Author Topic: BBx Delegate Support Outreach (Phase I): BitSharesTalk Support TaskForce  (Read 6075 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
+5 for Arhag! (a little long but great ideas/content)

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Time for bed.  Too much posting already for a day
I see a total post counter of 15 ..
Makes me lol :)

Sorry i just dont really care if someone is good or trusted if they make me money i only care about that.  If you want something else you are a sucker.  Sorry if it sounds mean.  Dont be a sucker.
Makes me lol even more

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
Um...thanks to newmine I have my eyes on that thread too (though he is incorrect that it has the exact same purpose).   Sorry if people think this is a waste of time.  This is actually proving pretty helpful to me.     ::)

Sorry i just dont really care if someone is good or trusted if they make me money i only care about that.  If you want something else you are a sucker.  Sorry if it sounds mean.  Dont be a sucker.

Time for bed.  Too much posting already for a day

Offline fuzzy

Um...thanks to newmine I have my eyes on that thread too (though he is incorrect that it has the exact same purpose).   Sorry if people think this is a waste of time.  This is actually proving pretty helpful to me.     ::)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:41:26 am by fuzzy »

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
Newmine is my choose!  Who care if people do nice things?  Its all about the dollars! If they do free they are stupid.

He is nice because he knows the truth. 

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
If this isn't one of the biggest circle jerks I've seen....

This is already being done here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7338.0

Offline fuzzy

Why?  Because this metric does not (necessarily) distinguish those members of the community who are working hard on helping from those who are simply attempting to increase their post-count in order to receive recognition.  Sure, post count matters (to a very small degree)...but what matters most is the community recognizing individuals who have given their own unique skills as gifts...in ways that are difficult to quantify.   
I fully agree with you here ... if you take a look into my posts (not all of them probably) you will certainly find plenty of "+5%"-only posts :)
Although showing agreement is worth something .. it's probably not worth much in comparison to other posts!

IMHO, this forum is just a subset of people working on and for BitShares and as such the topic should be renamed to account for that:

- BitSharesTalk Support TaskForce
- BitSharesTalk Selfless Supporters

And then there is the issue of "selfless" ... are you people sure I am not doing all of this for a reason?
Let me give some examples:
 - I may want to stay delegate for as long as possible and tell people to vote for me when they received support?!
 - I may want to connect to the community to establish trust so I can scam you all one day
 - I may have invested plenty of money and want it to grow beyond pluto
 - I may want to establish trust in order to gain power in the community?
 - I may want to have as much influence on people as possible?
 - I may want to .... fill in dr. evil's plans

Just saying .. none of the above might be true .. although a subset or all of it could be?! Couldn't it?

Maybe we skip "selfless", as difficult to know-for-sure and go over to

Done...and now I have my eye on you ;)

All joking aside, though, in the case of you and a great many people who have been here from the beginning...most of us didn't even know there were going to be delegates until maybe 4-5 months into it?  I do get your point though, and greatly appreciate the input. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Why?  Because this metric does not (necessarily) distinguish those members of the community who are working hard on helping from those who are simply attempting to increase their post-count in order to receive recognition.  Sure, post count matters (to a very small degree)...but what matters most is the community recognizing individuals who have given their own unique skills as gifts...in ways that are difficult to quantify.   
I fully agree with you here ... if you take a look into my posts (not all of them probably) you will certainly find plenty of "+5%"-only posts :)
Although showing agreement is worth something .. it's probably not worth much in comparison to other posts!

IMHO, this forum is just a subset of people working on and for BitShares and as such the topic should be renamed to account for that:

- BitSharesTalk Selfless Supporters

And then there is the issue of "selfless" ... are you people sure I am not doing all of this for a reason?
Let me give some examples:
 - I may want to stay delegate for as long as possible and tell people to vote for me when they received support?!
 - I may want to connect to the community to establish trust so I can scam you all one day
 - I may have invested plenty of money and want it to grow beyond pluto
 - I may want to establish trust in order to gain power in the community?
 - I may want to have as much influence on people as possible?
 - I may want to .... fill in dr. evil's plans

Just saying .. none of the above might be true .. although a subset or all of it could be?! Couldn't it?

Maybe we skip "selfless", as difficult to know-for-sure and go over to

Offline fuzzy

Just to note, I do not think it is coincidental that my impression of those who contribute most to the forum here, are among those doing most to help support what BitShares is.

A list of those with most posts, show few surprises. I will adopt xeroc's inability to count to five and suggest kudos to all these:
Code: [Select]
bytemaster
xeroc
toast
tonyk
liondani
Riverhead
cass
luckybit
BTS熊
testz
delulo
ripplexiaoshan
fuzzy
Stan
gamey
alt
CLains
sfinder
sudo
donkeypong
emski
Empirical1
onceuponatime
Amazon
bitmeat
Overthetop
barwizi
HackFisher
gyhy
merockstar
mf-tzo
MeTHoDx
FreeTrade
ebit
heyD
eagleeye
Mars.Walker
Snail
00091lacer
GaltReport
bitcoinerS
coolspeed
biophil
logxing
puppies
+ 80%

I wonder are there dev's who do more work that talk, that also need special mention?..

I am personally not a big fan of this metric...

The Human Element here is what I am attempting to capture--the simple acts of kindness that show a passion for helping others using skill sets unique to ourselves.  We ALL have value...I am looking for those who have chosen time and again to use those unique skill sets to benefit others without ever seeking compensation.  In a world where we want everything to be quantifiable...this is, perhaps, the most difficult to ascertain from simple forum post counts.  This is why I need the community to help me construct a list of these individuals!

Please continue recognizing these individuals! 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:38:57 am by fuzzy »

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Happy to see the effort getting steam!

I've thought about how to handle delegates some more, and I came to the conclusion that the risk of collusion isn't as great as I feared. Once I realised that delegates should be seen more as employees, rather than leaders/VIPs, my paranoia about the whole thing devolving into a political shitshow has been alleviated. Stakeholders will vote for people who do their job (and it's quite easy to prove that you have done your job in a transparent manner in crypto), and they'll ignore people who cause drama to gain attention and support, and they will most DEFINITELY instantly throw out anyone who is proven to be dishonest. Because of this I don't see the need to be a first mover in politicizing the process (or collude to avoid others colluding as it would be), and my initial thoughts that maintaining neutrality will be impossible in the long run might be mistaken.

I still think you should be funded directly by the DAC. No need to gather donations when you are doing work that is easily quantifiable and can easily be proven to be profitable for the DAC. Like I said, I'd be willing to loan as much as you need to fund the effort now, and once BTS is set up, you can just announce with your delegate applications that your pay rate is higher to pay back a loan, and once its paid back you can simply decrease the pay rate to your normal pay rate, as long as we do it transparently, I don't think it will cause any controversy. I'll be willing to take on the risk that you don't get elected delegates - I don't think theres ANY chance the DAC will choose not to pay for community management and stakeholder communication. If the DAC is dumb enough to think that we don't need paid people to handle these things then my loan can be considered a donation.

IMO everyone who is in this who are currently working a job that isn't highly specialized or highly paid, your skills will be put to better use working full time for the DAC because you are one of the few people in the world who actually understand what this thing is and that makes every second you're working for the DAC much more valuable than working for anything else.

Offline fuzzy

sfinder ~long term bts supporter for bridging chinese and english community

+5%

Riverhead (from my experience, he has been willing to help explain the technical side on a deeper level for someone I was trying to teach about bitshares)

Can anyone else tell me if this stranger has done other awesome things that would make him fit well into this thread??
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:38:40 am by fuzzy »

Offline Riverhead

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
sfinder ~long term bts supporter for bridging chinese and english community
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I wonder are there dev's who do more work that talk, that also need special mention?..
modprobe (Nathan)
vikram
dannotstein or dannotestein .. not sure

Offline davidpbrown

Just to note, I do not think it is coincidental that my impression of those who contribute most to the forum here, are among those doing most to help support what BitShares is.

A list of those with most posts, show few surprises. I will adopt xeroc's inability to count to five and suggest kudos to all these:
Code: [Select]
bytemaster
xeroc
toast
tonyk
liondani
Riverhead
cass
luckybit
BTS熊
testz
delulo
ripplexiaoshan
fuzzy
Stan
gamey
alt
CLains
sfinder
sudo
donkeypong
emski
Empirical1
onceuponatime
Amazon
bitmeat
Overthetop
barwizi
HackFisher
gyhy
merockstar
mf-tzo
MeTHoDx
FreeTrade
ebit
heyD
eagleeye
Mars.Walker
Snail
00091lacer
GaltReport
bitcoinerS
coolspeed
biophil
logxing
puppies
+ 80%

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline fuzzy

I will add to my list unnamed contributions from those who bridge the gap between the English speakers and the Chinese; Russians; and others, as I supect their contributions are disproportiately affecting and then useful. Perhaps we need to be mindful of those subforums and even post English with copy in rough translation to help that dialogue. It's unclear to me how many bi-ligual members are here but to them  +5%

Already posted this in the Chinese forum:   https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10418.new#new
You are right though, I should do the same in the other geographical subforums.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:38:27 am by fuzzy »

Offline JoeyD

[Whispers behind everyones back into emskis ear] Are you sure about that he called you an economist man an economist, that's even worse than laywer.
lol :) Just wanted to point out that emski has a profound  knowledge about it .. in contrast to me .. I am still learning

I just want to clarify: I'm not an economist. I have no economic background (except some game theory, and economics in games). I do not claim I understand anything about economics.

Lol, no problem man, I'm messing with you. I have a hard time keeping up my serious face on this forums, to me it's like a staring contest with everybody trying to keep on their not laughing serious face.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
[Whispers behind everyones back into emskis ear] Are you sure about that he called you an economist man an economist, that's even worse than laywer.
lol :) Just wanted to point out that emski has a profound  knowledge about it .. in contrast to me .. I am still learning

I just want to clarify: I'm not an economist. I have no economic background (except some game theory, and economics in games). I do not claim I understand anything about economics.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline JoeyD

I'm more concerned about the lack of criticism in tonyk which was the main point. He surely deserves that.

Offline davidpbrown

I will add to my list unnamed contributions from those who bridge the gap between the English speakers and the Chinese; Russians; and others, as I supect their contributions are disproportiately affecting and then useful. Perhaps we need to be mindful of those subforums and even post English with copy in rough translation to help that dialogue. It's unclear to me how many bi-ligual members are here but to them  +5%

Offline emski

• View Profile
because .. IMHO .. you found more points that deserve some criticism in the code, in the economics, and the project as a whole ...

PLEASE don't get me wrong here .. your criticism is APPRECIATED!!!

//edit: maybe I am biased because of recent events ...

I apologize if I offended you in any way!

Relax. You need to do much much better to offend me. Thanks for recognition! Thanks for your contributions too. I would add you to the list though...

Offline emski

• View Profile
fuzznuts (idealist, evangelism)
tonyk (helpful guy.. and funny too)
luckybit (criticism, opening _very_ intersting discussions)
A86 (economist)
liondani (idealist, pretty helpful)
cass (awesome designs)
delulo (different perspective, enlightening)
gamey (criticism, hangout recordings)
JoeyD (hangouts!!)
alt (trying to crush the market!)
emski (criticism, economist)

pretty sure I forgot some ..
thanks to all you guys .. it's a pleasure 'working' together with you even though opinions might differ (but thats what they are good for :) )

Why do i get criticism and tonyk doesn't ?

Because you don't hangout more with me, isn't that obvious, tssk!

EDIT
Btw I do love the part where you complain about being seen as critical, but are okay with being called an economist. Even I'd been angry if someone would call me names like that.

I'm more concerned about the lack of criticism in tonyk which was the main point. He surely deserves that.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
A86 (economist)
cass (awesome designs)
JoeyD (hangouts!!)

thanks to all you guys .. it's a pleasure 'working' together with you even though opinions might differ (but thats what they are good for :) )

because .. IMHO .. you found more points that deserve some criticism in the code, in the economics, and the project as a whole ...

PLEASE don't get me wrong here .. your criticism is APPRECIATED!!!

//edit: maybe I am biased because of recent events ...

I apologize if I offended you in any way!

Offline JoeyD

A86 (economist)
cass (awesome designs)
JoeyD (hangouts!!)

Because you don't hangout more with me, isn't that obvious, tssk!

EDIT
Btw I do love the part where you complain about being seen as critical, but are okay with being called an economist. Even I'd been angry if someone would call me names like that.

Offline emski

• View Profile
A86 (economist)
cass (awesome designs)
JoeyD (hangouts!!)

EDIT: I think I'm far from an economist too.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:10:31 pm by emski »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
onceuponatime -for helping quietly every newbie that comes to this forum +1
Here we go, I forgot one! .. Damnit

Offline oco101

• View Profile
onceuponatime -for helping quietly every newbie that comes to this forum +1

Offline fuzzy

I would acknowledge all those xeroc suggested above but obviously missing there is xeroc's own contribution.. frequently making useful contributions.
More substaintial recently then is bytemaster and toast, their actions over the last days have been very encouraging.
+5%

I wonder that there should be a standing thankyou thread and perhaps some way of acknowledging individual's, perhaps a + 1% button beneath the profile's post count. There really are too many people to recall offhand and it's nice to acknowledge people in the moment too; a simple hat tip, where direct reply isn't useful.
Wow .. that is actually a good idea .. to have at least a button below the name which users can click to just say "thank you" .. no strings attached .. maybe not even a financial incentive .. or mabe .. by clicking that link redirect them to the "support tipping" fund/thread ..

