Author Topic: Full steam ahead! :)  (Read 1393 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Watch out for "compensate DNS holders on BTER" threads.

More of this charity fund will go to BTER because btc38 has announced they can do a retroactive snapshot for us to pay back from I3's stake.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% .. well said!

Offline bobb

• View Profile
The Bitshares Team is sitting on a flying rocket while building and fixing it at the same time. And that is a damn hard job.
From my perspective they are doing a really good job. Sure, sometimes they screw up. But who doesn't.
But it is not the screw up that matters, it is how you handle it.

If you ever launched your own start-up you know that everything is changing on a daily basis.
You have more investors, users, contractors, partners, lawyers..  than you would have ever imagined.
You learn on a daily basis.

Did the allocation work out best for my interests (alot of DNS@bter)? Not so much. Does it make me mad or angry? No.
Because Dan and Toast tried everything to make it right. I could blame bter for the withdrawal limits but I won't:

It's true that perspective matters. So in the worst case the extra BTS will go directly to bter.
Which is (afaik) the most supportive exchange for the Bitshares ecosystem.

I was avidly arguing against the DNS allocation, because it wasn't right. Was I personally compensated much, yet?
Not really. But I understand why and that is what was lacking before.

So all I ask the people who feel betrayed is to think about is how hard it is to optimize a highly dynamic system in real time while being traded live at the markets.
I guess sometimes you can't make everyone happy. You can just try to make it right for most people.
If you then go the extra mile for the minority which was left out - which you and others did (compensation/fund) - it deserves a lot of respect.

What I am doing next? Buying BTSX and setting up delegates (I guess I have to upgrade them soon :)

Thanks everyone! Hope you are holding up well. Full steam ahead!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:52:49 pm by bobb »