Author Topic: I3 need to hire a CEO  (Read 5045 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I3 needs to be disbanded and everyone on the BitShares team (including devs, marketing, partners, etc) need to signup as delegates so they get paid and we can vote on performance.

I agree generally but I have a problem with this scenario,i.e  it will be really tough to evaluate how good a developer is, or how productive is. I prefer to vote for a delegate(Bytemaster) that will be in charge of a team of devs instead to bother how good each developer is. In my opinion this is much more efficient. How many shareholders will even take the time to vote for one dev now imagine if they have like 50 or more ?

You can have your cake and eat it too!

Every elected developer has a decentralized means of support. 
Funds do not need to flow through any centralized point of interdiction.
But these independent entities can work together and self-organize as tasks come and go.
They have different skills and some of them are current/future leaders.

So, the day to day activities of the Virginia team might not change much at all.
Just who they are all ultimately responsible to - the stakeholders.

Meanwhile, think of the new talent that will attract.
Everybody will be competing to stay in the top 101.
So we have built-in motivation to be transparent and accountable.

And, yes, the endorsement of respected leaders who need the help of lesser known key talents will help them stay elected too.

Why not vote i.e for 1 delegate that represent team devs(I.e bytemaster) if the stakeholders trust him they will give the funds that bytemastes consider fit ? . That will take just one delegate spot instead of 50. So you could have 1 delegate for marketing and so on. 101 delegates spots  may be not enough to cover all the needs of the superDAC.

sumantso

I think this will put too much pressure on delegates. What if somebody has the skill and resources to reliably produce blocks but lacks in making decisions, deciding on future and vice versa.

Think of a delegate in politics. They have a staff. I can see a delegate being the front person but behind them are IT folks and business analysts.

In politics you need people with different views, and you can vote in or out based on that. We don't want a reliable producer to be voted out her based on other reasons.

Delegates should be simple - produce blocks reliably, and update feeds on time.

Offline Riverhead

I think this will put too much pressure on delegates. What if somebody has the skill and resources to reliably produce blocks but lacks in making decisions, deciding on future and vice versa.

Think of a delegate in politics. They have a staff. I can see a delegate being the front person but behind them are IT folks and business analysts.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I3 needs to be disbanded and everyone on the BitShares team (including devs, marketing, partners, etc) need to signup as delegates so they get paid and we can vote on performance.

I agree generally but I have a problem with this scenario,i.e  it will be really tough to evaluate how good a developer is, or how productive is. I prefer to vote for a delegate(Bytemaster) that will be in charge of a team of devs instead to bother how good each developer is. In my opinion this is much more efficient. How many shareholders will even take the time to vote for one dev now imagine if they have like 50 or more ?

When you vote for bytemaster, you will be voting for his entire slate, which will be his team and whoever else he thinks are profitable for the DAC. This has both the advantages of enabling you to vote for an entire team, AND additionally you have the ability to transparently audit and downvote any individuals within the organizational structure that you don't agree with having on as delegates.

So let me see if I understand exactly the way it will work. So say I vote for Bytemaster then it means I vote for his entire team witch let pretend are about 50 different delegates, But then if I want I can just downvote one of them if I feel like ?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 04:14:17 am by oco101 »

sumantso

I think this will put too much pressure on delegates. What if somebody has the skill and resources to reliably produce blocks but lacks in making decisions, deciding on future and vice versa. What happens if the delegates are divided on a key issue, and the shareholders choose one opinion which would mean the other set would get voted out which is required for decision making, but that will result in losing a reliable producer.

I think there should be two sets - one block producing set of delegates, and another set for decisions, development, marketing etc. While ordinary delegates are under strict non-centralization rules, the 2nd set can collude, form teams, ask for larger funding, hire their team etc.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

You can have your cake and eat it too!

Every elected developer has a decentralized means of support. 
Funds do not need to flow through any centralized point of interdiction.
But these independent entities can work together and self-organize as tasks come and go.
They have different skills and some of them are current/future leaders.

So, the day to day activities of the Virginia team might not change much at all.
Just who they are all ultimately responsible to - the stakeholders.

Meanwhile, think of the new talent that will attract.
Everybody will be competing to stay in the top 101.
So we have built-in motivation to be transparent and accountable.

And, yes, the endorsement of respected leaders who need the help of lesser known key talents will help them stay elected too.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

When you vote for bytemaster, you will be voting for his entire slate, which will be his team and whoever else he thinks are profitable for the DAC. This has both the advantages of enabling you to vote for an entire team, AND additionally you have the ability to transparently audit and downvote any individuals within the organizational structure that you don't agree with having on as delegates.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Has anyone stated whether marketing/development funds will be used to vote for I3 delegates (or others)?

I think once the initial marketing push is done, and the entire team is integrated as delegates then the funds will be burned to return them to shareholders who are currently the rightful owners of those funds.

I3 delegates will not have to worry about votes, there is zero economic incentive for a stakeholder to not have them employed.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile

Has anyone stated whether marketing/development funds will be used to vote for I3 delegates (or others)?

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Riverhead

They are all going to work for the SuperDAC.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
According to I3 there are no investors. I3 is to be disbanded.

Maybe I'm hearing rumors which aren't true?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I3 needs to be disbanded and replaced by delegates. I'm sure bitshares itself will be like bitcoin and have many CEO's  ;)

Offline linyibo010

• View Profile
I3 need to hire a CEO,
To manage III,
To plan the development of the company and promote market.
AS investors,we can have more confidence.
Anyone think so?