Author Topic: How are DACs going to keep up with updates?  (Read 2589 times)

Offline freeworld

• View Profile
Bitshares should not require frequent updates once bugs are fixed. 

Yes it works like namecoin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.  Seems like Protoshares could really take off, bought 1 btc worth so far (about 56 PTS)!

Keep up the good work guys.!

Offline bytemaster

Bitshares should not require frequent updates once bugs are fixed. 

Yes it works like namecoin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline freeworld

• View Profile
Hello all!

Really love the idea here just have some questions.

If DACs function like bitcoin (decentralized miners), how are updates going to be handled for DACs that would require frequent updating?  Surely something like bitshares (a decentralized p2p exchange) would need to be updated much more frequently than bitcoin.  Wouldn't every update need to be accepted by the majority of these decentralized miners and reviewed first?

Unless I'm missing something here the only successful DACs I see are ones that don't require frequent code updates otherwise a centralized competitor has the upper hand.  Also, to use the services of a DAC (say bitshares or Keyhotee) one has to pay using the currency of that DAC? (like how you need namecoins to register a .bit domain?) Could someone clarify please?