Author Topic: Theft incident happened on bit-u.com @ DigitalOcean  (Read 27367 times)

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile
Please, dont. Paying him you are encouraging more people to shout and cry.

I am doing this to help silfax out because his courage of staying here cleaning up the mess is commendable. I also feel partially responsible because I created this thread, probably a little bit prematurely.

I believe very few can reach the level of annoyance TwoKoolFourSkewl achieved, it feels like a school kid just lost his lunch money and made a big scene out of it.

Anyway, I am locking this thread so for future cry babies, please take your matter elsewhere.

Offline Alcor

• View Profile
How much BTC was lost? 34 or so? I'm pretty sure Silfax can easily cover that amount himself because I know he's been in this game for a while now. I had 67.876 PTS worth of coins on the exchange and received 39.36836715 PTS back, so I'm still expecting to receive about 28.5 PTS back in my wallet. My wallet address is in my sig below, I don't care about receiving 1 PTS more or less but I can't accept losing the entire 28.5 PTS that were stolen from me. Please consider that those of us who have lost more than a few dollars have every reason to be upset.
PpHcHqL1teSumfYHugSvkikzoiowtczyWn

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
42% of royalblue137@gmx.com's final balance is 44.8945637 PTS.

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• Easy as One, Too, Three...
    • View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
Sure marketp2p, I have no problem if you want to take on Silfax's responsibilities.  Send 44.89080537 protoshares to PqNMYYkjagWKaxShxpX4ussz7mkmcu7mpN and 0.0000463 bitcoin to 1KHzhFDZv7wzc95TCcGEkh4TrCLirbi5z7.

I'll pay if:   
  a) You stop whining about this on this forum.
  b) Silfax can confirm this is the correct amount he owes you.

Also, I don't think paying 0.0000463 btc makes any sense because it's less than the required network transaction fee.

I'm not whining, but if you pay me, I will quit talking about it.  With 0.0000463 btc, I could have purchased 0.00463 protoshares @ the rate of 0.01 btc/pts.

44.89080537 pts + 0.00463 (bitcoin converted into pts) = 44.89543537 protoshares

Send 44.89543537 pts to PqNMYYkjagWKaxShxpX4ussz7mkmcu7mpN.
RippleGiveaway.com - Home of the Ripple Faucet!

Offline yago

• View Profile
I'll pay if:   

Please, dont. Paying him you are encouraging more people to shout and cry.
http://bitsharestalk.org/donate.html  <---- Donate to the BitShares Forum ----> PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile
Sure marketp2p, I have no problem if you want to take on Silfax's responsibilities.  Send 44.89080537 protoshares to PqNMYYkjagWKaxShxpX4ussz7mkmcu7mpN and 0.0000463 bitcoin to 1KHzhFDZv7wzc95TCcGEkh4TrCLirbi5z7.

I'll pay if:   
  a) You stop whining about this on this forum.
  b) Silfax can confirm this is the correct amount he owes you.

Also, I don't think paying 0.0000463 btc makes any sense because it's less than the required network transaction fee.

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
Bitshirehashaway,

Obviously, you're incapable of comprehending the written word.  I said it wasn't his customers' problem that he got hacked and that he is stealing from his customers to pay his liabilities.  This of course is assuming he really got hacked, which I find highly questionable.  Why did he put a deadline on claiming your "58%" redemption (which wasn't really 58%)?  He's never stated he's filed a police report.  He expects us to believe that someone hacked a website thats ONLY function was serving as a PTS/BTC exchange and they didn't know what protoshares were and didn't think they were worth stealing?  Really?!  lol

I'm sure he took the bitcoin.  I KNOW FOR A FACT that he stole other peoples' protoshares to pay for his liabilities.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:56:30 am by TwoKoolFourSkewl »

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
Well said, bitshirehashaway.

At this point, I don't believe this is a self-directed show made by silfax, I have to give him some credit in handling this situation.

@TwoKoolFourSkewl:  Money is not everything, please don't overplay your victim card.
Put up your address, I'll pay for him, if that can make you shut up.

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile

At this point, I don't believe this is a self-directed show made by silfax, I have to give him some credit in handling this situation.

@TwoKoolFourSkewl:  Money is not everything, please don't overplay your victim card.

Thanks,
Yes he seems to be working pretty hard to handle the situation.

Also, I'm not too sure you want to give away a few hundred $ because someone wined a bunch but that is your choice :)

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:23:39 pm by marketp2p »

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile
You're assuming he still has those funds and they weren't taken from him - like he said.

Not everyone can just pay for the funds out of their own pocket and it will take time. I actually agree with him giving everyone 58% of their funds rather than giving the Bitcoin people nothing and the PTS people everything. I also liked bytemaster's idea of having everyone post what percent of a haircut their willing to get and those willing to get the largest haircut getting paid back first.

You guys have said you're willing to be patient yet here you are nagging at him constantly. I managed to get all my PTS & BTC out of the exchange before this happened - with has supported a lesson someone told me a while ago when I was first getting involved - you're PTS and BTC are much safer with you in your wallet (hence why I'm currently unhappy that Bter is blocking PTS withdrawals for me).

I believe Silfax should do the haircut thing and try and pay back as many people as possible. He should then figure out how much he owes people and begin working his best to pay that back.

I think nagging at him or telling him he needs to file for bankruptcy or stuff like that - no matter how valid it may be - will just encourage him to walk away (since you guys don't know his real name so it will be difficult for you to track him) and then just put it all behind him. And that I'm certainly guessing is what you guys don't want to happen.

Plus if he can determine it was a DO employee he can most likely sue DO for reimbursement at current prices (which means you all would have made some profit while waiting because of stable PTS prices but rising BTC prices.

And to Silfax: If you need any help at tracking down people PM me details. I personally am not the best but I have some friends who are very good at getting around these kind of hidden things. These are white hat guys though, so you'll need to include solid evidence for a good reason for them to be doing this hacking/tracing down.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:00:26 pm by bitshirehashaway »

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
When the exchange closed there was a buy in for 300 PTS @ .009(2.7 BTC) and maybe 2 more buys for a total of around .05 BTC.  There were several hundred PTS still on the board, I estimate 300-500.  These are all now in Silfax hand along with all the profits made while the exchange was running.

Silfax, maybe you'd like to tell us what you did with these funds?

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
How was I supposed to know that it got moved to bit-u? Wtf?

That's a GOOD QUESTION!

I don't even know why there was a deadline to get your partial redemption!  The deadline was 6 AM EST today.  IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A WAY FOR HIM TO STEAL EVEN MORE MONEY!

Silfax said everyone would get a 58% reimbursement of their bitcoin and protoshares balance.  Even those that withdrew before the deadline didn't get 58% of their combined balances returned.

I'm figuring up how much Silfax stole from everyone. -> http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1101.0

Offline red

• View Profile
How was I supposed to know that it got moved to bit-u? Wtf?

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile
marketp2p - there was a notice to cancel your orders before withdrawing, but I see that your order is still there, so I'll send you a PM about you getting that back.
PM replied. Thanks.