Author Topic: BitUSD across DACs  (Read 12684 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9874

Pretty sure devs are working on it. I can't find the post where BM said this, but I seem to recall that he did. Link above to another discussion.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:35:41 pm by donkeypong »

Offline matt608

• View Profile
As far as I know peertracks is remaining independent so the bitUSD will be different bitUSD than BTS bitUSD, but they will be exchangeable via atomic cross chain trading.  It's possible BTS will buy out peertracks eventually and end up on the same chain with the same bitUSD, but for now they are independent.

So yes your two bullet points are correct.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:59:53 pm by matt608 »

Offline wasthatawolf

I was listening to the Bitcoins and Gravy interview with the guys from Peertracks and they mentioned that BitUSD will be utilized as the main form of payment on Peertracks.  I want to make sure I understand this correctly...

• BitUSD exists on the BitsharesX block chain collateralized by BTSX.
  • BitUSD exists on the Peertracks block chain collateralized by NOTES?

If the above is accurate, can BitUSD move between the BTSX and the NOTES chains?

That's the idea, but keep in mind that this is all subject to change. They just merged several other DACs to fix this particular issue, so don't be surprised if we see a BTS/MUSIC merger down the road at some point.

I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks and I'm just now reading about this merger.  Can you give me the TL;DR?  Is everything going to be running off of one block chain?

Offline Pheonike

Not at the moment. Since they are in the middle of their pre-sale it doesn't make sense for them to make any decisions now. Ultimately it would make sense to bring bitshares music into bts that way they can completely focus on making the PeerTracks front end site the best it can be.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I was listening to the Bitcoins and Gravy interview with the guys from Peertracks and they mentioned that BitUSD will be utilized as the main form of payment on Peertracks.  I want to make sure I understand this correctly...

If the above is accurate, can BitUSD move between the BTSX and the NOTES chains?

That's the idea, but keep in mind that this is all subject to change. They just merged several other DACs to fix this particular issue, so don't be surprised if we see a BTS/MUSIC merger down the road at some point.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline wasthatawolf