:29 pm by montpelerin »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i'm trading on bter over 15 month now without any problems... when i had trouble… they were friendly and solve all issues/tickets i created ... can't say anything bad about ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Coins don't just disappear .. and BTER usually gives your the transaction ID .. so .. you have a txID?

Offline erick

• View Profile
Please post the message history between BTER and yourself so that we can determine the problem. Without that, your post seems a little like FUD even if it is 100% true.

I assure you it is not fud .  I avoided saying the exchange i went to just to not sound like i was trying to promote someone because i knew when i was typing it FUD would be the first response, But think what you want. they got me for about $50 so i am not going to make a federal case of it or anything but it does piss me off.
BTSX account: erick

Offline onceuponatime

I see everyone talking about bter on here , please stop using bter. I withdrew coins from my account and they never showed up, bter said they do not have access to their own bitcoin wallet when i asked them about it and then very rudely told me I did not know anything about bitcoin(When I run several bitcoin webpages) and my coins were theirs to keep. They never showed up in my account or wallet.  They are just gone and bter basically told me to f-off. this was weeks ago. so it is my guess that bter just steals when they feel like it or when there is a 'glitch'. I moved to another exchange and have had zero problems since. plus all my withdraws and deposits are way faster.

Please post the message history between BTER and yourself so that we can determine the problem. Without that, your post seems a little like FUD even if it is 100% true.

Offline erick

• View Profile
I see everyone talking about bter on here , please stop using bter. I withdrew coins from my account and they never showed up, bter said they do not have access to their own bitcoin wallet when i asked them about it and then very rudely told me I did not know anything about bitcoin(When I run several bitcoin webpages) and my coins were theirs to keep. They never showed up in my account or wallet.  They are just gone and bter basically told me to f-off. this was weeks ago. so it is my guess that bter just steals when they feel like it or when there is a 'glitch'. I moved to another exchange and have had zero problems since. plus all my withdraws and deposits are way faster.
BTSX account: erick

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
because bter takes 1% in fees upon withdrawal.
but gives 1% for deposits

yup you withdraw on bter then you should deposit there also ... then without any loss... if you claim your BTSX and then deposit you get 1% on top ---
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
but gives 1% for deposits

Offline patrickb323

• View Profile
Do I need to have my BTSX in my wallet? or is it ok to leave on the bter exchange?

Also, I still have unclaimed BTSX from AGS/PTS and I'm assuming this is ok.

10 second blocks!

Why is it such a problem to move the shares for a day and then move them back?q

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Do I need to have my BTSX in my wallet? or is it ok to leave on the bter exchange?

10 second blocks!

Why is it such a problem to move the shares for a day and then move them back?q

Offline Riverhead

You're fine.  BTSX is just dropping the X so your unclaimed shares will still be there and can be claimed as BTS at your leisure.

The BTSX on the exchange is subject to them, "Dong the right thing" both technically and ethically. I have moved all my funds to private wallets where I control the private keys.

Offline patrickb323

• View Profile

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
BTSX doesn't have a vesting period but if you leave it on an exchange you're trusting them to, "Do the right thing".

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I take it those holding BitUSD are missing out on the airdrop ?

Your bitUSD will simply carry over to the new BTS.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Riverhead

No. It's the same as holding BTSX. 1:1. Really BTSX isn't changing other than dropping the x and adding 500M to supply over two years. It's the same chain so nothing to AirDrop.

Offline mavisjames

• View Profile
BTSX doesn't have a vesting period but if you leave it on an exchange you're trusting them to, "Do the right thing".

I take it those holding BitUSD are missing out on the airdrop ?
Pmp2K9S5t15hTEkrrFk1cfieb2Y2eVR6YG

BTSX ID: mdyyz

Offline N1947

• View Profile
got it thanks ))

Offline Riverhead

Offline N1947

• View Profile
If it's from the pts/dns AirDrop then they vest over two years. 1/730th a day.

It's unclear how the exchanges will field that. You should transfer your balances to a wallet you control.

thanks for thunder speed respond,it seems that it s too late to withdraw my dns to wallet because btter only let 1.5 mil a day l will wait and see how they gonna field this.
what about BTSX?should l move to wallet?
thanks again have a nice one

Offline Riverhead

If it's from the pts/dns AirDrop then they vest over two years. 1/730th a day.

