Author Topic: Can someone give a summary of what is going on re: PTS/AGS -> BTS  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Although I am all for simplification of the Bitshares brands, I have invested in PTS from early on on the basis that its "social contract" gives me a stake in *all* future DACs by Invictus. Will this "social contract" continue or is it considered obsolete once PTS has been merged with (and diluted) BTS?

I'm also having a somewhat difficult time understanding the upcoming changes, so please correct/enlighten.

Thank you.

The Social Consensus is a forum-derived agreement about what this community thinks is honorable developer behavior.  We make our recommendations and try to keep them up-to-date as technology advances.

If you review this post on BitShares Sharedrop Theory http://bitshares.org/bitshares-airdrop-theory/ you'll see the underlying developer motivation is targeting supporter demographics favorable to their business model.  PTS, AGS, and BTS are now three of the very best demographic mailing lists they should consider.

Since all developers are independent agents, they are free to sharedrop on any demographic they think will help bootstrap their new business.  This community is free to support or shun them as they see fit.

Again.  Decentralization has been achieved.  I3 is not required to make people do the right things.  Its up to market forces.  Hopefully we have engineered the incentives well.  Time will tell.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

MessyCoin

Although I am all for simplification of the Bitshares brands, I have invested in PTS from early on on the basis that its "social contract" gives me a stake in *all* future DACs by Invictus. Will this "social contract" continue or is it considered obsolete once PTS has been merged with (and diluted) BTS?

I'm also having a somewhat difficult time understanding the upcoming changes, so please correct/enlighten.

Thank you.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
New chain (BTS) that will fork from BTSX and honor PTS, DNS, VOTE, and AGS... simple upgrade and exchanges will simply rename BTSX to BTS. 

Buy BTSX gives you 1:1 stake in BTS.... and you just upgrade your wallet.
Buy PTS gives will give you a slight advantage if you are willing to let your funds vest over 2 years.
Buy DNS gives will give you a similar advantage if you are willing to let your funds vest over 2 years.
BitAssets, Accounts, and User Issued assets are unaffected.

I will only be focusing on BTS and it will incorporate the features of DNS, KeyID, BTSX, VOTE and Ethereum on one chain called BitShares (BTS). 

Play/Music are currently planning their own separate chains that will borrow our technology but still plan to honor PTS/AGS.

*note....whether or not the PTS/DNS price reflects a fair discount is hard to say. 

PTS & DNS will continue as a chains that must find and grow the own community and leaders.

Moon is for pussies.

Real men go interstellar.

julian1

I will only be focusing on BTS and it will incorporate the features of DNS, KeyID, BTSX, VOTE and Ethereum on one chain called BitShares (BTS).   

I'm new to bitshares/x, but it sees like a very good move to consolidate features at the level of underlying platform/chain. To build upon the "killer-app" promise of BTSX and the capability of pegging external assets now that this capability is proven. The split bitshares versus bitshares-x terminology is also a very complicated message for outsiders to try to digest.

Turing completeness (Ethereum) on the blockchain is a fascinating concept, but the approach taken by the ethereum project - trying to implement compilers for common high-level languages, seems far wider in scope than necessary.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It will look just like a wallet update where the X gets dropped in the GUI.  The markets and accounts will not miss a beat.
However .. the new shares will be dropped in via hard fork .. kind of like a genesis 2.0 ..

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

So will the BitsharesX client be replaced by a new BTS client or will the current client have features added to it?

It will look just like a wallet update where the X gets dropped in the GUI.  The markets and accounts will not miss a beat.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile

So will the BitsharesX client be replaced by a new BTS client or will the current client have features added to it?
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Good concise summary but is Etherium now part of bitshares?
aehm .. not ..
but BTS will have a turing complete scripting language .. so they will have some of the features of ethereum too .. (maybe not all .. not sure)

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Good concise summary but is Etherium now part of bitshares?

Offline idealist

• View Profile
Thanks! 

So basically you're simplifying things by consolidating DACs on to one BitShares blockchain?

Offline bytemaster

New chain (BTS) that will fork from BTSX and honor PTS, DNS, VOTE, and AGS... simple upgrade and exchanges will simply rename BTSX to BTS. 

Buy BTSX gives you 1:1 stake in BTS.... and you just upgrade your wallet.
Buy PTS gives will give you a slight advantage if you are willing to let your funds vest over 2 years.
Buy DNS gives will give you a similar advantage if you are willing to let your funds vest over 2 years.
BitAssets, Accounts, and User Issued assets are unaffected.

Play/Music are currently planning their own separate chains that will borrow our technology but still plan to honor PTS/AGS.

*note....whether or not the PTS/DNS price reflects a fair discount is hard to say. 

PTS & DNS will continue as a chains that must find and grow the own community and leaders.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline idealist

• View Profile
I just don't have time to dig though threads and figure out whats going on.

I see that there is some kind of merger happening that has split the community a bit.

Can anyone give a concise explanation of the state of things in the BitShares ecosystem right now?