Author Topic: Perspective is Everything  (Read 15539 times)

Offline CNMBM

• View Profile
BM do you think you are god, can decide everything?

Offline roadscape

Yep.. we are moving toward much more controlled PR.... but unfortunately that means my posting around here will have to stop (or be greatly reduced) and things will have to move slower.

-5%
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline bytemaster

The forum will remain important... this will be a gradual change as part of the rebranding and marketing campaign.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
If only you can do this article in the first place to laid down all the facts and let people to digest before you make the proposal......
If only you can communicate with other devs first....

:'(

Bad management and business and PR part,I'll say.

It does not had to happened.

Yep.. we are moving toward much more controlled PR.... but unfortunately that means my posting around here will have to stop (or be greatly reduced) and things will have to move slower.

If that helps with the development and public image,and that's what it takes,that should be it.
That kind of stuff should be handled in a more professional way.That's what a 50 million company should do.

You can post a thousand news without compromising the PR image.You can post about "how fast I've made the DPOS","what kind of function I want to add on the menu",that's cool,man.But something that's related to the business itself,you should not tread lightly.

The world is changing,BTS is changing,you need to adapt as well.

If BM stops posting, then he will no longer have the advantage of crowd intelligence, and will instead have to rely upon insular "developers" to find consensus. Seems like that would increase the time BM needs to make decisions, and decrease the quality of the feedback on which the decision is made.

If BM does not stop posting... then investors and speculators will have to get used to the up and downs of this new business.

We need a solution that maintains Dan's access to the forum's brain bank without spooking the market.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:50:30 pm by werneo »

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
If only you can do this article in the first place to laid down all the facts and let people to digest before you make the proposal......

It's sad that it had to come to that point. Your input is highly valued around here, and to be able to witness the evolution of your vision over time, post by post, was very interesting.

Unfortunately, a lot of people will panic sell for an interpretation they have of a single post. Then it has a cascading effect and then a lot more get on panic mode.

As Stan said, due diligence is everyone's responsibility.

Offline davidpbrown

This is a useful post from BM (?perhaps sticky it) but the obvious question that it prompts is how vunerable are each of the DACs to the numbers of devs available.

I don't know, if a simple statement of which devs are now working on which DAC can be made available so we better understand the risk and opportunities.

If BM can move markets like this, are there other stresses relative to the number of devs available to each DAC that need resolving or supporting? If the dev pool really is smaller than perception, then obviously that is all the more reason to draw everything together and provide a strong base from which to work as one.

As Mars.Walker noted context is important.  +5%

Also nothing wrong with moving slower!!.. consistent and steady progress, is really good for confidence.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:40:41 pm by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Here we go .. I told you guys that will happen if you start complaining about it ..

:(  .. hope you will continue the mumble hangouts

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
People gave us money "no strings attached" to build these things.

I'm sure AGS holders will disagree there. How far the social consensus can be called 'legally binding' is beyond my qualifications, though.
Same for buyers of PTS.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
 +5% to the post and I hope BM that you know by now that I fully support whatever the outcome of this experiment and whatever the losses some times.

Losses hopefully are short term. BTS will be competing with bitcoin one day. But if we want this day to come we need to start act accordingly. No one (except your long term supporters including myself) seeing DNS plunging by 50% within minutes, when most people had their stakes unclaimed for a reason (expecting DNS to be valued much more) will trust BTS for whatever the reason be. just my 2 btsx..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline russkroe

• View Profile
Perspective is everything, there is no "objective" right thing to do in this case.  The stories we choose to tell ourselves affect how we feel about things. 

So here is a perspective for your consideration.

BTSX, VOTE, DNS, AGS, and PTS are all separate groups of people each of which wants something from *me* whether I owe them anything or not.    They all want me to do, say, or build something that makes them money.  Now the reality is that my goal is to build the best toolkit and keep pushing things forward on that front.  People gave us money "no strings attached" to build these things.   Other people took my work on the toolkit and turned it into BTSX.   I gave grants to DNS & Play.   Everyone else is an independent group of people speculating on an asset that they know is not a security, has no legally binding promises, and is a hope.