It's unclear how the exchanges will field that. You should transfer your balances to a wallet you control.

Offline N1947

• View Profile
hi
 l m new to this dns and btsx and it s very complicated for me,my question is would redeemed bts be traded or not?
many thanks

Offline Riverhead

No, end of day.

Offline fussyqbert

• View Profile
Just a question. The snapshot was Nov 5 UTC right? So about an hour and a half ago? Thanks!

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
Is Bter even aware of the vesting period?

With other snapshots like music, they had à post explaining the snapshot.
Now with this significant snapshot they haven't even got à post explaining it.
It only says bter Will take the snapshot for you on the trading pages.

I know everybody has been advised to withdraw their PTS and DNS, to their wallets, on this forum.
But I guess not all traders are aware of this and the vesting period.
They might be "slightly agitated" when they find out their BTS (funds) will become linearly liquid over 2 years.

Also PTS and DNS, where to be meant to halt trading right? There's no mention of this to. And if they will available for trading, traders should be informed about a probable Price drop.

Don't mean to be trolling, but this could be a recipe for a new sh*tstorm.

hi
it seems that as a trader l ve no idea what s happening with DNS,l m trading on btter and they are going to participate to this snapshot and l relied on them  however still confused about this 2 yrs period,would l be able to claim BTS and able to trade or not? any help?
thanks

Offline graffenwalder

Is Bter even aware of the vesting period?

With other snapshots like music, they had à post explaining the snapshot.
Now with this significant snapshot they haven't even got à post explaining it.
It only says bter Will take the snapshot for you on the trading pages.

I know everybody has been advised to withdraw their PTS and DNS, to their wallets, on this forum.
But I guess not all traders are aware of this and the vesting period.
They might be "slightly agitated" when they find out their BTS (funds) will become linearly liquid over 2 years.

Also PTS and DNS, where to be meant to halt trading right? There's no mention of this to. And if they will available for trading, traders should be informed about a probable Price drop.

Don't mean to be trolling, but this could be a recipe for a new sh*tstorm.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:14:42 pm by Graffenwalder »

Offline Riverhead

Thinking about the last block I too would like clarification. Is it 11:59:59 UTC tonight (the 4th) or tomorrow?

Last block of 5 Nov mean 5 Nov 23:59:59.999 UTC
Exchanges know it because they already participate in 2 snapshots.

Ok, so that gives time for either someone to build a Windows version for BTC38 or for BTC38 to get a Linux wallet up and running.

Offline testz

Thinking about the last block I too would like clarification. Is it 11:59:59 UTC tonight (the 4th) or tomorrow?

Last block of 5 Nov mean 5 Nov 23:59:59.999 UTC
Exchanges know it because they already participate in 2 snapshots.

Offline Riverhead

Thinking about the last block I too would like clarification. Is it 11:59:59 UTC tonight (the 4th) or tomorrow? i.e End of Day of the 5th or Start Of Day of the 5th?

This is actually critical now becuase BTC38 does not have a working DNS client and therefore millions of DNS are stuck on their exchange. While they are honoring the snapshot they would need to be trusted for the next two years as the funds vest out. Anything could happen in that time...

Basically we need someone that can do an emergency Windows build of KeyID 0.05v for BTC38.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:13:23 pm by Riverhead »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
(Which is a little unfair for the guy who mines that block.)
let's replace "unfair" with "unlucky" -- It's not that we can choose that .. POW blocks appear at (almost) random times .. that's what makes the synchronous DPOS scheme so exciting

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Last block before 0:00 UTC Nov 6th. So somewhere between 23:59:49 UTC and 23:59:59 UTC November 5th
We're tallking about a PTS snapshot here (mostly). PTS doesn't have 10s block times, so it is impossible to tell when the last block on Nov 5th will be mined.

(Minor nitpick: a definitive answer can only be given after the first block of Nov 6th has been mined.  Which is a little unfair for the guy who mines that block.)
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Riverhead

Last block before 0:00 UTC Nov 6th. So somewhere between 23:59:49 UTC and 23:59:59 UTC November 5th
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:29:02 pm by Riverhead »

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
What's the exact UTC time the snapshot is going to happen on Nov. 5?
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline Pheonike

How will these new shares appear in my client?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
But I will lose potential BTS if BTSX goes unclaimed ?  Thanks for the help.
No you don't .. all your BTSX will still belong to your .. no matter in which block/address they are stored in ..

The extra airdropped stake will also not get lost .. you will just not be able to withdraw all of them at once .. each day you can get a 1/(2*365)-th of that stake .. but again .. this only holds for the 'extra' airdrop made on 5.November ... your other stake will not change in any way and will continue to be tradable ..

Offline birdinc

• View Profile
So just to clarify, as a result of AGS I have unclaimed BTSX.  Do I have to claim the BTSX before the BTSX to BTS conversion ?
nope .. however you will get two kinds of BTS then ..
those that come from your BTSX (those that you could also claim right now)
and those that come from the second airdrop onto AGS .. those are vested linearly over 2 years
But I will lose potential BTS if BTSX goes unclaimed ?  Thanks for the help.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So just to clarify, as a result of AGS I have unclaimed BTSX.  Do I have to claim the BTSX before the BTSX to BTS conversion ?
nope .. however you will get two kinds of BTS then ..
those that come from your BTSX (those that you could also claim right now)
and those that come from the second airdrop onto AGS .. those are vested linearly over 2 years

Offline birdinc

• View Profile

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I have purchased PTS and AGS before and after the 28th of Feb snapshot.
I have not claimed any DNS shares or any shares in BitsharesX.

Do I need to first claim my DNS shares to get the new shares in BitsharesX from the new snap shot.

Or will I just claim my DNS shares at a later stage using my PTS and AGS and then use that wallet to get my new bitsharesX shares.

Someone please clarify all this stuff. Thanks!

It doesn't matter, you can just ignore the dns and you'll get the stake for it when you import ags/pts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Thats neat. Fantastic, thanks for clarifying

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

...I am currently at work pretending to work...

lol

I hope you will not need your current work in the near future...

bm are you listening?   :)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
this snapshot is so complex to me ,can anybody tell me how this snapshot will work out for DNS holders? thanks

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do I need to first claim my DNS shares to get the new shares in BitsharesX from the new snap shot.

Or will I just claim my DNS shares at a later stage using my PTS and AGS and then use that wallet to get my new bitsharesX shares.

It doesn't matter, you can just ignore the dns and you'll get the stake for it when you import ags/pts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
thank you! I will double check that when I get home..I am currently at work pretending to work...

Offline testz

Does anyone has actually have done the maths of how many BTS per AGS after the snapshot? Can someone do the numbers split to

DNS=xBTS
VOTE=xBTS
PTS=xBTS
AGS=xBTS

I run the numbers the other day but I may have them wrong so it will be nice if we can double check..

What about this: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10398.msg136832#msg136832

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Does anyone has actually have done the maths of how many BTS per AGS after the snapshot? Can someone do the numbers split to

DNS=xBTS
VOTE=xBTS
PTS=xBTS
AGS=xBTS

I run the numbers the other day but I may have them wrong so it will be nice if we can double check..

Offline joele

• View Profile
holy cow has a lot happened in a short period of time!

do you guys think it'd be more profitable to trade in PTS for BTSX before the snapshot, or turn BTSX into PTS for the snapshot?

Well if PTS is going to get 75 million BTS then you will get ~42 BTS for each PTS.

42 BTSX (note the X) is worth a round half of one  PTS right now. I would say sell the hell out of PTS.

whoa buddy... no. PTS gets 175 million; you're going to get something like 106 BTS for each PTS. Like I said before, PTS is about a 20% discount to BTSX right now.

My computation is like 99.34 BTS per PTS

7% * 2.5B / 1,761,591 = 99.34

If minus angel address ; -232,208

7% * 2.5B / 1,529,383 = 114.42 per PTS
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:12:17 am by joele »

Offline TanFan

• View Profile
I've seen several ratios for AGS to BTSX...where did that end up?

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

do you guys think it'd be more profitable to trade in PTS for BTSX before the snapshot, or turn BTSX into PTS for the snapshot?

Well if PTS is going to get 75 million BTS then you will get ~42 BTS for each PTS.

42 BTSX (note the X) is worth a round half of one  PTS right now. I would say sell the hell out of PTS.

whoa buddy... no. PTS gets 175 million; you're going to get something like 106 BTS for each PTS. Like I said before, PTS is about a 20% discount to BTSX right now.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Ggozzo

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Do we need to cover the open positions or cancel any orders before the snapshot?

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

I traded all my PTS for BTSX yesterday before the liquidity premium priced in. If the liquidity premium gets high enough, I'll trade some back.

By my calculations, today PTS has been trading at around a 13-15% discount to BTSX; that means with a 2-year vesting period, if you turn BTSX into PTS you'll make your investment back in about 20 months.

This is just me, but if I were you I'd wait until the liquidity premium goes up. I'll probably start buying PTS slowly at a 25% discount; I'll probably buy large amounts if the discount goes below 50%.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

merockstar

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

remind you guys of anyone? ;D

I hope by the first of the year every member that has stayed on with this project will be able to look at these posts and smile.

I for one am betting we will.

Offline BTS007

• View Profile
Stan,I love you!You are right!
BTS ID:bts007

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Also Stan, I noticed some of your old posts have disappeared. For example, this months-old post is now gone: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4684.0

Any explanation as to why these old posts have selectively disappeared? Not jumping to conclusions as there may be a perfectly valid reason.

You already said that AGS got 6x time more then PTS, then you could not prove it actually you acknowledge yourself that you did not verify and turns out is was false information . So please before accusing or making false claims, make sure you can back it up.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Will the "mandatory" update of the bitshares client occur the same day?  (5 November)
If yes, is it right to assume that all short orders must covered before the update?
If no, when it will happen?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Also Stan, I noticed some of your old posts have disappeared. For example, this months-old post is now gone: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4684.0

Any explanation as to why these old posts have selectively disappeared? Not jumping to conclusions as there may be a perfectly valid reason.

Do you remember the topic or anything about it?  A search phrase?

Hopefully Bitsapphire has everthing backed up.

All my posts are historical treasures!   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
This whole exercise is a farce. If you want consensus then you should receive it from each asset independently by allowing them to vote with their stake with the condition that I3 does not participate in the voting (and especially not with funds pegged for marketing). These rigged forum polls and on-a-whim decision making based on information buried deep in the forums are nothing but theatre.

To clarify, forum polls are rigged in the sense that they are gameable (at worst) and represent a small cross-section of people who troll the forums (at best).

Yes, but it's the best we have for a short while longer.  One result of this upgrade is that in the future we will have a consensus-based system built into the governance of the BTS Chamber of Commerce.

Try this for a mind-blowing change of perspective:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10293.msg135034#msg135034

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
PTS, RIP. You served your purpose well and you're still in my wallet. But I won't miss you.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
This whole exercise is a farce. If you want consensus then you should receive it from each asset independently by allowing them to vote with their stake with the condition that I3 does not participate in the voting (and especially not with funds pegged for marketing). These rigged forum polls and on-a-whim decision making based on information buried deep in the forums are nothing but theatre.

To clarify, forum polls are rigged in the sense that they are gameable (at worst) and represent a small cross-section of people who troll the forums (at best).

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I intend to find my first ever PTS block some days after that day... it will be of course for pure nostalgic reasons only (after all, if we do succeed killing something,  we will kill mining years before we kill the bank), but I will add that info to my 2 prime (coin) chains that netted me  about $0.00003 a piece.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:36:19 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I wonder if there will be some crazies that will continue mining even after it has lost all value... Just to preserve a piece of history. I'll definitely run my bitcoin node forever, even when it has been completely obliterated by bitshares and other second generation DACs.
PTS's difficulty is significant.
Perhaps someone could revive PTS few years ahead with more efficient hardware but I doubt it will be used anymore.
Bitshares has yet to prove itself. Bitcoin is here to stay for a long time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I wonder if there will be some crazies that will continue mining even after it has lost all value... Just to preserve a piece of history. I'll definitely run my bitcoin node forever, even when it has been completely obliterated by bitshares and other second generation DACs.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I am all for ... PARTY!

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
We are planning a PTS snapshot in two weeks on November 5th for potential use in the merger plan under discussion

This is the one year anniversary of the PTS genesis block when Super3 mined the very first block.

It could become a great day to celebrate the mining of the very last block.