Author Topic: are you for or against the LOCKING OF PTS/DNS/VOTE  (Read 8456 times)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
PTS is liquid and will remain liquid. 
PTS is receiving a gradual snapshot as features are implemented on a time table that is similar to when PTS would have received their snapshots.
PTS is receiving retro-active snapshot to several DACs that they were not expecting to get any cut in.   

PTS is getting a very good deal compared to the reality they were facing before... 10 relatively illiquid DACs with divided dev teams competing with each other released over several years.

Offline spoonman

• View Profile
PTS should have no lock-in.
DNS, VOTE should invest at set level every month, not years. Maybe 10%or maybe 5% a month.
AGS locked in for two half after year...

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I hold several 100k's of BTSX and I trust BM. Let him do his thing, made me nice profits so far.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Fact is that most of PTS's value post nov-5 will be moved into BTS by bm's proposal. That part of PTS's value is made illiquid.

The fact that PTS as a coin remains untouched is irrelevant. Furthermore, it is questionable if PTS will actually remain liquid, because with the severe drop in value PTS mining will no longer be economically viable.

Edit: funny how you redefine your own proposals:
2) End PTS...  BitShares will evolve to incorporate every possible feature that stakeholders vote on.
6) Bring in one last PTS snapshot also valued at $5 million for another 10% dilution of BTSX... 6 months until funds could be spent... buy out this competition and end PTS.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:14:36 pm by pc »
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
lock pts is kidnap
your PTS will not be locked .. they will still sit in your PTS wallet .. I don't see the issue!

you are airdropped from your PTS int BTS .. those are locked ..

but no one is "kidnapping" your PTS .. that's just not possible!

Offline bytemaster

PTS is liquid and will remain liquid. 
PTS is receiving a gradual snapshot as features are implemented on a time table that is similar to when PTS would have received their snapshots.
PTS is receiving retro-active snapshot to several DACs that they were not expecting to get any cut in.   

PTS is getting a very good deal compared to the reality they were facing before... 10 relatively illiquid DACs with divided dev teams competing with each other released over several years.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline crzme

• View Profile

Offline Mako

• View Profile

Offline su573895191

• View Profile
why lock my dns pts,I want to trade, this is my authority.
为什么锁定 我的dns 和pts, 我想交易就交易,这个是我的权力

agree

Offline zhao150

• 老子早就不想当代表了
    • View Profile
against the LOCKING OF PTS/DNS/VOTE
老子早就不想当代表了

Offline dcchong

• View Profile
Wrong topic. Why tie PTS, DNS and VOTE all together?

I think only PTS should enjoy the immediate liquidity, while all other types including AGS, DNS, and VOTE, should have a locking period, since DNS and VOTE don't even have primitive products yet. Even though DNS is liquid right now, it is no more than a future promise. But I do think that DNS was undervalued at 3% valuation. 5% sounds more reasonable.

Even though DNS and VOTE don't even have primitive products yet, 2 years is too looooooong~~~. So my proposal is :

DNS start 30%,
VOTE start 30%,
PTS start 100%,
ags start 0%.

Translated

I have a little
I have a little
I have a F$%k ton
I have none

I have a little,  YES, but I sold a lot at 0.009 above, and sold others at 0.004 above, so none
I have a little,  YES
I have a F$%k ton,  NONE
I have none,  I AM A AGSER!

Suoyi, qing bu yao zi zuo cong ming!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:37:47 pm by dcchong »
wallet_approve_delegate dc-delegate true
wallet_approve_delegate bitsharesx-delegate true

Offline bytemaster

There are still snapshots for PTS planned by Play so PTS will go on for its own sake...

Huh??? I thought the whole point of your proposal was to have one Super-DAC?
If PTS will stay alive and will still be used by future DACs, the why integrate it into BTS?

Future DACs by *OTHERS*.... I am not providing any time on Play it is 100% on Hack Fisher to run that one.   It is being designed, built, and marketed in China and obviously has bad press to be associated with gaming. 

The key is that our team will not be spending our time supporting Play other than the 1 time grant to Hack Fisher.   It is already under development and fully independent.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
There are still snapshots for PTS planned by Play so PTS will go on for its own sake...

Huh??? I thought the whole point of your proposal was to have one Super-DAC?
If PTS will stay alive and will still be used by future DACs, the why integrate it into BTS?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I'm all for locking whatever they want to lock. I sold all my PTS/DNS yesterday as soon as I realized what was happening, so I have no personal reason to oppose locking. One benefit of locking is that it would give newcomers a chance to buy in to BTS cheaply, since the relative price of PTS would be so low due to the liquidity premium of BTSX.

This would also let long-term BTS bulls increase their holdings by trading their BTSX for relatively cheap PTS or DNS.

I like the idea of a shorter vesting period for DNS because that token is supposed to be tied to specific features that we're likely to see implemented soon.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."