Author Topic: Toast - thank you in destroying my just bought DNS  (Read 21594 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I ended up giving my liquidity in AGS for DNS shares and ended up with a loss when the price plunged since I had to sell before it loses completely their value...Not only gave away liquidity for a year but also took a loss within a window of 20 minutes from the announcement. Unbelievable...

For the record, I didn't sell any of my DNS shares to other less-informed buyers. 
I still have every last one of them.  I guess they'll be good souvenirs for the DAC Hall of Fame.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I ended up giving my liquidity in AGS for DNS shares and ended up with a loss when the price plunged since I had to sell before it loses completely their value...Not only gave away liquidity for a year but also took a loss within a window of 20 minutes from the announcement. Unbelievable...

I hope Music doesn't do the same mistake...I had very high expectations for DNS and the 3% announcement just killed all my expectations. I had no intention to sell DNS below Namecoins Market cap..

Anyway, what is done is done. There is no coming back now. If you do change the allocation again and DNS decides to compete separately all confidence in the system will be lost for ever. If you change again policy when everything has been priced in now expect people to dump all their BTSX and never come back..

In the end of the day we are for the long run. The new BTS will get stronger now once we put all emotions and frustrations on the way and DNS is implemented on the new DAC.

You still have your DNS... and Toast is still free to continue the project *AND* get share dropped. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline springlh

• View Profile
... we could gain more supporters in that DAC....
I wouldn't be so sure about that .. at least if you want to use the bitUSD, the bitCNY and all those other assets

then there is no reason to put money at a low liquid market in DNS if you can have an high liquid market at BTS(X)

I understand, people have all kinds of different ideas and this is one of the reasons that make this world funny / less boring - I believe this is the word "diversity".

You're not sure about a simple DNS DAC would be more successful than a "all in one" DAC just like I am not so sure about the "all in one" DAC will be the only successful DAC in the world....
PTS: Pu3UNPm2CbkZw8s7zreArHm472x8F3uWXj
新浪微博 - http://weibo.com/philipli

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

I hope Music doesn't do the same mistake...I had very high expectations for DNS and the 3% announcement just killed all my expectations. I had no intention to sell DNS below Namecoins Market cap..

Anyway, what is done is done. There is no coming back now. If you do change the allocation again and DNS decides to compete separately all confidence in the system will be lost for ever. If you change again policy when everything has been priced in now expect people to dump all their BTSX and never come back..

In the end of the day we are for the long run. The new BTS will get stronger now once we put all emotions and frustrations on the way and DNS is implemented on the new DAC.

Offline Sharp116

• View Profile
Toast,

Be a MAN!!

I did not approve the allocation BM posted and am furious about the crash in value. I did not see this coming and had been advising everyone that it won't matter what you held.

I am for the merger, but BM's execution seriously fucked people who supported me...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Offline GaltReport

I did not approve the allocation BM posted and am furious about the crash in value. I did not see this coming and had been advising everyone that it won't matter what you held.

I am for the merger, but BM's execution seriously fucked people who supported me...

Toast, I agree, I'm also for the merger, but the current plan is just like a swallow up to me.... I'm a big fan of the whole DNS / Keyid project and have put a lot of my money to it when the market went up to 400 satoshi....
now... bm want to "merge"?? my money to his super DAC at 150 and still think this is a good idea, sorry, I don't buy it.... it's a robbery...

We all get to choose how to look at things, I didn't take your DNS shares, I gifted you BTS stake.    DNS folks are still free to compete.
You know what, actually I think this is a good... I think a simple DNS system is even better than a "all in one" DAC.... people who need DNS / Keyid doesn't necessarily be the user of X, Music and Vote....
In fact, I think if Toast can keep on working on the DNS / Keyid project ... we could gain more supporters in that DAC....

All you have to do now is convince Toast of that.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Toast, I agree, I'm also for the merger, but the current plan is just like a swallow up to me.... I'm a big fan of the whole DNS / Keyid project and have put a lot of my money to it when the market went up to 400 satoshi....
now... bm want to "merge"?? my money to his super DAC at 150 and still think this is a good idea, sorry, I don't buy it.... it's a robbery...

We all get to choose how to look at things, I didn't take your DNS shares, I gifted you BTS stake.    DNS folks are still free to compete.
You know what, actually I think this is a good... I think a simple DNS system is even better than a "all in one" DAC.... people who need DNS / Keyid doesn't necessarily be the user of X, Music and Vote....
In fact, I think if Toast can keep on working on the DNS / Keyid project ... we could gain more supporters in that DAC....

In fact I hope that DNS continues and offers competition.  That is fine with me.   BTS is just airdropping on DNS to gain support... however, I suppose DNSers could take their windfall and invest it in competition. 

I 100% approve of competition.

But not my loyalties are not divided...

I like people who look on the bright side.
Any value that didn't get properly imported to BTS is still out there in the DNS DAC.
Great way to view it!
 :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

In fact I hope that DNS continues and offers competition.  That is fine with me.   BTS is just airdropping on DNS to gain support... however, I suppose DNSers could take their windfall and invest it in competition. 

I 100% approve of competition.

But not my loyalties are not divided...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
... we could gain more supporters in that DAC....
I wouldn't be so sure about that .. at least if you want to use the bitUSD, the bitCNY and all those other assets

then there is no reason to put money at a low liquid market in DNS if you can have an high liquid market at BTS(X)

Offline springlh

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Offline springlh

• View Profile

Offline GaltReport

Glad to hear that.  Sorry if the roll-out was not as smooth as it could have been.

Offline davidpbrown

It seems obvious but perhaps worth stating, that it is hard to see that the change in DNS price is anything of a loss of faith in DNS but rather it is very much about anxiety of too much change and uncertainty. Once whatever is to happen is confirmed, I for one will be looking to buy DNS but it's too much confusion at the moment.

What they expected in the way it was presented, I do no know. There are too many elements of proposals all presented as one and should have been presented as individual points from the start.

Whether DNS is separate chain or asset on BTS chain doesn't matter.. all within BTS, seems odd to me - how will we have any sense the real value of DNS and KeyID? Are we to expect that other bigger egos will take all the credit for the value in BTS??
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Toast, can you give us a quick take on what your ideal buyout would be?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."