Author Topic: Fix for DNS Holders who lost money buying into DNS  (Read 36333 times)

Offline sirlo

• View Profile
Actually I'm not a trader, I was newbie trying to get a wallet registered because I couldn't move my DNS otherwise
and so I left my DNS on my BTER account for a few days and now..

I'm SOL simply because..??  a bitshares registration procedure prevented me from immediately moving my dns purchase from the exchange which I would have normally done.

Quite a memorable first BitShares experience I'm having..

All those who bought at Bter are out of luck? All those who claimed after the announcement and sold are also at a loss?

The gainers are those who claimed earlier and sold immediately after the announcement. They got a good price and some free DNS.

Or have I misunderstood it all completely?

I don't think there are any losers except those with funds on the exchange and US.  Those with funds on an exchange were "traders"... those who bought in the days prior and withdrew to hold are OK... those who bought or sold after the announcement are also OK.

Offline yellowecho

So if shares haven't been claimed from the genesis block then nothing needs to be done?  The BTS allocation will be based on the DNS snapshot for PTS/AGS holders?  Or will we still need to import the private keys?

Nothing needs to be done if you never moved your balance in DNS.

Great, thanks!
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
In some sense .. people that took their stake out of the genesis just to VOTE .. benefit from this ..
Lucky me .. still not sure if I want it .. it is kind of unfair .. at least to the devs/I3 ..

//edit: I'll most certainly send my 'extra' stake back to you guys .. I won't take it!
It just doesn't feel right to get a bonus for moving my funds out of the genesis block
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:15:14 pm by xeroc »

Offline bytemaster

So if shares haven't been claimed from the genesis block then nothing needs to be done?  The BTS allocation will be based on the DNS snapshot for PTS/AGS holders?  Or will we still need to import the private keys?

Nothing needs to be done if you never moved your balance in DNS.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bytemaster

When do we expect these payments to be made?

Exodus block of BTSX... with all the other merged stakes.

Ohhh, I see... so people will claim by importing their KeyID wallets?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Yes
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Ohhh, I see... so people will claim by importing their KeyID wallets?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

Just to be clear, the snapshot is being taken from before the thread Bytemaster posted titled "Proposed Allocation for Merger" at a time of " October 21, 2014, 12:26:43 EST"?

If your DNS was on an exchange at that moment OR if your dns had yet to be claimed, then this fix will not apply.
If your DNS was in your wallet, then this will apply.

Correct? If not, what am I (are we) misunderstanding?

Yes

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
Just to be clear, the snapshot is being taken from before the thread Bytemaster posted titled "Proposed Allocation for Merger" at a time of " October 21, 2014, 12:26:43 EST"?

If your DNS was on an exchange at that moment OR if your dns had yet to be claimed, then this fix will not apply.
If your DNS was in your wallet, then this will apply.

Correct? If not, what am I (are we) misunderstanding?

Offline bytemaster

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Those were your short-term speculators who were waiting to sell again when it bumped.

Offline bytemaster

All those who bought at Bter are out of luck? All those who claimed after the announcement and sold are also at a loss?

The gainers are those who claimed earlier and sold immediately after the announcement. They got a good price and some free DNS.

Or have I misunderstood it all completely?

I don't think there are any losers except those with funds on the exchange and US.  Those with funds on an exchange were "traders"... those who bought in the days prior and withdrew to hold are OK... those who bought or sold after the announcement are also OK.

What about all those who bought in immediately after the announcement; all those who had the higher than current price buy orders?

Anyone buying after the announcement was doing so in a market with the information available.  Cannot make all trades profitable. 

You are assuming they were all sitting there with their face glued here waiting for any announcement. There were buy orders which were just set there.

Anyone on an exchange is SOL...   

sumantso

+5% +5% +5% for this! IMHO no one has ever done this to cover the losses of people so I am speechless..

Once I saw the announcement and saw people dumping their DNS I panicked, claimed my shares and sold them since I thought that DNS will have no value anymore. I sold them at 0.0000011-0.0000013  :(

I think you don't benefit from this scheme. Whatever you did was after the snapshot so you won't be getting anything.

Instead of sharedropping, BM should just ask for reversal of trades. Any shortfall due to people withdrawing money would be compensated. Might work out cheaper.

Offline Networks

• View Profile
I do not agree with you, if not merge, DNS can develop well, we invest DNS, is optimistic about its future. You put it stifles