Author Topic: Stop arguing percentages and look at the bigger picture.  (Read 13284 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I'm a cheerleader, yes. Not for Dan though, my allegiance lies with blockchain technology and nowhere else. The superDAC happens to be the optimal incarnation of blockchain tech, and Dan is the harbinger that will made it manifest into this world. This is the real beginning of what Satoshi started, and how de we celebrate this event? With forum drama. I just can't help but find it embarrassing.

There is going to be forum drama when some poeple just took a huge loss and others didnt.

Hopefully Bytemaster's new modification will make everyone happy and we can all move forward together.

What Ander is talking about: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10381.0
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline gamey

• View Profile

You act like being an early adopter is a privilege, that you deserve everything you can get your hands on. Let me tell you it is not. It is a gift, maybe the greatest gift anyone has ever received - and it is time that you take on the responsibility that goes along with it.

I'm a cheerleader, yes. Not for Dan though, my allegiance lies with blockchain technology and nowhere else. The superDAC happens to be the optimal incarnation of blockchain tech, and Dan is the harbinger that will made it manifest into this world. This is the real beginning of what Satoshi started, and how de we celebrate this event? With forum drama. I just can't help but find it embarrassing.

The bolded is embarrassing.  Then telling everyone they are lucky.  No, we were smart and took the largest risks.  Your ass kissing is disgusting and probably has some motive down the road.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

There is going to be forum drama when some poeple just took a huge loss and others didnt.

Hopefully Bytemaster's new modification will make everyone happy and we can all move forward together.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
You act like being an early adopter is a privilege, that you deserve everything you can get your hands on. Let me tell you it is not. It is a gift, maybe the greatest gift anyone has ever received - and it is time that you take on the responsibility that goes along with it.

I think we are seeing "true colors" from a lot of people, out on display for all the community to see. Who can handle the intensity of the reality of what needs to be done? I am most impressed by the ones that haveaccepted this reality, even though it may have meant a temporary personal "loss". My observation is that those who hold most tightly to their "expectations", are the ones who cry the loudest when they find out the world does not revolve around them.

I'm getting sick of Rune's thinly hidden cheerleading.  The account is not even a month old and this person is condescending to people who have been around far longer, done far more, and bought into something completely different.

He is telling us same cheerleading we heard before he was even around.

It was not an honor or a privilege to have been early investors.  We did this by making the correct decisions.  Make those correct decisions required labor and intelligence.  We worked for it.  You probably came around after seeing BTSX on coinmarketcap.  So save your bullshit for others.

As for everything else it seems fairly close to a done deal.  I'm not happy, but mainly it is over the cultural shift.  It is likely required and likely a good thing.  I just don't understand what exactly these "mergers" mean or what exactly they imply and it is a source of my irritation. The value equation is very complicated and depends on a lot of small factors which have been vague and scattered about.

In the end I'd ask people to start being nicer.  I'm sure Dan never really wanted it to turn out like this, and it really is as much a proactive move as reactive I believe.  Yesterday I had a lot little jabs and snide posts.  It is hard not to be that way.  For me this pivot makes it harder to be a rah-rah fanboy as my vision isn't as much aligned with this single DAC centric one.  I'd imagine it is like being a sports fan (whatever thats like) and seeing your whole team just die on the field.  Ok.. not really.. I'm kidding.. Seriously though I will try to be more positive.  We'll see where she goes as I can't see any other project as worthy of my time.  :|

Offline spoonman

• View Profile

I think we are seeing "true colors" from a lot of people, out on display for all the community to see. Who can handle the intensity of the reality of what needs to be done? I am most impressed by the ones that haveaccepted this reality, even though it may have meant a temporary personal "loss". My observation is that those who hold most tightly to their "expectations", are the ones who cry the loudest when they find out the world does not revolve around them.

I'm getting sick of Rune's thinly hidden cheerleading.  The account is not even a month old and this person is condescending to people who have been around far longer, done far more, and bought into something completely different.

It was not an honor or a privilege to have been early investors.  We did this by making the correct decisions.  Make those correct decisions required labor and intelligence.  We worked for it.  You probably came around after seeing BTSX on coinmarketcap.  So save your bullshit for others.

As for everything else it seems fairly close to a done deal.  I'm not happy, but mainly it is over the cultural shift.  It is likely required and likely a good thing.  I just don't understand what exactly these "mergers" mean or what exactly they imply and it is a source of my irritation. The value equation is very complicated and depends on a lot of small factors which have been vague and scattered about.

