Author Topic: DelieveryDAC?  (Read 2803 times)

Offline fuzzy

The REAL question is...can we use drones with this to put a Hit out on Dolph Lundgren?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:05:57 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline td services

• View Profile
This is one of my passions, along with wireless mesh networks - p2p delivery.

The dispatching system can easily be a DAC, basically a market place for matching vehicles to users. Each vehicle could be a DAC with shareholders or shareholders had own a fleet of vehicles through a DAC. Vehicles can be protected from theft and vandalism by users temporarily purchasing the vehicle with DAC shares for delivery and reselling it back to the DAC or another user minus delivery fee after delivery is complete. Service operators may purchase, refuel, recharge, and repair, and the resell vehicles into the transport network at a profit. Operators may also lease vehicles at a mark-up to users who can't or don't want to temporarily purchase vehicles for a delivery.

The vehicles would be open source design with standardized interface among parts, like PC computers, so anyone can build vehicles and sell them into the network.

The vehicles can be both wheeled autonomous vehicles and drones. I would redesign the drones to be quad or more fans for vertical takeoff and landing with a lifting body for fast, efficient, horizontal flight.

Offline bytemaster

The difficult part of this would be figuring out how to repair the machines as they wore down, and how to build new ones as the DAC grew

Lets carefully consider the business model here.   The existence of ROBOTS is merely serving to confuse the issue because a working DAC should work if you replace ROBOTS with PEOPLE, the only thing that would change is the cost of operation.

If you can figure out a business model for the DAC that will motivate the following:

1) People to trust others with physical possession of their goods while in transit
2) Insurance against damage
3) Motivate rapid delivery for highest profit
4) Insulate individuals from the need for any contracts enforced by governments.

Keep thinking up DACs, decentralized delivery systems are very much in need.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
The difficult part of this would be figuring out how to repair the machines as they wore down, and how to build new ones as the DAC grew
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
With the advent of sophisticated autonomous navigation systems, could a DAC exchange invested bitshares for BTC which are then used to purchase autonomous cars, quadrocopter swarms, etc... and then use these devices to deliver physical objects and people from one location to another, returning the delivery fee as a profit to investors?

To the extent that DACs emerge as incorruptible trusted third-party escrow agents, they can theoretically serve as a catalyst in the exchange of any tangible service or commodity.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
With the advent of sophisticated autonomous navigation systems, could a DAC exchange invested bitshares for BTC which are then used to purchase autonomous cars, quadrocopter swarms, etc... and then use these devices to deliver physical objects and people from one location to another, returning the delivery fee as a profit to investors?
Code: [Select]
wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART