Author Topic: * SNAPSHOT NOTICE *  (Read 22226 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
This whole exercise is a farce. If you want consensus then you should receive it from each asset independently by allowing them to vote with their stake with the condition that I3 does not participate in the voting (and especially not with funds pegged for marketing). These rigged forum polls and on-a-whim decision making based on information buried deep in the forums are nothing but theatre.

To clarify, forum polls are rigged in the sense that they are gameable (at worst) and represent a small cross-section of people who troll the forums (at best).

Yes, but it's the best we have for a short while longer.  One result of this upgrade is that in the future we will have a consensus-based system built into the governance of the BTS Chamber of Commerce.

Try this for a mind-blowing change of perspective:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10293.msg135034#msg135034

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
PTS, RIP. You served your purpose well and you're still in my wallet. But I won't miss you.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
This whole exercise is a farce. If you want consensus then you should receive it from each asset independently by allowing them to vote with their stake with the condition that I3 does not participate in the voting (and especially not with funds pegged for marketing). These rigged forum polls and on-a-whim decision making based on information buried deep in the forums are nothing but theatre.

To clarify, forum polls are rigged in the sense that they are gameable (at worst) and represent a small cross-section of people who troll the forums (at best).

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
Also Stan, I noticed some of your old posts have disappeared. For example, this months-old post is now gone: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4684.0

Any explanation as to why these old posts have selectively disappeared? Not jumping to conclusions as there may be a perfectly valid reason.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I intend to find my first ever PTS block some days after that day... it will be of course for pure nostalgic reasons only (after all, if we do succeed killing something,  we will kill mining years before we kill the bank), but I will add that info to my 2 prime (coin) chains that netted me  about $0.00003 a piece.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:36:19 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I wonder if there will be some crazies that will continue mining even after it has lost all value... Just to preserve a piece of history. I'll definitely run my bitcoin node forever, even when it has been completely obliterated by bitshares and other second generation DACs.
PTS's difficulty is significant.
Perhaps someone could revive PTS few years ahead with more efficient hardware but I doubt it will be used anymore.
Bitshares has yet to prove itself. Bitcoin is here to stay for a long time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I wonder if there will be some crazies that will continue mining even after it has lost all value... Just to preserve a piece of history. I'll definitely run my bitcoin node forever, even when it has been completely obliterated by bitshares and other second generation DACs.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am all for ... PARTY!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We are planning a PTS snapshot in two weeks on November 5th for potential use in the merger plan under discussion

This is the one year anniversary of the PTS genesis block when Super3 mined the very first block.

It could become a great day to celebrate the mining of the very last block.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.