In the end I'd ask people to start being nicer.  I'm sure Dan never really wanted it to turn out like this, and it really is as much a proactive move as reactive I believe.  Yesterday I had a lot little jabs and snide posts.  It is hard not to be that way.  For me this pivot makes it harder to be a rah-rah fanboy as my vision isn't as much aligned with this single DAC centric one.  I'd imagine it is like being a sports fan (whatever thats like) and seeing your whole team just die on the field.  Ok.. not really.. I'm kidding.. Seriously though I will try to be more positive.  We'll see where she goes as I can't see any other project as worthy of my time.  :|

As early investors we also took the biggest risks.

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline spoonman

• View Profile
I'm tired of seeing all the squealing and moaning about percentage this and percentage that, and the petty infighting of people who complain they didn't get enough of the pie, arguing that they should get more of some other guys piece.

Look at the bigger picture. Look at what we are making.

A couple of years from now, you will have wealth that is completely unfathomable to you now. It will not make any difference if your current stake is cut in half, or cut into tenths - you will have more money than you could ever possibly spend.

The last thing BM and the team need to worry about right now are people moaning on the forums. There are space ships to build, and until they're built and safely in interstellar space there is no time to spend on ANYTHING else.

You got in at the ground. Now help build the ground floor. And then the top floor. And then the biggest freaking crypto-rocket the world has ever seen.

If you want to take on your responsibility as a stakeholder, then go read the thread about transparency measures (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10301.0) and help envision how YOU, as a stakeholder, can help govern this ship.

Personally, if they don't get this right, there is no future here. No one will trust BTS. It will not have value, value is made by what people are willing to pay.

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline valtr

• View Profile
I'm tired of seeing all the squealing and moaning about percentage this and percentage that, and the petty infighting of people who complain they didn't get enough of the pie, arguing that they should get more of some other guys piece.

Look at the bigger picture. Look at what we are making.

A couple of years from now, you will have wealth that is completely unfathomable to you now. It will not make any difference if your current stake is cut in half, or cut into tenths - you will have more money than you could ever possibly spend.

The last thing BM and the team need to worry about right now are people moaning on the forums. There are space ships to build, and until they're built and safely in interstellar space there is no time to spend on ANYTHING else.

You got in at the ground. Now help build the ground floor. And then the top floor. And then the biggest freaking crypto-rocket the world has ever seen.

If you want to take on your responsibility as a stakeholder, then go read the thread about transparency measures (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10301.0) and help envision how YOU, as a stakeholder, can help govern this ship.
Wise words! I am here since december 2013. Every change is discussed who will gain more, that BM and 3I promised and now....  Remember start of AGS etc. I care about each BTS,PTS,AGS in my wallet, but my only real concern is development of Bitshares.  Without first class team it will be soon worthless.

Offline Riverhead

Smart people making difficult decisions along an unpaved road.

BTS' new motto?

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile

+5% +5%

I see people looking to pay for some of their unrealized expectations on top of what was a less than graceful week.
I saw DNS and bought at with the intention of holding for well over 1000 satoshi's and ended up loosing a fair amount of the value because of the postings, but I didn't put myself in a situation where I was gambling everything on DNS rising which I think other people may have. People who went all in on BTSX before the launch were risking quite a bit as well. Also, what happened after the launch of the exchange? Didn't BTSX fall below the price MOST if not ALL of the AGS/PTS pre feb 28 snapshot people paid for it? I believe it did and there was less of an outcry because I think no one knew what to expect and now all of a sudden many people feel entitled to value rather than understanding this is unpredictable and still in growing stages.

I'm proud to be a part of something that is changing, it feels like a young vibrant adaptive company, and that's what I believe in. Smart people making difficult decisions along an unpaved road.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Well said, Rune. The bigger picture is that we're all getting shares in the next Google. That's the self-interested aspect. Beyond profit, we are getting a better, stronger chance to impact the world in a positive way.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I disagree. 

percentages matter.

All of the percentages were at least close to fair except DNS, which got severely lowballed. 
It wasnt fair to DNS, and they are rightfully pissed about it.

A 50% loss is a big deal, no matter what, and its insulting to those that were just hurt to say that it was not.

(I personally was not hurt by this, just trying to stick up for everyone who was).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero