Author Topic: Mars.Walker got me thinking about investors and how to handle upcoming attacks  (Read 1863 times)

Offline onceuponatime

Mars.Walker got me thinking about quite a few things with his posts about professional investors and our communication challenges as we start appealing to more mainstream.  Once the final proposal is approved, we know all these different opinions within the forum will be used to attack us.  I would recommend hosting a mumble session or 2, beating the crap out of it and developing strong responses in a central location. Let's put ourselves in their shoes and be ready to have concrete responses to maximize time.

Let me draw your attention to the posts that members such as Xeroc made on LetstalkBitcon

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-155-beyond-bitcoin

I'm impressed, the answers from all our community members were professional and not the least bit defensive. In one of the posts, the BitUSD was mentioned. We know BitUSD will be compared to the Fed Reserve System. The responses helped me see a better way to explain it the next time I see it come up on a thread out in the wild.  I understand we have an FAQ, I'm thinking something even beyond that to head off the attacks that will come in the following weeks. It's great we have some experts that can make these types of responses, it would be useful if the lowest common denominator, like myself that's still fairly new, can also assist.

Nice job guys.  Made me want to go buy some BTS.  :)

Don't think! Act now !
BTS is on sale ,only for 0.025 USD ! only for 0.025 USD !
great features , less costing , only for 0.025 USD !
BTS hotline : 555-xxxx-xxxx-xxx
Free delivery included .

Free delivery??!!!!  Anywhere?

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
If you want to pick the one that goes mainstream you must invest in decisions rather than technology.. NXt started with wrong decision of 71.. while everything bitshares has done has looked good in hindsight. So ofcourse this needs to continue its a race and whoever is a good judge for decisions and cam extrapolate how they affect the
big picture will stand to benefit the most aside from the lucky few who happened to pick the right coin by accident. The decisions to gain conpetitive advantage need to keep coming until network effect is achieved.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Mars.Walker got me thinking about quite a few things with his posts about professional investors and our communication challenges as we start appealing to more mainstream.  Once the final proposal is approved, we know all these different opinions within the forum will be used to attack us.  I would recommend hosting a mumble session or 2, beating the crap out of it and developing strong responses in a central location. Let's put ourselves in their shoes and be ready to have concrete responses to maximize time.

Let me draw your attention to the posts that members such as Xeroc made on LetstalkBitcon

I'm impressed, the answers from all our community members were professional and not the least bit defensive. In one of the posts, the BitUSD was mentioned. We know BitUSD will be compared to the Fed Reserve System. The responses helped me see a better way to explain it the next time I see it come up on a thread out in the wild.  I understand we have an FAQ, I'm thinking something even beyond that to head off the attacks that will come in the following weeks. It's great we have some experts that can make these types of responses, it would be useful if the lowest common denominator, like myself that's still fairly new, can also assist.

Nice job guys.  Made me want to go buy some BTS.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
We know the attacks will amp up, I'm just suggesting we start preparing for the criticisms ahead of time.  Once the superDAC is finalized, flood gates will open.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
If you want to discuss,we can hold mumble,off the record,brain storm,whatever with Bytemaster regularly.
But the forum,every major competitors is trying to dig dirt in it.Once they dig it,they would be having a field day.

I really appreciated the mumble sessions that Bytemaster recently attended. I agree, there's better ways we can brainstorm with BM and not give our competitors ammo.  We have so many challenges ahead, why make their lives any easier?

well , because people want to feel happy and tastful and awake when they consume coffee.....So they want the forum to be a play ground ...

But they forgot after consuming too much coffee,they have to pee more times than normal because of the caffeine   ::)

Imaging when this need of constant peeing happen in a speeding car when you're in the driver seat....

For future references,I posted the original argument here.

help me a bit here... I know I change my name a lot too, but who is Mars.Walker?  NaN?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:55:21 am by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work