Author Topic: Delete Account  (Read 12201 times)

Offline svk

I have a similar question. Is it possible to create a subaccount in a wallet that does not contain the "top-level" account? Could I create and register a subaccount and then move it using riverhead's step 1 and 2?

Cannot do it today, but I would like to give the ability to hide and/or group accounts.
Hu!?

AFAIK what svk asks for should work ...

1) go to your empty wallet ..
2) create you subaccount foo.bar
3) get the account pubkey for it
4) got to the wallet that contains the mother account
5) add a local contact for the subaccount with the corresponding pubkey/name .. foo.bar
6) register the local contact
7) done!

however .. you will not be able to "recreate" the subaccount's private key from the mother account's private key ..

TL;DR; .. it's 'messy' :)

I can confirm this works as outlined by Xeroc (tested for BTS), thanks!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I have a similar question. Is it possible to create a subaccount in a wallet that does not contain the "top-level" account? Could I create and register a subaccount and then move it using riverhead's step 1 and 2?

Cannot do it today, but I would like to give the ability to hide and/or group accounts.
Hu!?

AFAIK what svk asks for should work ...

1) go to your empty wallet ..
2) create you subaccount foo.bar
3) get the account pubkey for it
4) got to the wallet that contains the mother account
5) add a local contact for the subaccount with the corresponding pubkey/name .. foo.bar
6) register the local contact
7) done!

however .. you will not be able to "recreate" the subaccount's private key from the mother account's private key ..

TL;DR; .. it's 'messy' :)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
1) Dump the private key of the account you want.
2) Create a new wallet and import that private key.
3) Forget about the first wallet.
That doesn't really delete the account, though. You just can't access it anymore.

Correct. So far there is no way to delete an account once created. I find this method useful though because the more accounts are in a wallet the worse performance gets.

Let's rephrase:

you cannot delete accounts that you have REGISTERED on the blockchain. they will always be known to the blockchain
accounts that are just local can be deleted by deleting the local wallet ...

Offline Riverhead

That doesn't really delete the account, though. You just can't access it anymore.

Correct. So far there is no way to delete an account once created. I find this method useful though because the more accounts are in a wallet the worse performance gets.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
UNLESS you have market orders .. (BIDs and AKSs or SHORTs) .. then you better keep your wallet file!!
or .. you cancel all orders .. and move ALL funds to yourself once .. so that they are regular transactions and not market transactions .. then you are good to go with Riverheads proposal!

Offline Riverhead

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
but it would be great if there is a filter on the gui that hide zero balanced accounts....
Agreed ... put it into here
https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
but it would be great if there is a filter on the gui that hide zero balanced accounts....

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hi,

I have ended up with two accounts in my wallet and would like to delete one of them - how do I go about it ?

Regards
Trippy
not possible at the current time .. why would you even want to .. maybe you can need it someday .. just keep it .. doesn't hurt .. I have 50+ accounts in my wallet :)

Offline TrippyPippy

• View Profile
Hi,

I have ended up with two accounts in my wallet and would like to delete one of them - how do I go about it ?

Regards
Trippy