Author Topic: Should Bitshares Music approach Kim Dot Com?  (Read 4848 times)

Offline fuzzy

[impossible]I have attempted to approach him so many times...[/impossible]
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline House

• CEO BTCOR Group
    • View Profile
    • BTCOR
  • BitShares: house-ceo
Kim Dotcom is laying rather low after his catastrophic defeat in the NZ elections space. A lot of negativity around him after his own acknowledgement of his lack of foresight and accompanying baggage.

That said, I have no doubt that he will be looking for an opportunity to reinvent himself.

Couple of shady items of interest that I have yet to research further:
Actually, I really want to like the guy. At face value, I think he's just as fed up with TPTB as we are. :-\

PS. I'm quite certain he has no affiliation with megacoin
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 04:12:41 am by House »

Offline davidpbrown

If Kim Dot Com likes this idea he probably create his own megatracks and copy this concept.

Another reason to get him on our side sooner. If PeerTracks is sucessful, he's likely to see the potential.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline joele

• View Profile
If Kim Dot Com likes this idea he probably create his own megatracks and copy this concept.

Offline davidpbrown

I like kim dot com and I think he would be a great choice for a delegate.

I've a very good impression of him. He's obviously weathered a lot of flak from ye olde world vested interests. He seems a solid character and has capability to create waves.. Mega seems to be doing well etc. I don't see a down side. PeerTracks is potentially bigger than any single contribution. In the event there ever was a problem, it would be clear that PeerTracks wasn't his idea, just something he's liked and enabled.  +5% +5% +5%

Consider for a moment that he has 370k followers on twitter.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:19:49 pm by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I like kim dot com and I think he would be a great choice for a delegate.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Kim Dot Com might be a good person to partner with if you look into his background.
May be bad publicity IMHO .. considering where he got most of his money from and how that is seen by people

How do you think people will see how people in our space got their money? Be honest about this.

Do we really think it is bad publicity to work with Kim Dot Com?

A lot of people got rich with bitcoin and no one cared. And even if we have to fight some bad image we don't have to make it even easier for people to judge.

Although my thoughts on this might be affected by personal feelings. I somehow really dislike this guy. Anyone else feeling the same?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Didn't he already have his own coin ?  Megacoin.. still there 600k market cap.  Or am I confused about the origins of the coin?  I remember looking at the wallet at one point.  It had someone reskin the front to not look like a boring gray qt app.
AFAIK megacoin has no relation to Kim's mega platform

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Didn't he already have his own coin ?  Megacoin.. still there 600k market cap.  Or am I confused about the origins of the coin?  I remember looking at the wallet at one point.  It had someone reskin the front to not look like a boring gray qt app.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
 +5% +5%

Yeah, Dot Com could be the man ! Celebrity endorsement, geeky style, that's a great idea indeed :) :)

And true, if rich we become, we will be hated for the way we became rich...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Lucky, you're good for "an idea a day". How can we possibly follow up on all of them?  :)

When the time is right we can approach Kim Dot Com and offer to elect him as a delegate. In exchange he could use his resources to help us. He will either accept or reject the offer but it would make a good media story either way.

I think someone like Kim Dot Com could make a good delegate and while it would attract media attention I think Kim Dot Com is more of a hero than villain. He didn't actually do any piracy himself.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Kim Dot Com might be a good person to partner with if you look into his background.
May be bad publicity IMHO .. considering where he got most of his money from and how that is seen by people

How do you think people will see how people in our space got their money? Be honest about this.

Point taken ..

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Lucky, you're good for "an idea a day". How can we possibly follow up on all of them?  :)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH