Author Topic: BBx Delegate Support Outreach (Phase I): BitSharesTalk Support TaskForce  (Read 6076 times)

Offline davidpbrown

Just to note, I do not think it is coincidental that my impression of those who contribute most to the forum here, are among those doing most to help support what BitShares is.

A list of those with most posts, show few surprises. I will adopt xeroc's inability to count to five and suggest kudos to all these:
Code: [Select]
bytemaster
xeroc
toast
tonyk
liondani
Riverhead
cass
luckybit
BTS熊
testz
delulo
ripplexiaoshan
fuzzy
Stan
gamey
alt
CLains
sfinder
sudo
donkeypong
emski
Empirical1
onceuponatime
Amazon
bitmeat
Overthetop
barwizi
HackFisher
gyhy
merockstar
mf-tzo
MeTHoDx
FreeTrade
ebit
heyD
eagleeye
Mars.Walker
Snail
00091lacer
GaltReport
bitcoinerS
coolspeed
biophil
logxing
puppies
+ 80%

I wonder are there dev's who do more work that talk, that also need special mention?..
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline fuzzy

I will add to my list unnamed contributions from those who bridge the gap between the English speakers and the Chinese; Russians; and others, as I supect their contributions are disproportiately affecting and then useful. Perhaps we need to be mindful of those subforums and even post English with copy in rough translation to help that dialogue. It's unclear to me how many bi-ligual members are here but to them  +5%

Already posted this in the Chinese forum:   https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10418.new#new
You are right though, I should do the same in the other geographical subforums.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:38:27 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline JoeyD

[Whispers behind everyones back into emskis ear] Are you sure about that he called you an economist man an economist, that's even worse than laywer.
lol :) Just wanted to point out that emski has a profound  knowledge about it .. in contrast to me .. I am still learning

I just want to clarify: I'm not an economist. I have no economic background (except some game theory, and economics in games). I do not claim I understand anything about economics.

Lol, no problem man, I'm messing with you. I have a hard time keeping up my serious face on this forums, to me it's like a staring contest with everybody trying to keep on their not laughing serious face.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
[Whispers behind everyones back into emskis ear] Are you sure about that he called you an economist man an economist, that's even worse than laywer.
lol :) Just wanted to point out that emski has a profound  knowledge about it .. in contrast to me .. I am still learning

I just want to clarify: I'm not an economist. I have no economic background (except some game theory, and economics in games). I do not claim I understand anything about economics.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline JoeyD

I'm more concerned about the lack of criticism in tonyk which was the main point. He surely deserves that.

Offline davidpbrown

I will add to my list unnamed contributions from those who bridge the gap between the English speakers and the Chinese; Russians; and others, as I supect their contributions are disproportiately affecting and then useful. Perhaps we need to be mindful of those subforums and even post English with copy in rough translation to help that dialogue. It's unclear to me how many bi-ligual members are here but to them  +5%
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline emski

• View Profile
because .. IMHO .. you found more points that deserve some criticism in the code, in the economics, and the project as a whole ...

PLEASE don't get me wrong here .. your criticism is APPRECIATED!!!

//edit: maybe I am biased because of recent events ...

I apologize if I offended you in any way!

Relax. You need to do much much better to offend me. Thanks for recognition! Thanks for your contributions too. I would add you to the list though...

Offline emski

• View Profile
fuzznuts (idealist, evangelism)
tonyk (helpful guy.. and funny too)
luckybit (criticism, opening _very_ intersting discussions)
A86 (economist)
liondani (idealist, pretty helpful)
cass (awesome designs)
delulo (different perspective, enlightening)
gamey (criticism, hangout recordings)
JoeyD (hangouts!!)
alt (trying to crush the market!)
emski (criticism, economist)

pretty sure I forgot some ..
thanks to all you guys .. it's a pleasure 'working' together with you even though opinions might differ (but thats what they are good for :) )

Why do i get criticism and tonyk doesn't ?

Because you don't hangout more with me, isn't that obvious, tssk!

EDIT
Btw I do love the part where you complain about being seen as critical, but are okay with being called an economist. Even I'd been angry if someone would call me names like that.

I'm more concerned about the lack of criticism in tonyk which was the main point. He surely deserves that.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
A86 (economist)
cass (awesome designs)
JoeyD (hangouts!!)

thanks to all you guys .. it's a pleasure 'working' together with you even though opinions might differ (but thats what they are good for :) )

because .. IMHO .. you found more points that deserve some criticism in the code, in the economics, and the project as a whole ...

PLEASE don't get me wrong here .. your criticism is APPRECIATED!!!

//edit: maybe I am biased because of recent events ...

I apologize if I offended you in any way!

Offline JoeyD

A86 (economist)
cass (awesome designs)
JoeyD (hangouts!!)

Because you don't hangout more with me, isn't that obvious, tssk!

EDIT
Btw I do love the part where you complain about being seen as critical, but are okay with being called an economist. Even I'd been angry if someone would call me names like that.

Offline emski

• View Profile
A86 (economist)
cass (awesome designs)
JoeyD (hangouts!!)

EDIT: I think I'm far from an economist too.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:10:31 pm by emski »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
onceuponatime -for helping quietly every newbie that comes to this forum +1
Here we go, I forgot one! .. Damnit

Offline oco101

• View Profile
onceuponatime -for helping quietly every newbie that comes to this forum +1

Offline fuzzy

I would acknowledge all those xeroc suggested above but obviously missing there is xeroc's own contribution.. frequently making useful contributions.
More substaintial recently then is bytemaster and toast, their actions over the last days have been very encouraging.
+5%

I wonder that there should be a standing thankyou thread and perhaps some way of acknowledging individual's, perhaps a + 1% button beneath the profile's post count. There really are too many people to recall offhand and it's nice to acknowledge people in the moment too; a simple hat tip, where direct reply isn't useful.
Wow .. that is actually a good idea .. to have at least a button below the name which users can click to just say "thank you" .. no strings attached .. maybe not even a financial incentive .. or mabe .. by clicking that link redirect them to the "support tipping" fund/thread ..

I like that idea .. +5% ...
+5%

I have been humbled to work with some of the most selfless people I have ever met this past year...and to know that I found them literally all here on a forum that exists somewhere between the real world and an endless digital void...well needless to say, its been amazing.  They never knew it, but I was sitting back and waiting to see which ones would stick around...which ones would continue "the grind" through the most trying of times. 

Without them, the network effect would have been far more difficult to achieve.  When Brian says we have the biggest and best community in Crypto...he means it.  And it is because of them coupled with the small contributions from every individual who cared enough to take 5 minutes out of their day to do something, anything...to help.

I must leave it at this, however, as there is ONE purpose to this thread.  Please help me identify these individuals! 

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:48:22 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D