Author Topic: BTC38 (and now BTER) retroactive snapshot - lots of DNS holders made whole  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Riverhead

Can someone please clarify this for me. I have some DNS in my wallet, I got them after importing my PTS wallet. Do I need to move DNS to somewhere right now? To Bter? I hear they have some sort of payback going on.

Also, are the PTS I used twice now (importing to BTSX and DNS) now worthless? They can still be used for that 2 year vesting period correct?

1) Keep your DNS where they are. You'll get the BTS for them that vests over two years.

2) PTS will be used to snapshot PLAY and who knows what else in the future. There is a project to migrate PTS to a DPOS chain that will also do a 1:1.

3) The PTS chain is getting a snapshot to determine distribution of 7% of the 500M shares being added to supply. PTS itself is not being touched.

To answer the question before yours about how the exchanges are going to handle the BTS AirDrop....that still remains to be seen. They can either pay out to your BTC38 account 1/730th/day, pay you all out at once, or do nothing and keep the BTS. The first option is most likely, the second would be best for the customer, and the third would be horrible. BTER and BTC38 have stated they'll do one or two.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:40:57 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
Can someone please clarify this for me. I have some DNS in my wallet, I got them after importing my PTS wallet. Do I need to move DNS to somewhere right now? To Bter? I hear they have some sort of payback going on.

Also, are the PTS I used twice now (importing to BTSX and DNS) now worthless? They can still be used for that 2 year vesting period correct?

Offline bobb

• View Profile
The extra DNS compensation from 3I is based on wallet balance moved from Genesis before his "proposal" post. You'll either get it or not.

Sure, there is no question about the funds you were holding yourself.
But the topic of this thread was about bter and btc38 distributing the compensation to their users.
I just haven't found any details on how they will do that.

I would assume they'll do a retroactive snapshot like the subject says, just want to make sure if it is okay to withdraw the funds in question.
I guess, the compensation will be vested on bter's side.
But it would be nice to at least have control over the rest :)

It would really help if anyone who was in contact with bter could confirm that is ok to withdraw without losing the compensation.

Thanks so much in advance!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:31:58 pm by bobb »

Offline Riverhead

The extra DNS compensation from 3I is based on wallet balance moved from Genesis before his "proposal" post. You'll either get it or not. There's nothing that needs to be done for that bit.

Offline bobb

• View Profile
It would be nice to hear how bter will distribute the BTS to DNS holders.

@toast: do you have any information from them?

Is it save to withdraw the DNS instead of leaving them on bter?
Or do you lose the compensation that way?

Offline skywalker861

• View Profile
What the meaning of not leave?I went through the hard time.But  I have sold DNS yesterday. Can i get the extra BTS?

Offline Riverhead

BTC38 has the same issue. They need to update their wallet to 0.05

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline svk

just to double check.

One can withdraw the DNS from Bter and still receive the retroactive 'rollback BTS'?
Having funds stuck on an exchange for that long just isn't a good idea :)

thanks in advance!
I wanted to withdraw my DNS from BTER yesterday but the 10 DNS test never arrived. So I'm gonna have to keep them there for the snapshot I guess.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bobb

• View Profile
just to double check.

One can withdraw the DNS from Bter and still receive the retroactive 'rollback BTS'?
Having funds stuck on an exchange for that long just isn't a good idea :)

thanks in advance!

Offline Riverhead

It can all be figured out after the fact and credit your account the appropriate BTS. There is no need to give you DNS.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
how will it be done? i suppose they have to allocate DNS into your account before Nov. 5th? would be nice to have more information.
+5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
how will it be done? i suppose they have to allocate DNS into your account before Nov. 5th? would be nice to have more information.

Offline Riverhead

The 2B 1:1 allocation BTSX:BTS is not subject to vesting. All the other 500M is.

Offline bobohuy

• View Profile
Does anyone know when this one will happen? Before or after the snapshot date?