All of these groups represents a "team" or "tribe" that wants me to play for them and no one wants me to play "against them" in the competitive free market.   

So the first team that made a bid for my attention was VOTE.... vote offered me and everyone on our team a large stake along with PTS / AGS... but offered BTSX nothing.   This was a fair and legitimate way for me to go... after delivering on BTSX core features and spending funds donated prior to BTSX snapshot.   But it would have made team BTSX very upset at losing their key players for long term growth even though plans were in place to allow BTSX to steal all of the work paid for by team VOTE for free. 

So the next thing I did is propose a bid for my attention that would bring everyone under one roof.  Who's call is it?  Mine.  Do I get to be arbitrary? Yes because I get to chose which project I work on.  So it comes down to me negotiating with BTSX on the terms of the deal.   I effectively ask BTSX to share drop on the competition as a means of motivating but not requiring them to join us. 

So team BTSX got my attention and every other team got something out of the deal.   DNS + VOTE could still exist and could still compete.  We didn't actually *buy* their stake, we just honored it with no strings attached.  Did they get a "fair price"... well, a gift is certainly fair.   

Now DNS is faced with a challenge on how to develop, grow, and hire talent.  They are free to form a team, hire developers, and make a go.  Nothing has been taken from them except their project lead has handed it off.   They are free to plunder all the work we do on BTS and thus have much cheaper development cost... so all DNS must pay for is marketing.   

If DNS wants to get talent back it would likely have to dilute significantly to hire someone to take the helm.... I believe Toast is even willing to hand over 100% of the Dev fund and I will gladly give my and I3 stake in DNS to the new management.

So there you go... change the perspective and it changes the perception of "fair".   

Now back to work on making BTS great. 

+5%

Offline bytemaster

Perspective is everything, there is no "objective" right thing to do in this case.  The stories we choose to tell ourselves affect how we feel about things. 

So here is a perspective for your consideration.

BTSX, VOTE, DNS, AGS, and PTS are all separate groups of people each of which wants something from *me* whether I owe them anything or not.    They all want me to do, say, or build something that makes them money.  Now the reality is that my goal is to build the best toolkit and keep pushing things forward on that front.  People gave us money "no strings attached" to build these things.   Other people took my work on the toolkit and turned it into BTSX.   I gave grants to DNS & Play.   Everyone else is an independent group of people speculating on an asset that they know is not a security, has no legally binding promises, and is a hope.

All of these groups represents a "team" or "tribe" that wants me to play for them and no one wants me to play "against them" in the competitive free market.   

So the first team that made a bid for my attention was VOTE.... vote offered me and everyone on our team a large stake along with PTS / AGS... but offered BTSX nothing.   This was a fair and legitimate way for me to go... after delivering on BTSX core features and spending funds donated prior to BTSX snapshot.   But it would have made team BTSX very upset at losing their key players for long term growth even though plans were in place to allow BTSX to steal all of the work paid for by team VOTE for free. 

So the next thing I did is propose a bid for my attention that would bring everyone under one roof.  Who's call is it?  Mine.  Do I get to be arbitrary? Yes because I get to chose which project I work on.  So it comes down to me negotiating with BTSX on the terms of the deal.   I effectively ask BTSX to share drop on the competition as a means of motivating but not requiring them to join us. 

So team BTSX got my attention and every other team got something out of the deal.   DNS + VOTE could still exist and could still compete.  We didn't actually *buy* their stake, we just honored it with no strings attached.  Did they get a "fair price"... well, a gift is certainly fair.   

Now DNS is faced with a challenge on how to develop, grow, and hire talent.  They are free to form a team, hire developers, and make a go.  Nothing has been taken from them except their project lead has handed it off.   They are free to plunder all the work we do on BTS and thus have much cheaper development cost... so all DNS must pay for is marketing.   

If DNS wants to get talent back it would likely have to dilute significantly to hire someone to take the helm.... I believe Toast is even willing to hand over 100% of the Dev fund and I will gladly give my and I3 stake in DNS to the new management.

So there you go... change the perspective and it changes the perception of "fair".   

Now back to work on making BTS great.