I like that idea .. +5% ...
+5%

I have been humbled to work with some of the most selfless people I have ever met this past year...and to know that I found them literally all here on a forum that exists somewhere between the real world and an endless digital void...well needless to say, its been amazing.  They never knew it, but I was sitting back and waiting to see which ones would stick around...which ones would continue "the grind" through the most trying of times. 

Without them, the network effect would have been far more difficult to achieve.  When Brian says we have the biggest and best community in Crypto...he means it.  And it is because of them coupled with the small contributions from every individual who cared enough to take 5 minutes out of their day to do something, anything...to help.

I must leave it at this, however, as there is ONE purpose to this thread.  Please help me identify these individuals! 

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:48:22 am by fuzzy »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I would acknowledge all those xeroc suggested above but obviously missing there is xeroc's own contribution.. frequently making useful contributions.
More substaintial recently then is bytemaster and toast, their actions over the last days have been very encouraging.
+5%

I wonder that there should be a standing thankyou thread and perhaps some way of acknowledging individual's, perhaps a + 1% button beneath the profile's post count. There really are too many people to recall offhand and it's nice to acknowledge people in the moment too; a simple hat tip, where direct reply isn't useful.
Wow .. that is actually a good idea .. to have at least a button below the name which users can click to just say "thank you" .. no strings attached .. maybe not even a financial incentive .. or mabe .. by clicking that link redirect them to the "support tipping" fund/thread ..

I like that idea .. +5% ...

Offline davidpbrown

Offline fuzzy

Feel free to also express why.

Because everything has its price?..  :-\

Because everything has its [insert]value[/insert]..  ?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
A86 (economist)
cass (awesome designs)
JoeyD (hangouts!!)

Offline davidpbrown

Offline onceuponatime

DecentralizedApplication for being the Court Jester and playing the Fool.

And Stan, for being The Man.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:32:57 am by onceuponatime »

Offline fuzzy

I will begin: 

CLains (organizing and running donation campaigns, and helping support community-based endeavors)
Xeroc (General IT Guru who offers his services freely to any who seek his help)
Gentso (T-Shirt promotional drive)
MeTHodX (basic promotional content and cryptojournalism)
svk (creation of bitsharesblocks--your source for bitshares network/delegate statistics!)
jabbajabba (work on the BeyondBitcoinx.net site--its coming together nicely!)
JoeyD (for his numerous acts of firestarting (lol...) & selfless work helping expand the reach of BBx to the community)
Gamey (for editing and posting all content captured in Dev Hangouts so those who could not attend)
Delulo (for outreach to other communities, attempts to put out the fires (lol...), and most importantly, not losing hope that we can all change)

There are many more, but I will try to limit them here to ensure my list doesn't eat up everyone else's.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:47:13 am by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

hey,I want to support the mumble server payment with little help.
where should I send BitUSD to  +5%

It has been changed to be reflected in the signature...and thank you.  It will go to good use for the community!

Offline fuzzy

There are many in this community who have done work to move BitShares forward in various ways.  They have selflessly helped solidify a foundation upon which our Network effect continues to grow...and many may never ask for anything in return.  They are the unsung heroes on these forums...

Those few may be too humble to ask for payment, may not believe they are valuable enough to deserve payment, or may live with the belief that their humility and goodwill will someday be reciprocated.     

This post is intended to give the community a place where we can begin recognizing these individuals.  Never forget that they are THE KEY to expanding and strengthening our network.  As such, we should make them feel appreciated by honoring their integrity, service and excellence.  Please take a moment to give us a small list of individuals who fit this bill.  Feel free to also express why.  This link will be closed to comments after 7 days (Friday, 31 OCT 14 @11:59pm) so we can prepare Phase II.   

Please post names, along with reasons why you are thankful for them (in parenthesis) next to him/her.  If someone has already been acknowledged, do not let that keep you from giving them credit!  Please make sure each post has no more than five of these people for each poster!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:35:59 am by fuzzy »