Author Topic: [RESOLVED] 0.4.21 not connected and other issues  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Methodise

All better now. I was being silly..  :-\
BTS: methodise

Offline Methodise

It's a feature, not a bug! It prevents people from dumping on an exchange... LOL

I have never called anybody an idiot...But it is as good case as it  gets...

Y so serious, tonyk? Couldn't see the humor in this?

Some good, dark humour. But I believe one has to be British to laugh so heartily at their own misfortune? I'm not trying to dump, on the contrary. This situation is becoming so ugly, it must be a buy op. But being unable to sync sure makes a compelling case for dumping out of frustration.

I suppose I should get off my arse, present a delegate, and start seeding. But then, how would I sync the fucking things?

BTS: methodise

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
It's a feature, not a bug! It prevents people from dumping on an exchange... LOL

Y so serious, tonyk? Couldn't see the humor in this?

Offline Eylrid

• View Profile
I'm having a similar problem. I got up to block #679840 and now it won't connect. I'm using v0.4.22 on Windows Vista 32 bit.

I tried posting the results of get_info but the forum told me "I'm sorry but you can't post external links." I'm not sure what it thought was an external link.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:34:34 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
BTW,
if somebody is experiencing the same problem, and really needs a quick and dirty hack... PM or something.

I do not want to post it here, cause I am pretty certain it is not how it is supposed to be resolved.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Do I have to download the 4.22 Wallet or will my 4.20 wallet update automatically?  I have windows 7 64 bit

You have to download it. Try to not kill you current database though so you do not have to go through the pain I am going through (i.e. in win install it over the previous version)

How do I not "kill" the current database?  Sorry I'm not very familiar with crypto wallets

Offline joele

• View Profile
0.4.22 ; Win7 32bit. Same issue. Any solution?

default.log all like this

20141024T132206.021522 bitshares:rebroadcast_pending rebroadcast_pending_ ] rebroadcasting 0         client.cpp:1117
20141024T132219.021979 bitshares:rebroadcast_pending rebroadcast_pending_ ] rebroadcasting 0         client.cpp:1117
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:22:54 pm by joele »

Tuck Fheman

FWIW 4.22 32 bit worked for me, but I'm not sure if it was switching to the 32bit version or the fact that I deleted the wallet folder and imported my wallet this time ... and honestly I don't care because I've spent 5 hours trying to sync.  :-\

Note : I'm running it in compatibility mode (WinXP/SP3) and as administrator.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:28:45 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline joele

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Yep.. 0.4.22 works the way it is expected to ... the same way 0.4.21 works (with those unavailable for me improvements).

-So the question is can I turn 

"network_chain_downloader_running": false,

to true and if 'yes' how?

-If not - what are my alternatives - wait for official fix/ get the database from a trusted party/ something else....???

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Do I have to download the 4.22 Wallet or will my 4.20 wallet update automatically?  I have windows 7 64 bit

You have to download it. Try to not kill you current database though so you do not have to go through the pain I am going through (i.e. in win install it over the previous version)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
same here. no connection w/4.21 on Win7/64. tried using compatibility mode, still no go. client hangs trying to exit. will try 32bit version.

Edit : found binaries for 4.22, trying that instead.

Where did you find them? I do not see any binaries for 0.4.22 here https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases
plus the 4.22  just fixes the 2 issues explained , IFAIKT...

http://bitshares-x.info/
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop